• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Movie Theater Whale Wars

G

Seriously, WHAT THE FUCK?

An entire show dedicated to these fucking hippies who go out and harrass and interfere with whaling ships who are operating legally?

These assholes should be in jail, not on TV.

Re: Whale Wars

my thoughts exactly..how demented do you have to be to raise all this money and devote your life entirely to this stupid ass cause.

I agree on the Hippie thing.The problem is the Japanese and a few other countries like Spain are stripping the oceans bare.They are illegaly hunting those whales. They are exploiting a loop hole that is intended for research not consumption.They are doing the same thing to the Bluefin stocks which are nearing colapse levels.There's big bucks in these industries and alot of policy makers are well compensated for not enacting and enforcing sustainable limits.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shaggyback</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Seriously, WHAT THE FUCK?

An entire show dedicated to these fucking hippies who go out and harrass and interfere with whaling ships who are operating legally?

These assholes should be in jail, not on TV. </div></div>

Those ships are far from operating legally...

Now those fuck sticks on the hippie ship are just an accident waiting to happen. It's a miracle someone hasn't died yet, you just don't fuck around in those waters... It's only a matter of time, now that there are cameras around these attention whores, and they're feeling the need to take it up a notch.

Do tell, how are the whaling ships operating illegally? As I understand it, they are operating under legal loopholes, which may not be ethical, but arent illegal.

I don't propose to be some avid conservationist, or know much of shit about the laws pertaining to whaling, but I would bet that they're breaking the law in 2 ways.

1: They are exceeding the limits set of whales that can be killed for "research", but getting away with it b/c of the lack of checks and balances

More importantly....

2: Do you think those whales are being killed for research, and not being sold???? If so, how many dead whales do you need for "research"? What in the hell do they need to find out that the umpteen thousand whales they've taken to date hasn't told them? Fisher-Price, my first scientist....

I'll be watching, but just so I can see some drowned, scraggly, rat-looking hippies.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Krav69</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'll be watching, but just so I can see some drowned, scraggly, rat-looking hippies. </div></div>

+1

I was banned from their forums for telling them the same thing about 6 months ago.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shaggyback</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Do tell, how are the whaling ships operating illegally? As I understand it, they are operating under legal loopholes, which may not be ethical, but arent illegal. </div></div>

It is illegal to kill these whales for consumption and commercial ventures.The treaties allow a certain number to be harvested for reaserch only.Perhaps loophole was not the best word they are POACHERS period.Those hippies are a joke and will certainly screw up.I am no tree hugger but we learned alontg time ago there is a sustainable number of a given species you can harvest.They have a blatent disregard for this science and kill with no regard to the impact.

they look like a bunch of unorganized grabastic ass hats...i watched them last season try to evade a jap vessel that wwas following them, they spent all this time doing the ol E&E, finally they "attack" it by driving around it in their boat and wave....turns out the whole time they were just a distraction to keep them ocupied...hmm seems like it worked.
then i watched them try to fix thier hydaulic crane to launch the rib, took them forever to figure out how to swap out a hose.
comedy gold, i'm sure this year will be no different.

I don't care to watch the show because I have seen hippies before and I continue to see them on a regular basis, but I agree that the Japs don't give a fuck about maintaining a 'sustainable' species. I don't really care that much about the whales, but they are a large part of the ocean ecosystem. What I do care about is that these countries are continuously overfishing everything. I love fishies, both for sport and food, but they need to be regulated the same as our game is here in the states.

And I read an article a while back that if it isn't stopped or reversed soon that our oceans may become 'dead' before I am.

Regardless of who is right and wrong, the fact is that the Jap's are in fact doing it LEGALLY. If there is a problem with what they are doing, or their quotas, then it should be fought in a court of law. By bringing the fights to sea and endangering the lives of the fishermen, they might as well be labeled as terrorists. In other words, the harassment from the Sea Shepard is on the same playing fields of the Somali pirate attacks.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Marksman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Regardless of who is right and wrong, the fact is that the Jap's are in fact doing it LEGALLY. If there is a problem with what they are doing, or their quotas, then it should be fought in a court of law. By bringing the fights to sea and endangering the lives of the fishermen, they might as well be labeled as terrorists. In other words, the harassment from the Sea Shepard is on the same playing fields of the Somali pirate attacks. </div></div>
bingo

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Marksman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Regardless of who is right and wrong, the fact is that the Jap's are in fact doing it LEGALLY. If there is a problem with what they are doing, or their quotas, then it should be fought in a court of law. By bringing the fights to sea and endangering the lives of the fishermen, they might as well be labeled as terrorists. In other words, the harassment from the Sea Shepard is on the same playing fields of the Somali pirate attacks. </div></div>

Sir you are incorrect the Japanese are doing this for consumption and commerce not research.This is a direct violation of the regs.It in fact has been through the courts there is just no one who wishes to enforce the regulations.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dmg308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sir you are incorrect the Japanese are doing this for consumption and commerce not research.This is a direct violation of the regs.It in fact has been through the courts there is just no one who wishes to enforce the regulations.</div></div>

So if I see someone speeding on the highway I should be able to drive my truck into the side of them and force them off the road?

If your gonna try and jump on my ass atleast read my posts

"I agree on the Hippie thing"

"Those hippies are a joke and will certainly screw up."

"Like I said fuck the hippies "

I think I made it quite clear my opinion on those asshats.I never even remotely condoned what they were doing.I simply stated the why.

I'm all for protection of endangered species, but when hunting is legally protected, animal rights activists assume the status of pirates and terrorists. The fact that this stuff gets sponsorship on the tube is a testament to the inroads the greenies have achieved in our society. yes, they have a place, but being hawked as erstwhile saviors of the seas is pure hypocrisy. They're pirates, just one short step away from being terrorists and extortionists, pure and simple.

As for calling these folks hippies, Naaah. I was a hippy, briefly. Life was good and the lovin' was easy. It was all about peace, love, and understanding.

But people did, and still do, confuse hippies with antiwar counterculture freaks.

They kept hassling me to join Veterans Against the War. I finally get fed up, cut my hair, turned in my bell bottoms, found me a staight chick, got married, raised a kid, and merged into the silent majority.

The freakos went on to bigger, not better things; SLA, La Raza, and the Ecowacko culture. That's who's out in those boats, daring commercial hunters to turn them into martyrs. They treat their fallen like war heroes; when what they are is a bunch of disappointed wrongheaded suicidals, bent on death by misadventure.

The same applies to these shows as any others that prattle Utopian stupidity. When their sponsors' sales dip, they can't afford to fund this crap anymore. Make it so.

In such cases, telling the sponsors is counterproductive, they just keep funding the crap out of spite. They do it to bring their activities to people's attention, and the best way to treat them is to buy a competitor's product and leave them guessing. Even the terminally stupid eventually have to stop paying for hot air when their pockets go empty.

Greg

I watched this last night. First I watched a few episodes from last season. In one show they had a broken thumb and a fractured pelvis. They're idiots. The Captain acquired a green crew and took them to see. Then expected them to be competent deck hands on a ship at sea. Not gonna happen.

At least in the new season they have a real seafarer, I forgot her name but she was a SWO for 6 yrs.

Also, why the hell can't they use a dictionary? It's spelled Boatswain's Mate not Bosun. I hate stupid people, but at least in this show I can watch them hurt themselves.

Ditto Greg.

Also, expecting several cultures to turn away from whaling for food would be like expecting Texans to turn their backs on courageous loners.

Sperm and Right Whale populations, hunted to near extinction during the heyday of commercial whaling (for their oil), have recovered remarkably. I'm not certain the facts regarding Blues and Greys is any more accurate than most of the other drivel uttered by the leftards.

Another thing, the treaty that tells the Japanese, Norwegians, Inuits, et al, how much whale meat they may harvest is just as onerous as the looming treaty regulating private firearms ownership.

Thank God no one enforces the Whale treaty as yet as that would certainly provide the template for the private arms treaty enforcement as well.

Imagine the civil discord the lefties could gin up outside your house or favorite gun retailer. They wouldn't need any dramamine for that type of performance art.

Scrutiny and persuasion are the answer if you want to pressure a proud people into refraining from anachronistic habits.

Funny though how few people seem to care about the paucity of 2000 lb tuna in the oceans today... Or many other species of marine life.

I watched a few of those episodes last night because it looked pretty interesting. I saw what someone else stated that these fools are very disorganized. They were trying to launch their chase boats and looked like the Bad News Bears of mariners.

I saw the episode with the Capt. alledgedly being shot during the Stink Bomb toss and it is sad. I can't believe they compromise their integrity and lie about this sniper. They obviously know nothing about Sniping and the fact that a shot like that being made with that precision on those rough seas is next to impossible. Overall I thought the show was a joke.

watched the season 2 opener last night........I think they should have laid off the hoodies and beanies, and spent the money on fixing thier POS boat.

what the hippies are doing is considered an act of piracy. Boarding another ship in international waters and doing it without a reason is considered piracy. I think that the japs should start carrying guns and shoot every hippie that boards their boat. Do i agree with what the Japs are doing? NO. But given the recent events with piracy around somali, the japs have every right to defend themselves if someone were to board their ships. And they could probably get away with killing every hippie that hopped on to their boat. But the show is pure comedy

hell, all we gotta do now is dress up like "sea shepherds" and go around atacking people in int'l waters
laugh.gif

The part that pisses me off the most is that they named the ship the "Steve Irwin."

The guys are clowns, they have no experience and are a damn train wreck on the deck. I wouldn't put to sea with that crew, even for a day. Hell, they had crap for medical supplies, a commo officer whose real job was designing websites. I think the only professional their is the damn helicopter pilot and the SWO chick.

The rest are idiots.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: phantasm</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The part that pisses me off the most is that they named the ship the <span style="font-style: italic"><span style="font-weight: bold">"Steve Irwin."</span></span>... </div></div>

Yeah that makes my blood boil! That bloke was a legend, even though he was a tool!

The Australian Navy sent a ship to monitor the Japanese whaling ships apperently to gather evidence for legal action. That was last year and nothing else has been said about it recently...

Cheers,
TheLongShot

Saw it last night. Good comedy. I wouldn't go to sea with those buffoons for any amount of money.

As the episode concluded they were driving their ship (not an ice hull) into an ice field......

Oh, the horror...; the horror... (Closing line from <span style="font-style: italic">Bridge on the River Kwai</span>, uttered by James Donald, playing Major Clipton)

The carrying of defensive armament by merchantmen on the high seas is a breach of international maritime law...

Talk about the height of modern institutional stupidity! ("No, you're not allowed to defend yourselves with deadly force, that's what international law is there to do for you"... Right...).

Screw that, Mister Moto, we're all going full out, balls to the wall vigilante, and how do you like them apples...; huh?".

Time for change, alright; Dorothy...

Greg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Greg Langelius *</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Oh, the horror...; the horror... (Closing line from <span style="font-style: italic">Bridge on the River Kwai</span>, uttered by James Donald, playing Major Clipton) </div></div>

Greg,

You are confusing "Kwai" with "Apocalypse Now" or "The heart of Darkness!"

The line from Kwai is;

Madness...Madness

Yepyep, dassit! My bad, the mind's eye clearly envisions the "horror" line coming from the mouth of Brando, now that I more properly recall...

Nice catch, Q.

Greg

It's nothing; I say it all the time. Sometimes here
wink.gif
. Such expressions compensate somewhat for all the books I haven't read...

I look to you, 41, CKA, and several others, for mind bending alliterations, references and observations. Kind of like the way a bullet tracing through the atmosphere helps guide your next shot, some people provide the references that give others a veneer of erudition!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: queequeg</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
I look to you, 41, CKA, and several others, for mind bending alliterations, references and observations. </div></div>
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: queequeg</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Madness...Madness</div></div>

laugh.gif

PLease save the whales... I want to be able to hunt one with a .270 win one day.... I need them off the endangered species list first though!!!!! Come-on Blue-Whales!

I say we tell the French, they like to sink hippy ships. Just ask Green Peace. Nothing better then watching Snail Eating Surrender Monkeys picking on people that wont fight back. Hmmm, those kind of like watching Germany pick on France.

I say we feed the advertisers competitors kitties, don'saysh*t to the advertisers, hang in there, and root for the folks who can manage to conduct their lives without mounting massive PR campaigns to cram their own utopian bullsh*t down the throats of folks who hoe their own rows and don't need Belligerent Bozos crushing their noses into some Leftist Greenie Manifestos.

Some folks are just too stupid to waste the effort on...

Greg

Oh come on! it would be great to see peppy la puu put a limpet mine on the bottem of there tin can! Viva la Frog!

I took the time to watch the episode where they went into the ice. The ship's master, I'd hesitate to call that misanthropic Bozo a captain, fobbed off the guys who voiced reasonable concerns about the ice's visible effects on the hull by confining them to the compartment where the breach was most likely to occur, and continued steaming completely blissful as before. Irrational, irresponsible behavior worthy of not only the revocation of his papers, but imprisonment for grossly reckless endangerment.

Those idiots are being paid by the network to provide these episodes. That network has decided to air footage which is little more than glorification of suicidal and piratical behavior. The need to be sued by the parents of the next idiot who dies while emulating these episodes. That part shouldn't require much time at all.

That network needs some counselling from their viewers.

Greg

did you guys see the episode where they were trying to launch their "delta" boat and it was a total clusterfuck. ended up rolling it over and snapping the crane? im honestly surprised that nobody died...

and the captain pulling a "bullet" out of his vest saying "i think they shot at me?" IMHO if you were shot buddy you would KNOW it. more likely he caught a piece of metal from the exploding flashbangs the japanese were hurling at them...

to be fair i watched the delta boat mishap with some friends at the SCCC maritime academy who are self proclaimed hippies and marine conservationists. what was their response? "fucking hippies" priceless
smile.gif