• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Suppressors Went shooting Sunday .... Story

Zevdogs

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 5, 2010
Utah
Sunday I wanted to go shooting, and our local lake is flooded up into the cattle pastures which the local carp can't resist
 I grabbed my ruger 10/22  that I just finished a integral suppressor for and several 100 rounds.
After shooting for a while I went back to my truck to relode and noticed another truck ,didn't think anything of it and shot several more magazines at carp
When I was done I unloaded and set my firearms on the back seat, when I went to leave that other truck turned out to be a sheriff, and flipped on his lights.
 When I got out he asked if I was shooting carp and I said well I don't know if I hit any but I was out for them, which he replied was not legal he then asked me if my firearms wear suppressed
I said yes and that i made my suppressors and I had all my NFA paperwork with me 
 That's when I got a really great reply ... YOU DON'T NEED NFA APPROVAL FOR SUPPRESSORS IN UTAH (because of sb11 past last year)
I thought that was great !!!  After he checked my plates I  was let off with a warning 
WHAT A GREAT DAY TO LIVE IN UTAH

Re: Went shooting Sunday .... Story

Good stuff. However, I am waiting for the Federal test case on this law. When someone gets off in federal court for making suppressors without going through BATFE then I will believe it.

Josh

That's wild that you don't need the tax stamp in Utah.

But that doesn't mean the feds couldn't prosecute you under federal law.

It only means that the locals can't prosecute you under state law.

ATF is why I did my tax stamps and that's only because I take my suppressors to the gun shows and I know ATF is their

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Zevdogs</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

That's when I got a really great reply ... YOU DON'T NEED NFA APPROVAL FOR SUPPRESSORS IN UTAH (because of sb11 past last year)
I thought that was great !!!  After he checked my plates I  was let off with a warning 
WHAT A GREAT DAY TO LIVE IN UTAH 
</div></div>

Hmmmmmm..... Utah's only a couple hours away .......... I could commute

I wish they'd get to the bottom of these Firearms freedom act laws with all of the various states. Arizona still prohibits suppressors (without NFA paperwork) but supposedly we can build our own stuff, yet no one that I know of has really done anything with the Montana deal pending