• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Went and shot my Roscoe build today!

wjwill

Off road Junkie
Minuteman
Supporter+
Nov 28, 2007
East KY and Georgia
First off, this rifle here just drives 168 amax rounds to 400 like it isn't nothing. I didn't walk out to snap pics of the steel because it was raining and muddy. Looking through the scope, the hits looked good enough for me and I am very pleased with the out come. But here are a couple pics of the rifle.

Another first class build by Roscoe!!!

Rem 700 S/A with no J-lock
Rock 24" M24 contour barrel, 1:11.25 twist
McMillan A4 USMC spec stock
Surgeon bottom metal
Badger knob
NF 20 MOA base and NF ultra rings
NXS 5.5x22x56 scope

250nps6.jpg

2jg5cbc.jpg

Re: Went and shot my Roscoe build today!

That is a fine looking rifle. Congrats on your purchase. Roscoe does make some fine looking and shooting sticks.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Trey Warren</div><div class="ubbcode-body">very nice, if you don't mind how much that set you back? </div></div>

To have the rifle built was around $2,800.00 and I think well invested money there. lol

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CAT5</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice rig WJW, look forward to seeing it here in June. </div></div>

Thanx brother, I am stoked right now with this rifle. If it wasn't dark outside, I would go shooting again.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Trey Warren</div><div class="ubbcode-body">was that $2800 with you including the parts or what</div></div>

I would say yes. Roscoe's gunsmithing isn't that expensive.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pete86</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice rifle mate. Whats hanging off your scope though, just interested?

Pete </div></div>

My 511 Tactical Field Ops Watch. It has a sure-shot calculator, compass, different time zone settings, etc. The reason it is on the rifle is that the band snapped off while i was offshore. Broke the watch it self on one side where the band connects to the watch. Now don't get me wrong, this is a bad ass watch. It lasted two years of being abused on rigs before it finally snapped where the band meets the watch itself. It has had contact with methanol, liquid mud of various types, emulsion breaker, once had to fish it out of paraffin, corrosion inhibitor, and it still runs strong today. Would have to say it is by far the best watch I owned to date.

Here is pic of the only problem after all the abuse.
2nregjt.jpg

34pfhno.jpg

Sounds like a bloody good watch mate, i can understand wanting to keep on using it. Shame about where it broke, hard to fix something like that. Don’t suppose you still have the little bit that broke off. "loctite" make this glue that i get from work, the shit will stick you fingers together that well you would need to cut them appart..lol. Works pretty good on this sort of thing too. Working in a power station has its benefits.

Pete

i know exactly whats its like to break your favourite watch!!!!! this makes me think there should be a "show us your favourite watch' thread, if there isnt already.

also lovin the new set up, very muchly mate

nice rifle, love the A4. try a dab of epoxy like JB Weld on the watch. let it set up firm and carve a new part there. let it cure then drill it. might work. is there only band attachment points on one side of it? can you hook it from the other side?

Great looking rifle. If I had the cash that would be my next build for sure.Good luck with the watch.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ADT</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What is J-Lock? And is it trued? </div></div>

A J-lock is a pain in the ass bolt safety. Sometimes it can lock and prevent the bolt from closing so you can't fire. And if you don't have tool to disengage it, you're screwed until you get one.

Thanx guys for the comments. I am in the process right now of deciding what Roscoe will build for me next. lol

It's about time you shot that thing. I figured the bore would have grown shut by now
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BMelton</div><div class="ubbcode-body">DAMN BRO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have got to shoot that thing </div></div>

You're still going to the shoot in texas? I'll have it there.

Man that is awesome! I have a Manners T4A with Manners dbm coming, and when I get a new barrel I am going to send it off to Roscoe. Once again, that is one good lookin rifle, congrats!

That is a fine looking rifle.

I am seeing more of Roscoe's work around these days.
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jawa</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Man that is awesome! I have a Manners T4A with Manners dbm coming, and when I get a new barrel I am going to send it off to Roscoe. Once again, that is one good lookin rifle, congrats! </div></div>

You won't regret it one bit.