• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Western Decadence Incarnate

Re: Western Decadence Incarnate

Eating Leftovers as I type..... This is the best!

I hate this thread, it just makes my wifes taco bake seem like a waste of stomach space.....

IMG_20100903_190543.jpg

A week in Sonoma for my wife's 30th b-day. Bacon wrapped pork loin, with rosemary, dijon mustard, kosher salt and pepper. The round thing is a Caul fat wrapped pork sausage.

It's a good week so far.

This was mine a couple weeks ago.

Was too impatient to take an "after" photo!

The weave,
8-30-10016.jpg

The Rub,

8-30-10018.jpg

The rolled up Pork tenderloin,

8-30-10019.jpg

I just followed Switchblade's instruction to wrap her in foil and it came out great! Opened up the foil at the end to let the bacon crisp a bit. Other than that, my only regret was not taking a few more photos

This makes my dorm food seem exponentially less adequate than it already is.

Did you get a degree in underwater basket weaving?

That looks damned good

I had to revisit this thread last night for inspiration, as I was taking my oldest on his first hog hunt this morning. Nothing like a bacon-wrapped pork loin to inspire a young hunter.

This recipe does not disappoint.

Switch.. you haven't enlightened me on this yet. (Mither's US*1 Small Batch Bourbon) Now i have to get out hunting for a bottle.

Michters is an excellent American whiskey. It is made in bourbon soaked barrels and filtered. This kicks it out of the bourbon qualifications. Wonderful tastes of maple on the tongue. Damn good stuff

My latest attempt:

Freshly harvested wild turkey breast tenderloins, with the basket weave of bacon.

ef835bb7.jpg

I need and excuse to visit NOLA. What time is dinner?

Looks great.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Switchblade</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

102_4077.jpg

</div></div>

If you squint your eyes a little, this looks like those photos of chard parts left behind from the guys who decided to visit the land of 72 virgins.

Regardless, I would scarf it. Sounds good and all the inspired creations this thread lead to look great too.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Socalsheepdog</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Switchblade</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

102_4077.jpg

</div></div>

If you squint your eyes a little, this looks like those photos of chard parts left behind from the guys who decided to visit the land of 72 virgins.

Regardless, I would scarf it. Sounds good and all the inspired creations this thread lead to look great too. </div></div>

That sucker was good for dinner, and was gone the next day for some serious hash and eggs for a pair of scoundrals who hung out smoking cigars and bourbon the night before

I resemble that remark.
Damn good dinner and breakfast out of that hunk of steer.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RJW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I need and excuse to visit NOLA. What time is dinner?

Looks great. </div></div>

I missed your post. It didn't make it through the night, or I'd invite you down for leftovers. Next time, I'll leave you a place at the table.

I tried this tonight with two backstraps. 20 minutes on the grill had the venison done but bacon needed more time so I pulled the steaks, left 2 lbs of sugar-cured bacon on the grill. Poked some holes in the tinfoil and when that hot grease hit the fire, had an instant raging fire, perfect for frying bacon on the grill. Got it nice and dark. Made for an amazing meal that didnt last long.

Two football playin teenagers devoured most of it.

nom nom nom nom nom nom......

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: queequeg</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looks fantastic. Your lawn that is!
laugh.gif

The food too. </div></div>

Much thanks!! The food was great & the back yard lawn hosts the Weber well!!

panty six looked at me like i was nuckin futs when i completely wrapped my t-bones with pig backs, unfortunatly i didnt foil them, so bacon was good and well done when beefs were just barely rared, which is how i like them, but i prefer my bacons soft, cooked, but soft. so i am sorry to those i doth offend with my non crispy baconning

tonight/morning when i get off of work, i plan on steaks, spuds, rocky patel or cohibas, and some "fresh tennesee sippin juice"

My Elmer T. Lee ran short, so Amber Bock had to suffice.

QQ, I hope the NFL gets it right in time for this season. The Bucs Vs. Saints rivalry must prevail!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Switchblade</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice! </div></div>

Switch, the look of awe on my neighbor's 6 year old son when he spotted the bacon weave browning on the pit was priceless. I tip my hat, because you hold the patent...I've pleased many guests with that recipe of yours.

sot, for memorial day i had a bbq, a few friends, some of the guys that had to work wives, and we ate a LOT. a lot consisted of 5 pounds chicken breast, 2 pork loins (i think they were about 5 pounds), vegetable kabobs, beans and franks, slaw, tater salad, grilled corn, grill "sauteed" mushrooms, 2 hotdogs for one of the wives, chips, homemade bean dip, and salsas

and then WAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYY "too much" booze, if there is such thing. and then i capped it off with a rocky patel. twas a good night

How about bacon basket weave elk tenderloin & honey mustard BBQ deer tenderloin? A few cool refreshing beverages and a Saints game?

6d7da877.jpg

You guys are killing me, my cloresterol is going through the roof just reading this thread. Just got back from a Christmas party at work and wished we had a bacon rapped anything but no such luck.
But I am sitting here smoking a MAN O WAR Ruination rubusto and drinking a tumbler of Knob Creek on ice.

As GardDog had the good sense to resurrect this mouth-watering thread, here is my contribution:

I have taken a couple of pork loin roasts and done the bacon wrap thing. Not the fancy weaving of Switch, but utilitarian and functional. Put said loin in the oven at 225* until it hits 165*; remove immediately and let rest for 10 min before slicing. It is moist and DELICIOUS!