• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Welp...it is time...he isn’t even moving now...

SilentStalkr

Wonna Be Badass
Minuteman
  • Oct 8, 2012
    Somewhere in the US
    Guess we will he saying our final goodbyes tomorrow. Breath is shallow and he isn’t even hardly moving at all now. It’s time. Very sad. Had him for 14 years, way longer than most his size live. So, I am blessed to have had him this long. Just sucks 2 within 3 months, along with all the other shit that has gone on this year. It’s been a rough one. Thank you guys for your support, the ones I know and the ones I don’t know. It’s time for him to go see his buddy. My wife won’t even leave his side. Very sad.

I’m so sorry, brother. I feel your pain. It’s hard to lose your buddy, but thankfully, in the hour he needs you the most, you guys are there by his side. That’s the way it ought to be, as you know he would be by your side. Sending you guys a hug. I know how it feels and again, I join you in your sorrow. Take care, @SilentStalkr.

Its rough... I lost my German Shepherd in February. She was 13 yrs old. My Malinois took it pretty rough. No matter how much time we spent with the dogs after her death, the Malinois just couldn't get passed it. He slowly got worse and by May we had to put him down too. He was 13 as well and a momma's boy. GF took it pretty bad when he passed.

Now all that's left is our 11 yr old Siberian Husky. Still acts like she's got another 11 years in her left to go.

Sorry for your families loss.

Know that you are giving him comfort, and don't second guess yourself. They let you know when it is time. Sorry, bud....it will get better.

Reactions: SilentStalkr
    Its rough... I lost my German Shepherd in February. She was 13 yrs old. My Malinois took it pretty rough. No matter how much time we spent with the dogs after her death, the Malinois just couldn't get passed it. He slowly got worse and by May we had to put him down too. He was 13 as well and a momma's boy. GF took it pretty bad when he passed.

Now all that's left is our 11 yr old Siberian Husky. Still acts like she's got another 11 years in her left to go.

Sorry for your families loss.

Damn, three of my favorite breeds. You are a lucky guy. So sorry for your losses.

He will be waiting for you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.
    When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

^^^+1
    Breaks my heart man. I'm sorry for the pain you and your wife have to endure. Help each other through these terrible times. He would want that. Best wishes to you and yours.

1593001797785.png

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Author unknown...
    Thanks for that... im going to save it and share that with all of my retriever training partners. We all lose them way too soon, and this is a great way to wait to see them again!

I'm sorry for the loss of your great friend and family member!

My condolences to you and your family.

Having big dogs that are a part of the family goes that way, they don't live very long, but in that short time they tend to bond pretty hard with you and become an integral part of the family.

My condolences to you and your family.

Having big dogs that are a part of the family goes that way, they don't live very long, but in that short time they tend to bond pretty hard with you and become an integral part of the family.

Yes sir, it’s awfully quiet now. No greeting bark or tail wagging. Just an empty spot where their pens were.

Sucks ass! Wait a couple of weeks then go to the pound and find the most neglected mut they have. Take it home and turn it's and your life around. My condolences!

Went through this two months ago. Reading about The Rainbow Bridge is making me cry while I’m typing. All of you were there for me. SilentStalkr I wish you well. You have our prayers. My wife says “dogs are far better to us than most humans”. Good luck, strength be with you!

Sorry to hear brother. Go get a new companion and friend. They always bring great moments and friendship in life. Good luck to you brother.

I'm so sorry to hear. I've been through this myself or should I say I'm getting through it. I'm not going to say the pain will go away, because it won't. But know you are doing the right thing for your best friend.

Been through it way too many times. Dogs just don't live long enough.
    But it's how life is, friends come and go, family members pass in life just like friends. Doesn't mean you stop making friends or break off contact with family because they are eventually going to die. I got caught up into that way of thinking when I lost my best friend and a few other good friends on my last combat deployment. Can't live life that way brother.

He lived his life surrounded by those he loved and protected and who cared for him in turn. We should all be so lucky. My 3 year old Brittany is my constant companion. Couldn't ask for a better pup and I do my best to make everyday for him fun and energetic.

A wonderful image! The release we all must finally give to our pets is with great reluctance, and sorrow. As I said before, you are not alone! Take comfort knowing that you gave him a loving home. I will continue with sincere prayers to St. Francis on behalf of everyone who has had to say goodbye to their pet(s). May he guide and keep them safe. Now and forever.

Doesn't mean you stop making friends or break off contact with family because they are eventually going to die. Can't live life that way brother.

Yes sir. That outlook leads nowhere good........

Reactions: Jscb1b
    But it's how life is, friends come and go, family members pass in life just like friends. Doesn't mean you stop making friends or break off contact with family because they are eventually going to die. I got caught up into that way of thinking when I lost my best friend and a few other good friends on my last combat deployment. Can't live life that way brother.

Been there myself. Still sort of there. But you are right that’s a dark place to live. To try and cheer myself up I went and bought me several cases of .308 to go plink with. Will likely go to get my wife flowers or something tomorrow. Maybe it will help a bit.

He lived his life surrounded by those he loved and protected and who cared for him in turn. We should all be so lucky. My 3 year old Brittany is my constant companion. Couldn't ask for a better pup and I do my best to make everyday for him fun and energetic.

That’s the rub, you always wonder if you did enough! I know I wasn’t probably the best owner as I had kids late in life and with all that has gone on the last 5 years or so, have neglected spending as much time with my boys as I should have. But, I gave them a lot better than the alternative and I take comfort in that. We got 14 good years even, if I didn’t spend as much time with them as I should have.

Amen. I was just lamenting the short life span of dogs. I've been through many in my 73 years and have one sitting at my feet as I type and when he's gone I'll get another. I know what you mean, though, as I distanced from God, friends and family for a while after losing my Dad, little brother, oldest daughter and dog in less than two years. It was a miserable way to live and I'm glad it's behind me. Thanks for the reminder.

Amen. I was just lamenting the short life span of dogs. I've been through many in my 73 years and have one sitting at my feet as I type and when he's gone I'll get another. I know what you mean, though, as I distanced from God, friends and family for a while after losing my Dad, little brother, oldest daughter and dog in less than two years. It was a miserable way to live and I'm glad it's behind me. Thanks for the reminder.
    I did the same. I lost my dad in 2007, lost two good friends in Iraq and then a year later lost my best friend in Afghanistan while we were both deployed there along with some other good friends. I shunned god for a few years afterwards and turned to a bottle. Finally I got some help I needed and then got god back in my life.

I did the same. I lost my dad in 2007, lost two good friends in Iraq and then a year later lost my best friend in Afghanistan while we were both deployed there along with some other good friends. I shunned god for a few years afterwards and turned to a bottle. Finally I got some help I needed and then got god back in my life.

Glad you got help and are still with us brother! That’s one reason I love shooting, it’s like stress relief for me believe it or not. Sometimes it brings up bad memories but they quickly subside when I get in the zone and then it’s peace.

That’s the rub, you always wonder if you did enough! I know I wasn’t probably the best owner as I had kids late in life and with all that has gone on the last 5 years or so, have neglected spending as much time with my boys as I should have. But, I gave them a lot better than the alternative and I take comfort in that. We got 14 good years even, if I didn’t spend as much time with them as I should have.

Mate - you can never do enough for those you love - dogs, kids, etc. The fact that it matters and that you think about it means you did though. I doubt your pup was ever complaining...!

So sorry. Dogs are the best. We had to put our two down, both made it to 14. We waited almost a year and got these little guys from a shelter. They were kennel mates and we are glad we got them together.

Attachments

• 20170603_085850-1.jpg
      20170603_085850-1.jpg
      343.6 KB · Views: 20
    • 20171224_143505_resized.jpg
      20171224_143505_resized.jpg
      341.3 KB · Views: 22

Author unknown...

Robin Williams movie...

Reactions: Krtemt
    Sorry to hear that. My GSD passed away unexpectedly, certainly not the way I wanted her to go. It never gets old losing a four legged friend. Someone once told me that the worst thing to do in their memory is to not love another dog. They want you to be happy. It may not be a week, a month, or a year from now but one day you will find a new companion, and it will feel like they where sent to you.

This was in one of my clients office. Took the pic and it makes me feel good about the buddies I have had. Wishing you the best.View attachment 7358559
    Silent - This!

We love our dogs like no other and losing one is genuine emotional grief. The Wife and I were crushed after the unexpected lose of our first Lab of 15+ years and our first Great Dane, the house was empty as was our hearts. The search began 30 days after his passing and as luck would have it we found an exceptional Dane up for adoption and we were united 14 days later. 2.5 years later everyone is winning and our memories of our past most cherished friends remain as strong as ever.

Dogs are the gift that keep on giving to our soul in a way no human can. Life is far to short, even shorter without the unconditional companionship of our dogs. We do as much for them as they do for us, it's a win win relationship. 💞

I can't stand people but love animals. This totally sucks.

Just took both dogs to the vet today as one had a cyst form/start oozing out of nowhere on her underside and the other had an eye issue. Luckily, they were both nothing and the eye can actually be improved as its common for the breed and there's a method to strenghten it.

Everytime I take them in I pray nothing comes out of it. Meanwhile, I'd run over like 4 people on the way and wouldn't really care.