• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What’s the hardest part of precision Loading

Consistency in powder charge and neck tension, to me, are the most time consuming part.

sizing cases, bumping shoulders, seating bullets can all be dealt with very very consistently with the proper dies.

but to get powder charges consistent to the kernel takes either a lot of time or a very expensive powder management setup. And turning case necks consistently is annoying as fuck to. But getting these two factors spot on and consistent can have a huge impact on your handloads performance

If you have the proper tools and process.......none of it is hard. Anyone having issues is either using bad tools, bad process, or both.

Loading ammo is about the most over thought and misunderstood part of all this.

Drop your powder to the kernel, keep your neck tension/friction/seating pressure consistent, use good brass and bullets. And you’ll get consistently good numbers.

These are typical strings you can get just running a mandrel and spot checking neck ID with a pin gauge. Literally no “load development”. Just drop charges to the kernel. If you wanted to, you could do powder tests and decrease the ES a bit.
THIS RIGHT HERE^^^!!! reloading is only as hard as you make it...personally i think the #1 hardest thing is to not become OCD and over thinking everything....i load on a dillon 750 and have won matches loading on the dillon using the dillon powder throw with 35fps ESs.
i do not get caught up in the numbers so much anymore all that matters is what happens down range.

All depends what the end results you are looking for. Most of my competition loads are .5 moa or under. Sd is low and i don't chase the unobtainable never ending perfect load.

Reactions: 47guy
If you have the proper tools and process.......none of it is hard. Anyone having issues is either using bad tools, bad process, or both.

Drop your powder to the kernel, keep your neck tension/friction/seating pressure consistent, use good brass and bullets. And you’ll get consistently good numbers.

These are typical strings you can get just running a mandrel and spot checking neck ID with a pin gauge. Literally no “load development”. Just drop charges to the kernel. If you wanted to, you could do powder tests and decrease the ES a bit.
.308 CBC brass on about its 7th reload w/ V43.5 from a small Hornady scale and hand trickler. Sized w/ Hornady dies and spray lube. 210M primers. No extensive cleaning, weighing brass or neck tension routines. I don’t even clean primer pockets routinely if the hole is open. Not saying all the extra steps aren’t important in some circumstances or if you’re super OCD and need that to get off but I just do what works for my guns. These pics were a random day shooting recently to recheck velocities on this brass I’ve reloaded a lot. Even a shorter BTO than I usually use. This is out of a Savage APO I got for $600 on clearance.
CD709116-1E30-4FF9-9AE4-0A931471DCA4.jpeg1C20F19D-21F8-47F7-A8F1-8C38078C5543.png

No doubt we create our own issues most of the time. I find it easier just to quit reading the new wave of techniques or gear.

The hardest thing for me is simply time and organization. When I'm short on time which is quite a bit, I tend to be hasty with setting and putting things away. This just makes it worse later as it takes longer again to get set up.

I am working on organizing my things currently and haven't loaded much to mitigate this.

The hardest thing for me is simply time and organization. When I'm short on time which is quite a bit, I tend to be hasty with setting and putting things away. This just makes it worse later as it takes longer again to get set up.

I am working on organizing my things currently and haven't loaded much to mitigate this.
Post it notes and storage bags or containers go a long ways in keeping track. I tried storage bins for a couple yrs, big mistake for me, try picking 100 XC cases out the 6x47 lapua stash. With labeled lids and boxes, I have to fail to comprehend twice to screw up, lol

• Haha