• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What’s a good size case for labradar and it’s accessories?

filefish

Private
Minuteman
Apr 2, 2006
anaheim
I recently returned my Caldwell G2, only because the cheesy tripod that came with it was busted when it arrived. While it was an optical, I did like it for a few reasons:

* Everything fit in the included carry bag

* The inverted design and built in LED light source addressed many of the inherent problems associated with optical units.

*Even with the few kinks that need to be worked out like landscape operation, the Bluetooth iPad app was pretty awesome.

* Nice price ~$200

I’m not considering the magneto speed, don’t want to hook something to my barrel.

Then I look at the Labradar. The first thing I notice is the price. Holy tiddlywinks, that’s a lot of money. But the next thing I notice is that nothing has to be placed in front of the firing line. That’s a big plus. I shoot a lot at public ranges and I’m an idiot and can shoot my own equipment. This solves a lot of things. I also like how it will give velocities at various distances down range. There are a few things I don’t like about it:

* $45 carrying case... won’t hold the mini tripod?

* No Bluetooth Or WiFi? Have to use a not included SD card.. for that much money?

* Costs more than a Gen5 glock during COVID

If you have a Labradar, do you use their case or something like a pelican to store the SD card, battery pack and tripod together? As I mentioned before, I’m not that bright so if I can’t put it all in one container, I’ll show up at the range and be missing one thing... like batteries or the tripod and won’t be able to use it at all.

After a lot of research, the first 4 items I purchased to go with my LR were an ARKCO quad base, rechargeable power pack, Piet recoil sensing trigger and Pelican 1520 case. I got the LR when Brownells ran a site wide percent off sale and found a similar deal with free shipping on the Pelican. A couple hundred plus a little in additions - a less expensive version of the Pelican would also work fine.
Everything fits easily in the case. The ARKCO base is excellent (most that have seen it have ordered one), power pack is ultimately much cheaper than batteries and gets recharged about every 40 hours of actual use. Shooting with others, suppressed, or anytime, the Piet is 100% on recording shots. I've been completely happy with the setup and have had several LR users get the same after seeing mine. JMHO.

Edit: Yes, you provide an SD card. There is a LR app that BT's to your phone and it allows remote operation.

Reactions: filefish
After a lot of research, the first 4 items I purchased to go with my LR were an ARKCO quad base, rechargeable power pack, Piet recoil sensing trigger and Pelican 1520 case. I got the LR when Brownells ran a site wide percent off sale and found a similar deal with free shipping on the Pelican. A couple hundred plus a little in additions - a less expensive version of the Pelican would also work fine.
Everything fits easily in the case. The ARKCO base is excellent (most that have seen it have ordered one), power pack is ultimately much cheaper than batteries and gets recharged about every 40 hours of actual use. Shooting with others, suppressed, or anytime, the Piet is 100% on recording shots. I've been completely happy with the setup and have had several LR users get the same after seeing mine. JMHO.

Edit: Yes, you provide an SD card. There is a LR app that BT's to your phone and it allows remote operation.
Will the Piet recoil sensor work with pistols?

I have mine in a Nanuk 925

Attachments

• 72622E42-86CD-43E9-A762-7582C7A9FCE3.jpeg
    72622E42-86CD-43E9-A762-7582C7A9FCE3.jpeg
    855 KB · Views: 149
I use the Labradar soft case and put it and everything else into a small backpack. I use it every time I shoot and don't want to deal with a bigger hard case. I use a small tripod to mount it on and a USB battery.

I ended up finding this one on eBay for less than twice the price of the harbor freight unit.

I did go with the labradar tripod, their battery pack. And I bought a little 3D printed sighting device I hope 16GB is enough for the SD card because that’s what I got and I’m going to wait and see about the Piet but I’m fully prepared to get it.

I also bought a CE shot timer, just to see how bad I suck.

Old laptop case is perfect. The main unit fits perfectly in the padded computer compartment, the square base in the large accessory compartment, battery pack, cables, microphone, etc. go into the small accessory compartment. Case is from the days of 4x3 screens and it fits the LR as well as a custom-made thing. Newer 16x9 cases may not fi as perfectly but they're cheap and provide decent protection unless you like to throw equipment around to show how tough it is (and LRs aren't).

Laptop case is perfect for the LabRadar. Mine even fits the base. (Nice fish, huh?) the black bag to the upper right holds the external battery and all of its accessories. The green bag holds the swivel base attachment. Perfect for the LabRadar. And cheap....I didn't tell my wife that I'm using it.
5-FEBD11-F-5-C44-433-B-96-C7-870-F3-F509-E18.jpg

Reactions: cmoore806
Gotta ask... Does Nemo ride in a second pouch? Please tell me that’s NOT your rear bag....o_O

lol...no. But that laptop case even fits the LabRadar unit with the new aiming device.

My labradar is here! I had my after shooting nap, woke up and checked the tracking, It says that it had just been delivered 7:07pm at front door. I call my wife and excitedly ask: is it here yet is it here yet is it here!?! She says no, but looks into it and the cameras showed the mailman NOT get out of the truck at 7:15. She deduces that it had been delivered 8 minutes earlier to 1234 mystreet drive and wee live at 1234 mystreet circle. Grab my flashlight, walk down the block and there it is, I can see “MidwayUSA” box on their porch. It’s a very bizarre feeling stealing a package off a doorstep, even with my name on it.

My 10-year-old and I will be making an “ unboxing” video. He’s an aspiring World renowned YouTube unboxing video creator. Please take the time to watch, like and fallow him, and to make a child smile, comment on his video. 25-30 views in a week really makes his day.

Check out my son’s unboxing video of the labradar. I promise it is entertaining. Make his day and give him a view, bonus points for a like, comment or the holy grail of a subscribe!!!!!

Laptop case is perfect for the LabRadar.

Not quite what I use, but close. I've found that camera backpacks are far superior range bags than range bags are. And they usually include a nice front pouch for a laptop, which fits the Labradar quite nicely.