• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What’s with the .gov fetish

lol, i am a fucking poor and even i am sick of folks worrying about how or why others spend their own fucking money,

i have a .gov rifle and .gov handguns. so fucking what? what is it to you?
i bet my shit is better, lol.

As long as the owner is happy, who cares?
I've seen some rat arsed, ex army, piece of shit rifles, but the HUGE smile on the owners face is a sight to behold.
Make do with what you have, and be happy.

As long as the owner is happy, who cares?
I've seen some rat arsed, ex army, piece of shit rifles, but the HUGE smile on the owners face is a sight to behold.
Make do with what you have, and be happy.
i swear, some people just have to beat down others in order to elevate their own self image.
same with the brand fans....i got this and your shit sucks. what's the point? it is beyond advice.

maybe my rifle isn't "worth the price", but every grin i see when i let somebody shoot it pays some of that back.

Which is why I asked the question....
you didn't bother with the "8 second google" search because if you did, this is #1 result...
And it rebuts your analysis point blank ... I'll let you read it for youreslf 🤠

lol, i am a fucking poor and even i am sick of folks worrying about how or why others spend their own fucking money,

i have a .gov rifle and .gov handguns. so fucking what? what is it to you?
i bet my shit is better, lol.

I think you misunderstand, I really don’t care what you do, my quandary was more as to why what the gov (see the lady at the DMV) does is held to a super high regard.

I think you misunderstand, I really don’t care what you do, my quandary was more as to why what the gov (see the lady at the DMV) does is held to a super high regard.
oh, beats the hell out of me, but perhaps that isn't the reason people buy government issued firearms.

Whenever someone says “oh well government” this or that, I just remind them they are basically talking about the lady at the DMV, just with a different logo on her shirt.
and who the fuck says "oh well government" here (or anywhere).

you are probably too young to remember when the fda was letting doctors give toxic amounts of azt to aids patients, basically killing them, while they went to court to prevent people from trying things that actually helped.
and they are doing it again...

no, the government is one big fuck up...

but that doesn't mean they can't count how many rounds a gun fires before it breaks, or how often it fails to feed, fire or eject.

and who the fuck says "oh well government" here (or anywhere).

you are probably too young to remember when the fda was letting doctors give toxic amounts of azt to aids patients, basically killing them, while they went to court to prevent people from trying things that actually helped.
and they are doing it again...

no, the government is one big fuck up...

but that doesn't mean they can't count how many rounds a gun fires before it breaks, or how often it fails to feed, fire or eject.

Lots of people, go a few pages on any gun site and you’ll see sometime about “but it’s mil issue” or something, or why is the mil using XYZ

I’m not saying it’s good or bad, just a interesting standard folks use

Whenever someone says “oh well government” this or that, I just remind them they are basically talking about the lady at the DMV, just with a different logo on her shirt.

Hi,

That might be the dumbest thing on the internet today.

Please list your military experience, manufacturers T&E experience, defense acquisition experience, contractual T&E experience, etc etc.

You clearly have not only no idea as to the knowledge of military acquisition departments but have zero experience in testing firearms for real world utilization.

Just because the mil contracts might go to companies with a "lesser" product...the guys doing to testing and writing the testing programs damn sure knows more than you or any dmv lady.

Sincerely,
Theis

Reactions: ma smith
Hi,

Please list your military experience, manufacturers T&E experience, defense acquisition experience, contractual T&E experience, etc etc.

You clearly have not only no idea as to the knowledge of military acquisition departments but have zero experience in testing firearms for real world utilization.

Just because the mil contracts might go to companies with a "lesser" product...the guys doing to testing and writing the testing programs damn sure knows more than you or any dmv lady.

Sincerely,
Theis

I appear to have deeply offended you somehow, apologies.

In my life experience gov has been more of a disappointment than a pleasant surprise many times, perhaps your life situation has been different, wish I had a better experience with all the gov I deal with, in more and more things each day.

With all the blunders and bloat I often scratch my head as why people look to mil/PD/etc thinking they are going to be a good standard.

Hi,

So no experience whatsoever then right?

Sincerely,
Theis

TONS of experience with gov model products and how and what they spend money buying.

Is your argument just based on some theory of if I don’t work for the government I must be wrong??

Hi,

Not all based on that.

Revert back to my original post and line out said experiences.

Sincerely,
Theis

What do those “experiences” have to do with anything?

If I worked in procurement would I all of a sudden see beauty in some of the junk .gov buys? Like loving a ugly expensive abstract painting after hearing “the story” behind it?

Last edited:
What do those “experiences” have to do with anything?

If I worked in procurement would I all of a sudden see beauty in some of the junk .gov buys? Like loving a ugly expensive abstract painting after hearing “the story” behind it?
5FAAA249-E9AA-4332-BFAB-2DAC6C93EB93.jpeg

you didn't bother with the "8 second google" search because if you did, this is #1 result...
And it rebuts your analysis point blank ... I'll let you read it for youreslf 🤠
It specifically talks about it's armor penetrating qualities, while also saying it isn't armor piercing. Calling something AP is almost a joke - it's not armor piercing, it just has a penetrator so it can better pierce barriers such as body armor. Right...

Also I don't use Google as a search engine anymore due to their nasty habits, thanks for the link, I provided the best one I found without killing time.

It specifically talks about it's armor penetrating qualities, while also saying it isn't armor piercing. Calling something AP is almost a joke - it's not armor piercing, it just has a penetrator so it can better pierce barriers such as body armor. Right...

Also I don't use Google as a search engine anymore due to their nasty habits, thanks for the link, I provided the best one I found without killing time.
The round is classified as EPR not AP. In other words, 855a1 is classified the same as 855 (green tip).

For your next head explosion, you can argue "muh hollow points" in BTHP construction being the stuff of war criminals .:rolleyes:

TLDR move along.

Last edited:
I was gonna just pass this thread by, but........what the hell! I think it is mostly, that people know that DoD has a test & eval. of weapons that they must pass. It includes but is not limited to, more ammunition, and shit conditions than most people can buy, or are willing to go out and subject themselves to. The Gov. has already done that for you.........so there!
Disclamer: I have no experience in any of those things Theis mentioned, I was just an end user of the results of all that shit.

Reactions: theLBC
Answer what?
Hi,

Sincerely,
Theis