• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Well well well, lookie here (MDT GEN 2 Ckye Pod is here!)

I’d rather pay up front than have 600 bucks pulled from my account randomly. But either way. I’d back order one if I needed another but I do not.

Do I hear 1k for a Gen 2 Ckye pod? Ready to ship tomorrow, gently used. Click the spoiler for PayPal info. 1st to send funds get it.

Issa joke

Issa joke again
You forgot......"I know what I have"......😁

• Haha
Reactions: Krob95
Just adding these bipods are amazing. Coming from someone who has eyeballed them for 2 years and finally made the jump. Glad I waited and got the gen 2. Even went all out and got the double pull.
These bipods will literally change your life.

I’d rather pay up front than have 600 bucks pulled from my account randomly. But either way. I’d back order one if I needed another but I do not.

Do I hear 1k for a Gen 2 Ckye pod? Ready to ship tomorrow, gently used. Click the spoiler for PayPal info. 1st to send funds get it.

Issa joke

Issa joke again
NO! Gonna need yours next month as I believe I'm in on the backorder until Spring group. My only gripe is I wish I'd been informed instead of believing I'd see a new bipod soon. But at least it will appreciate in value while I wait. 😁

NO! Gonna need yours next month as I believe I'm in on the backorder until Spring group. My only gripe is I wish I'd been informed instead of believing I'd see a new bipod soon. But at least it will appreciate in value while I wait. 😁
I have two of them. You can use my old Gen 1 lol

Reactions: Jefe's Dope
My ckye pod shipped this morning!!! It said in stock when i ordered, ordered it and it said 8-12 weeks, now it shipped...two weeks later it shipped!

Might be because it's too early in the AM, are you saying yours shipped 2 weeks after ordering it?
Yup! Just got tracking notification this morning! They told me 8-12 weeks just a few days ago...sure made me happy because i would not have intentionally loaned them $600 for 3 months if i knew they were backordered when i placed my order! They said in stock when i ordered...im sure there will be some happy people today, as the sneaky backorder was not a big hit with alot of people...

Welcome to the world of popular gun accessories. Back orders don’t bother me. I waited 6 months or so for my Gen 2 Ckye pod due to warranty on a Gen 1. I was not angry. I was not hounding them for updates. They told me they would take care of me, and sure as shit they did. I bought another Gen 1 in the mean time and an atlas cal for another rifle.

Sierra Bullets canceled my order due to stocking issues after giving me a run around about shipping. I was more upset about them refunding me than the potential of not having the bullets for a while.

MDT is good people. If giving them 600 bucks for a back ordered item is going to cause lost sleep, I’m sure you can call them and cancel the order. It can surely be worse. You could be out a couple thousand dollars for a Q Honey Badger and wait forever for your order to be fulfilled. Or you could deal with a company that lacks any real customer service.

I ordered mine on the 2/19 and called them this afternoon. They told me the end of March...

Welcome to the world of popular gun accessories. Back orders don’t bother me. I waited 6 months or so for my Gen 2 Ckye pod due to warranty on a Gen 1. I was not angry. I was not hounding them for updates. They told me they would take care of me, and sure as shit they did. I bought another Gen 1 in the mean time and an atlas cal for another rifle.

Sierra Bullets canceled my order due to stocking issues after giving me a run around about shipping. I was more upset about them refunding me than the potential of not having the bullets for a while.

MDT is good people. If giving them 600 bucks for a back ordered item is going to cause lost sleep, I’m sure you can call them and cancel the order. It can surely be worse. You could be out a couple thousand dollars for a Q Honey Badger and wait forever for your order to be fulfilled. Or you could deal with a company that lacks any real customer service.
They are good people, agreed. I was bummed because i bought it for a new build that didnt have a bipod. It was available at oldballs the day i ordered from mdt...if they said it was backordered i could have gotten it from oldballs that day. Not loosing sleep, just like knowing where my hard earned money is going, what its getting me, and when...personally, i believe its bad business to sell things you dont have without at the very least letting the person know that if you give me money now, ill give you something in a month...

The CKYE heavy-duty model would require deficit spending. Me no carry any balance on any credit card...that is just bad credit juju. But if you got it, more power to ya, let us know how you like it.

Is the "Standard" model a good all-around model or would you go with the PRS length?
I have two prs legs. I can go taller if needed which is ideal. With the standard you’re stuck at that height.

Thanks Krob. I need to learn more about the bipod.
I went with the standard...it seems to me that the standard height, with the legs all the way out sideways will be low enough and more stable than the prs with legs in reg position, but will also be just tall enough for a really contorted sitting postition...hopefully, I could be wrong! I will post pics in Tue.

I'm sure if pressed you could get your money back.....but maybe not. Either way I'm sure @MDT_Josh will give updates on orders periodically.
Thanks for the tag, and you're right, we literally cannot make these things fast enough. Due to the overwhelming demand of some of our lines (ACC, Ckye-Pod, now the HNT-26, etc.) we have had to expand our machining and assembly capabilities extensively to accommodate the influx. I know that it sucks to hear and I will be the first one to agree with you that it's really tough to have stuff on back order, or worse yet, back order then customs! However, I promise you that we are working as fast as we can and as hard as we can to produce the quality product that you guys all expect from us and to provide you with the best possible customer service that we can.

We're not perfect, we're human too but we appreciate all of your support and understanding and I hope that we get you all your gear ASAP!

Josh

I know that it sucks to hear and I will be the first one to agree with you that it's really tough to have stuff on back order
It does not suck to hear. It's wonderful to see you grow. We'll wait. We're used to it by now. 🙃

*And that is a general reference to many things, not you specifically.

Reactions: MDT_Josh
Is the "Standard" model a good all-around model or would you go with the PRS length?

I have the PRS length, and now going to migrate to the Double-pull. I very very rarely ever used the PRS length at the lowest setting, and 95% of the time had it pulled out to the same height as the standard.

However, the Double-pull is also the same length as the Standard, and has the capability to go even taller, which is a really big advantage during field-style matches. I think there's more versatility with the Double-pull, but if you're only ever on a flat, square range, the PRS will be more than adequate.

Thanks! I switched from a PRS Short Gen 1 to the Gen2 Standard. Still getting used to the new height. There's definitely a lot less play in the legs.

I like that the stance pins are now not as loose and won't accidentally move. I've had it where I've been shooting and suddenly one of the legs adjust from normal to wide during a course of fire, probably recoil, shifting around etc. This one seems like it won't happen. Nice improvements. From the factory the tension for the cant was on pretty darn tight, had to get a tool to loosen it, but yeh it works, with just a standard grip I can lock it in well w/o any tools.
Any reason you switched from PRS/Short to Standard? Just trying to decide between the two versions. How do you like Standard now that youve had them both which one do you prefer?

Well my Gen 2 Ckye Pod showed up today! MDT got it to me in 2 days from the day I got the shipping notification to the day it showed up. A+ there! Turn around time from when I sent mine in to when it was received was somewhere around 5-6 months. I stopped counting, but they were very communicative about the delays so I had no qualms about the wait, especially when they informed me that they were going to release an updated gen 2 version of the Ckye pod and offered to upgrade me to it for free.

After it getting pushed back and pushed back I realized that they were looking for perfection so it wasn’t a big deal. I’d rather wait for something nice and finished rather than a half assed product pushed to meet deadlines. Needless to say, when I pulled it (along with the Christmas card and other little goodies) out of the box when I got home from work, just wow oh wow, it’s very nice! (insert Borat voice here).The new gen 2 is slightly longer than the old model which isn’t a bad thing imo.
View attachment 7499377

The new gen 2 is slightly longer than the old model which isn’t a bad thing imo.View attachment 7499379View attachment 7499380

I noticed right off the bat, the large knurled knob with a machined cross in it along with the four large holes bored through it. Can’t access it when the legs are folded up but very easy to access when the legs are folded out. This would be a tension knob for the cant adjustment. The holes are large enough to stick whatever odds and ends into it (not the t handle from my fixit sticks, but the long bit fit fine) and give enough leverage to lock up the cant. Locks up nice and tight and the ease of adjustment was good as well. The knob is machined very well and I’m pleased with it.View attachment 7499382View attachment 7499383

I also noticed that the finish appears to be different on the new version vs the old one. The old one is a lot less shiny whereas the new one is nice and shiny and a little slicker. It’s a nice look and I like it. It doesn’t show marks as easy as the old finish on the gen 1 if that matters to you.

Next up is the tool less panning lock out. Took me a second to figure it out but once I figured it out it was easy enough. The little lever in the up position locks out the panning feature and is very solid with minimal play. It takes a little bit of force to manipulate it but I think that’s going to be ok because you won’t have to worry about it coming unlocked by accident
. You can only lock the panning feature with the bipod parallel with the rail/barrel.View attachment 7499386View attachment 7499388

There is an Allen key that comes with the bipod to set the tension on the panning similar to the Gen 1. Or so it appears.

There will be more I’m sure as I’m not able to go to the range right now due to work but messing with it around the house, I like it and I feel it was worth the wait forsure. I am looking forward to getting it out to some matches and range time

View attachment 7499387

Thank you @MDT_OFFICIAL and @MDT_Josh for the Christmas card and the chamber flag and mag loader, and of course the new Ckye pod!! Means a lot guys! Please let me know if there’s anything I didn’t notice and that I should be aware of lol

Is it standard or PRS version?

Any reason you switched from PRS/Short to Standard? Just trying to decide between the two versions. How do you like Standard now that youve had them both which one do you prefer?

I realized that everytime I ran my bipod, I was always running it with 2 extensions out at my range at minimum, and never ran it collapsed. So I figure why not go longer, so if I need to go higher on some stages or go wider, then I have that additional length. The standard is a bit tall on the XLR Envy w/o a bag rider, but it works great for my ACC w/ a bag rider. I'm getting a bag rider for the XLR Envy which will let me run my Standard Ckye Pod in the default stance w/o it being too high.

Reactions: sergmartus
I realized that everytime I ran my bipod, I was always running it with 2 extensions out at my range at minimum, and never ran it collapsed. So I figure why not go longer, so if I need to go higher on some stages or go wider, then I have that additional length. The standard is a bit tall on the XLR Envy w/o a bag rider, but it works great for my ACC w/ a bag rider. I'm getting a bag rider for the XLR Envy which will let me run my Standard Ckye Pod in the default stance w/o it being too high.

Makes sense. Do you tend to run you bipod as wide as you can usually for bench/prone positions?

Does the Ckye use the traditional ADM 170/Arms 17 hole pattern ?
Can you buy the ckye without an adapter and used the arcalock clamp ?

Makes sense. Do you tend to run you bipod as wide as you can usually for bench/prone positions?

I usually always run it in default stance. Wide stance takes up too much horizontal profile that I don't always have so I just got used to always running it in standard. Wide stance is nice when you have the space for it.

No, it uses their own proprietary clamp. If you want to have a QD detach, buy it with the RRS adapter, and get an SC-LR clamp.

You can also use the Grayops adapter and mount the new RRS ARMs clamp. Works great.

You can also use the Grayops adapter and mount the new RRS ARMs clamp. Works great.

I was about to do that, does the ARMS stick out past the barricade stop? From the way I measured it on the grayops plate it looks like it juts out. The SC-LR with the RRS adapter doesn't jut out at all which is why I went that direction. I bought 2 ARMS-LR for my Atlas and the CkyePod, and decided to swap one to the SC-LR.

1615144341683.png

1615144396766.png

Maybe it does sit flush?

Wait begins. Bought a standard with the RSS mount, the RSS SC-LR and the Sawtooth ARCA made for the Grayboe Ridgeback. Should be all set once all the pieces arrive. Thanks to all for their input on the various sizes.

Reactions: MDT_Josh
Wait begins. Bought a standard with the RSS mount, the RSS SC-LR and the Sawtooth ARCA made for the Grayboe Ridgeback. Should be all set once all the pieces arrive. Thanks to all for their input on the various sizes.
Well, this is a very pleasant and BIG surprise. Ordered my bipod on Sunday afternoon and I got a tracking number on Tues. Glad it wasn't "8-12 weeks." Thanks MDT!

Last edited:
Reactions: Mausertech
Well, this is a very pleasant and BIG surprise. Ordered my bipod on Sunday afternoon and I got a tracking number on Tues. Glad it wasn't "8-12 weeks." Thanks MDT!
Must be nice 👍
They tricked me and a bunch of others into thinking they had shit in stock. I ordered 2/11 and nothing no email or any heads up.

I ordered mine on the February 23rd, then called after others said they were getting theirs early. MDT confirmed mine was going to ship at the end of March. Perhaps it's the difference in versions? I ordered an ARCA attachment head, left-handed (right-hand knob) standard length. Maybe the widgets on certain models take longer to source?

Must be nice 👍
They tricked me and a bunch of others into thinking they had shit in stock. I ordered 2/11 and nothing no email or any heads up.
Sorry to jump you in line. Betting it was one assembled with the RRS attachment mod. sitting without an order. Just pure luck on my part.

Curious what your order number was? Just so the rest of us can get a sense of how close we came to getting one. Maybe have a prize for who got the closest to the cutoff. :sneaky:

• Haha
Curious what your order number was? Just so the rest of us can get a sense of how close we came to getting one. Maybe have a prize for who got the closest to the cutoff. :sneaky:
Hi. Not really interested in whittling the baseball bat for others to beat MDT with. I ordered it on 7 March around midday. You know enough about my purchase already. I expected to wait 8-12 weeks as I have been watching this thread so went in eyes open. I STILL have ZERO idea what bipods are in the most demand. Are RRS versions less sought after? Was your order a standard size with RRS? If so, you probably would have mine heading your way if you bought it before I did. Have you called to see what models may be in stock and think about changing your order?
Also, MDT sells a ton of stuff, so why would an order number give you a feel on how close you were on the bipods?

Last edited:
Hi. Not really interested in whittling the baseball bat for others to beat MDT with. I ordered it on 7 March around midday. You know enough about my purchase already. I expected to wait 8-12 weeks as I have been watching this thread so went in eyes open. I STILL have ZERO idea what bipods are in the most demand. Are RRS versions less sought after? Was your order a standard size with RRS? If so, you probably would have mine heading your way if you bought it before I did. Have you called to see what models may be in stock and think about changing your order?
Also, MDT sells a ton of stuff, so why would an order number gives you a feel on how close you were on the bipods?

RRS versions mean you need to pay another $125 for a clamp. I ended up buying a normal ARCA version, but then wanted to get the RRS version so I can run a QD arca clamp.

RRS versions mean you need to pay another $125 for a clamp. I ended up buying a normal ARCA version, but then wanted to get the RRS version so I can run a QD arca clamp.
Yep. I read the MDT site closely and noted that. I then wrote RRS about the clamp and confirmed the SC-LR was what I needed and ordered that too. Again, I'd opine that may have made them less likely to be the first choice of others. Did you have to wait for your RRS version when you changed your mind?

Yep. I read the MDT site closely and noted that. I then wrote RRS about the clamp and confirmed the SC-LR was what I needed and ordered that too. Again, I'd opine that may have made them less likely to be the first choice of others. Did you have to wait for your RRS version when you changed your mind?

To clarify, the RRS head is in lower demand than than the ARCA and Picatinny heads, as a lot of shooters do not want to have to order the bipod and SC-LR clamp separately, which we understand. Also, the US and CAN warehouses are different, so stock levels may vary based on where in the world you are and what variants are in demand in your country!

Josh

Just want to say that i had a tiny hickup with my ckye that i wont even mention here...anything can have hickups, airliners fail...nothing but love for mdt. They responded in MINUTES, and did EVERYTHING in their power to help me, fix it, and have a bipod for my next match...i couldnt be HAPPIER with their customer service, and their drive to make the best product possible! Thank you good sirs at MDT!!!!! Ya got a customer for life!

Ordered a picatinny version from anarchy outdoors along with the RRS lever clamp and Gray Ops adapter. Everything is getting delivered tomorrow. Excited.