• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up West Kentucy 3/9/2013 RockCastle Shoot Results

TiredWings

Private
Minuteman
Aug 17, 2010
Bowling Green, KY
Well, we had to deal with a last minute change of venue and ended up at RockCastle. I think the rates have changed for the better for now, but I was told we paid the same old rates. As long as you have a member shooting, everybody pays $25 to shoot. I can live with those prices. Ended up being HD1911, Boone3380, a guy whose name I forgot, and myself shooting. Had the place to ourselves and tons of time on target. The RockCastle targets they provide are not that great, and we were glad we brought our own steel. We had enough to go from 200 to 1100 all together. Everybody was on target at the start. I ran into a problem trying to remember if I zeroed at 100 or 200 yards and had to do some remedial shooting at 200 for awhile. Everybody else got out to 700 real fast, and ran into problems with the way the wind falls off the hill into the valley. The last big shoot with everybody had these same problems. When I finally got out to 700 I got lucky and rang out about 5 straight hits. I had been gently kidded about my re-zero, and got to get some payback there. Everybody got onto 800 a lot easier than 700. After 800 my AMAX 168's started going all over the place. John and the others ended up nailing the 900 and 1000 yard targets pretty well. Shot with a great bunch of people. Got to shoot some other guns. Found out my GAP FBI HRT is loud as hell if you are not behind the trigger. The Surefire break punishes the folks next to you. BTW< public apology here, sorry about the couple of times I didn't hear the Hold Fire comment, and fired when folks had hearing protection out. I blame being focused on target when they said it. It wont happen again since I got my bell rung when somebody fired my gun next to me when I had my hearing protection off;) It was a great time, look forward to shooting again real soon with everybody, and we invite anybody out that wants to join us in the future.

TiredWings/Shane

PS: Ive tried to load the photos but it keeps previewing them upsides down. I will try and fix if they come out this way.......

Attachments

• photo10.jpg
    photo10.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 23
  • photo11.jpg
    photo11.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 27
  • photo13.jpg
    photo13.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 22
  • photo15.jpg
    photo15.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 26
  • photo16.jpg
    photo16.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
and April 6th would be a good date for me on the next shoot. I think we can try to pick a date that is good for as many as we can. We won't be able to please everybody, but can try to make as many as we can happy.

TW/Shane

Looks like a good time! I'll put the 6th down in my calendar. Hope I can make it out for the next one.

Having now learned to triple check everything associated with these events, will rejoin RockCastle and confirm the date is available on Tuesday to make sure. I've learned my lessons.....mostly......

TiredWings

I would like to come as well. I've never shot at 1000. Its hard to find that much open distance over here. The farthest place I have is 750 and it has to be fairly dry to be able to get into it so needless to say I haven't been there in a while.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Having now learned to triple check everything associated with these events, will rejoin RockCastle and confirm the date is available on Tuesday to make sure. I've learned my lessons.....mostly......

TiredWings

I'm game for the 6th.