• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Wet medium

Rutter

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Nov 19, 2018
So I am very impressed on how well the wet stainless medium cleans. The brass looks like new. Problem number is that while using it on the Valkyrie brass all the damn pins are stuck in the case.

Any ideas on getting them out with out sitting here all day tapping them on the bench. Would be greatly appreciated.

I use a Lyman wet tumbler, but right after tumbling in the Lyman I dump it all into a Dillon media brass separator (any brand will work just fine) and spin it for a bit, all the pins come out and you can pick up any escaped pins with a good magnet. Rinse and repeat, works like a charm, Hope this helps

Reactions: Rutter
If you do not have a media separator, I'd put them back in the tumbler by themselves and tumble for 30 seconds, it that seems to help, run it just a little longer.

even after you get the stack out of the body, you will need to check the primer pocket and flash hole. I find an old dental pick works well and please please wear safety glasses some times they come out of their perch at high velocity. I get my dental pick rom (you guessed it) my dentist he throws them out when they get old. Just ask your dentist they are normally free.

I just switched to ultrasonic for this, and other reasons. I can't be inspecting every case like a peasant! :p

I guess we'll see if the brass even looks remotely as good. But I'm prepared for a reduction in performance.