• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up Western MI

Kopfjäger

Private
Minuteman
Jan 22, 2013
NC
I'm new to western MI. Looking for some LR shooting places and people to shoot with.

There are some practical precision rifle shooters at South Kent Sportsmen's Club in Dorr.

There are some practical precision rifle shooters at South Kent Sportsmen's Club in Dorr.

Agreed, that's probably the longest range in W Michigan. Depending on where you're at and how long of a drive you wanna take, there is a new long range that opened up in Lake city which has a 1000yd + range on it.

West Mi here as well. I do take regular trips down to Southkent Sportsman Club. They have the longest range around besides MTC in lake city. Hear they are a good group of guys, just can justify the membership up there for the few times that I will go. It's about a 2 hiur drive for me and with my busy job and kids, damn near impossible to get away for the day.

West Mi here as well. I do take regular trips down to Southkent Sportsman Club. They have the longest range around besides MTC in lake city. Hear they are a good group of guys, just can justify the membership up there for the few times that I will go. It's about a 2 hiur drive for me and with my busy job and kids, damn near impossible to get away for the day.

that's exactly what I was thinking. I have my son every other weekend so I may not be able to get up there but once a month...if that. Can't see spending the $$ for as much as it costs. Wish they had a day pass.

that's exactly what I was thinking. I have my son every other weekend so I may not be able to get up there but once a month...if that. Can't see spending the $$ for as much as it costs. Wish they had a day pass.

From my understanding, when they have their "friendly fire" matches.....the public can pay to play. I've been wanting to get up there and check it out, but just can't find the time. They have diiferent classes and what not and I'm looking at twking a carbine course up there in the spring.

From my understanding, when they have their "friendly fire" matches.....the public can pay to play. I've been wanting to get up there and check it out, but just can't find the time. They have diiferent classes and what not and I'm looking at twking a carbine course up there in the spring.

That's sweet. A friend of mien as put on a few Sniper Courses for LEO as well as a few precision rifle courses up there. He said it's pretty badass! I'd really like to get up there but it probably wont happen until spring now.

I'm also fairly new to west MI and fairly new to the site....I shoot fenville right now but will venture over to Dorr co. Guy at bobs gun in Hastings filled me in

Western MI

That's sweet. A friend of mien as put on a few Sniper Courses for LEO as well as a few precision rifle courses up there. He said it's pretty badass! I'd really like to get up there but it probably wont happen until spring now.
MTC is difficult to use for range work or for a class unless you are permitted to stay off the hill and put up your own paper. But the facility is being used for F class matches.

Thought I would shovel the snow off of this thread and see if anyone is prepping for a new season...I moved down here to Battle Creek recently...some time back,we used to shoot some private land events over in the thumb and once in a while up by Mt Pleasant...it's nice to see there are still some options for longer ranges,though they sound a bit restricted...

There's much one can do on a 500m range if you want to practice positional shooting.

The metallic silhouette matches at South Kent are a good way to practice standing unsupported.

Time to dust this thread off again and see if there are any people will to get together to do a little shooting. I haven't re-up'd my membership at South Kent this year, butI will be again in January. I have a new rifle I need to do some load development on and need to get back behind the rifle again to bring the knowledge back to par. Been off for about 9 months, and looking to reenlist.

South Kent. 500m range. There's usually someone there on the weekends who frequents this site. Not me, though.

I have leased land with steel out 500-600 yards an hour North of GR, I need to trailer my gator out to a couple other leases to see what the max I can get is. I'm planning to do this when I get back from a bear hunt in Canada in two weeks. I have a new 20" 1:8 twist 300 Norma Mag barrel that should be waiting for me by the time I return; that I'm itching to stretch the legs on.

I have looked at a couple of power lines on google earth that look like they have some real potential for 1000k. Another that is out in Allendale that is 800 and fires right into a berm. This was found by a fellow shooter who works for Consumers but I have yet to personally scout any myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm all about getting out and scouting new land. My finger has been itching for a long time. I don't have anything to shoot at, I lost my spot in an old sand/gravel pit. I could reach out to about 650m, but some jack-wagons on quads ruined that for me. They decided it was a good idea to rip up the pit and have bonfires and leave all their trash their for the workers to clean up. I called the owner and basically he was like "the few wreck it for the many." I should pay those jack-wagons a visit......

I'm from West MI also, north of GR to be exact, if anyone has some private land and woud like some company shoot me a PM. I have access to about 425 yards but the neighbors have started to bitch about us shooting, normally we wouldn't care because we are 100% safe, but seeing how we are trying to buy their land we have to stay on good terms.

I'm in sw Michigan, and I'm a member at Young's long shot in wolcottville in. 1k range, you guys are always welcome to come along. Just pm me.

You can com as my guest but still have to pay a day fee, not sure, 25 or 30 bucks I think. Membership is 200 a year but worth it for what you get. MTC is a nice setup too but its up by Lake City and a bit of a drive for me, but discounts on classes would pay for itself.

I'm in sw Michigan, and I'm a member at Young's long shot in wolcottville in. 1k range, you guys are always welcome to come along. Just pm me.
Indiana guy here most of my life. Just recently moved to St. Joseph, MI (SW MI). Wolcottsville, IN (Youngs) and Lake City are the only 1000 yard ranges in the vicinity that I am aware of. I would love to get out to those but I am not sure if I can justify the drive and yearly member cost. I work in South Bend, so it wouldn't be too bad of a drive to Youngs for me. I am thinking of getting a membership in Coloma as well for shooting. They have a 300 yard range. I would be interested in meeting anyone from my area if they would like to shoot! PM me.

Good news fellow MI shooters, Grandpa might have a cherry spot lined up... A pal owns a few miles of flat farm land along the railroad tracks and said for me to have at it with the new .224

Stay tuned for pics etc I will try to go there for Xmas time

Red flannel gun club is in Cedar Springs MI they have 388yd range if that helps. 72.00 a year membership come and go as you please.

MTC is awesome had the pleasure shooting 1054 yrds so cool.

Red flannel has first weekend of every month open for guest and members