• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Well this is interesting

They just lost another ship in the Black Sea. I'm expecting another .massive hypersonic attack soon. Surprised they aren't jamming around crimea constantly

How does "Hal Turner" know that GPS was jammed?

Do you idiots believe everything you read with no critical thinking?

Which GPS system was jammed? The US? Or russian system? IIRC, the chinese were putting up there own GPS system as well, but it was small, and primarily for their part of the world.

Back in the late 90's the GPS system had limited precision because the GPS originally had a military application, at least that's what they told me in my class on the PLGR (plugger) GPS system we used in the Army at the time. Then they allowed it to be commercialized and voila, a multi-billion dollar industry sprouted up around the .gov system. Just a fun fact you didn't ask for.

Branden

Which GPS system was jammed? The US? Or russian system? IIRC, the chinese were putting up there own GPS system as well, but it was small, and primarily for their part of the world.

Back in the late 90's the GPS system had limited precision because the GPS originally had a military application, at least that's what they told me in my class on the PLGR (plugger) GPS system we used in the Army at the time. Then they allowed it to be commercialized and voila, a multi-billion dollar industry sprouted up around the .gov system. Just a fun fact you didn't ask for.

Branden
It was around long before that my nizzle....they just kept quiet about it.
Ask any lurpy or anglico about that and honestly I don't know if that is still hushed, but I doubt it.

BTW, ever heard of "MilNet" ?

Correct, as the old one I had, could tell me which side of the street I was on in 1982. Even back then uncle had the ability to degrade civi units to 100's of yards or miles if so inclined, however during those events only mil units would display properly. Interesting to place one of each together & see the results.

Reactions: Yasherka

Branden
US = GPS
Russia = GLONASS
China = Beidou

All can be jammed. In order to find out where the jamming is coming from you have to identify it. How you do that while on Earth can be tricky. This is why GPS denied navigation technology is a thing.

With some current commercially available GPS systems you can switch in between those and accuracy is extremely good, at least with GPS.

Reactions: Yasherka

Branden

Selective availability.

Built in, user adjustable accuracy.

Can't recall when SA was turned off for good, but I think it was late 90s.

I was in Maui on 9/11. Wasn't sure why GPS had me out in the ocean.

During following years of war, military didn't have enough mil units for everyone so they bought up all the civi units and turned off SA.
Goat fuckers couldn't really make use of it anyway so didn't matter.

Bars have been doing it on trivia night. The cartels use it on the police and military in Mexico when they set up ambushes. You don't think this technology had been exploited by some rich powerful people in the .gov?

Ask any lurpy or anglico about that and honestly I don't know if that is still hushed, but I doubt it.

BTW, ever heard of "MilNet" ?
I work, literally, next door to the GPS guys. There was a sign out in the hallway a few weeks ago "Celebrating 40 years of GPS"