• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

PRS Talk What’s your 2021 setup/s?

Mathews VXR 31.5 @ 65# 31" draw
Gas ghost strings
Ultra View UV2 scope, drilled .019 2x lens w/ green fiber
trophy taker smackdown pro click rest
TruBall blade thumb release
black eagle rampage shafts, blazer 2" vanes, 3 @ 1* offset
gold tip ez out field points, 125gr
G5 deatmeat, Sevr 2.0, and Slick Trick magnum broad heads, 125gr

Bighorn TL3
a bunch of 6CM 26" 1/7.5" M24 Green Mountain spun by Keystone Accuracy
Bix n Andy Tac sport pro 2 stage flat shoe
Manners PRS TCS
Insite Arms Heathen 5p and Aaron Hipp ATS
ZCO 527 MPCT1 in Spuhr Isms
MKM bells and whistles

Reactions: RBERGER82
Primary:
Stiller Wraith in 6 creed
Proof 26" tube with a Hellfire 4 port brake
TT Special set to 1.1
XLR Element Chassis
Accutac bipod
Burris XTR II 5-25

Backup:
Bergara HMR 6.5 Creed
Insite 3 port brake
TT Special also set to 1.1
Accutac bipod
Scope still up in the air

Tac Class -
FN SPR A5M
Gunwerks 8ight
Stock trigger
Accutac bipod
Bushnell Nitro 5-20

Reactions: giumau1
Terminus Zeus
Ks arms 25 creed 1:7 twist
Krg whiskey 3 gen 6
Tt diamond
Heathen brake.
Razor gen 2
131’s @ 2890fps

Kelbly atlas tac
Bartlein 6 creed 1:7.5 twist
Mpa comp
Tt diamond
Heathen
Nxs
105’s @ 3130fps

Bighorn tl3
Benchmark 223
Manners prs1t mini chassis
Tt diamond

Vudoo v22 20” mtu
Tt diamond
Krg bravo
Sk rifle match and Lapua Center x

Defiance deviant
Hell’s canyon armoury 1:9.5 twist
Manners elite t5a mini chassis
Tt special
300 Norma mag

KS SAR 3 lug
Benchmark 1:10 twist 20 tactical
McMillan htg adj
Hawkins precision
Trigger tech diamond

Stiller tac 30
Benchmark 260 rem 1:8 twist
McMillan a5
Ptg bottom metal
Jewel trigger

Last edited:
@Dthomas3523. What's your initial impressions on the mpa matrix compared to the Centurion? What mags do you run with the Centurion and lone peak? I've been having feeding issues with my gt running arc and mdt mags

@Dthomas3523. What's your initial impressions on the mpa matrix compared to the Centurion? What mags do you run with the Centurion and lone peak? I've been having feeding issues with my gt running arc and mdt mags

Matrix is obviously more customizable/tunable. So, unless the foundation fits you and your shooting style perfectly, you might run the matrix a bit better once tuned. I feel like my scores are a bit better with matrix. Not a knock on foundation. It’s still in the rotation as I really like it.

I run aw mags with the Hawkins long action mag catch. Hardly every any feeding issues.

Reactions: sleeplz
Wondering how many people will be shooting matches in 2021 if they can't get reloading components, specifically small rifle primers, some powders, etc? I just had another 6 BRA with extra barrel built. I have enough components to get me through a full season with the BRA and 6.5x47, after that who knows? With the lack of Retumbo, and what I have on hand, one or two more ELR matches, and that's it.

6 BRA
Defiance Rebel
Xtreme Mod 22 Trigger
Bartlein 5R M24 contour, 7.5 twist at 26.5"
Lil Bastard brake, or Silencer Tech can.
McMillan A5 with Badger M5
Schmidt Bender 5-25 with MSR reticle in a Near Alpha Mount.
Atlas PSR Bipod
Shooting Sierra 110-gr Match King's.
Built by MCR

6.5x47L
Defiance Rebel
Xtreme Mod 22 Trigger
Bartlein 5R M24 contour, 8 twist at 25"
Atlas PSR Bipod
Shooting Berger 140-gr Hybrids.
Built by Beanland

Last edited:
Wondering how many people will be shooting matches in 2021 if they can't get reloading components, specifically small rifle primers, some powders, etc? I just had another 6 BRA with extra barrel built. I have enough components to get me through a full season with the BRA and 6.5x47, after that who knows. With the lack of Retumbo, and what I have on hand, one or two more ELR matches, and that's it.
This right here is why my match guns are a 6 creed and a 6.5 creed. With some searching even in my home valley, I can get a match load of ammo put together!!

As of now:

JHR action (nuke)
27" MTU Rock Creek in 6 Dasher
105 hybrids/95 SMK's/95 Seneca solids
MDT ACC
TT special
Vortex GenII EBR-7C
PVA Shockwave and Jet4 brakes. Haven't decided on which.

AI AT
26" Rock Creek heavy palma in .25 CM
131 Black Jack Ace's/ 120gr Seneca Solids
Accuracy Obsession Chassis
AI comp trigger
Vortex GenII EBR-7C
PVA Shockwave

Possibility pending on a couple things:

Same setup as the JHR, but with a Curtis Valor. Its a big maybe at this point.

Wondering how many people will be shooting matches in 2021 if they can't get reloading components, specifically small rifle primers, some powders, etc? I just had another 6 BRA with extra barrel built. I have enough components to get me through a full season with the BRA and 6.5x47, after that who knows? With the lack of Retumbo, and what I have on hand, one or two more ELR matches, and that's it.

6 BRA
Defiance Rebel
Xtreme Mod 22 Trigger
Bartlein 5R M24 contour, 7.5 twist at 26.5"
Atlas PSR Bipod
Shooting Sierra 110-gr Match King's.
Built by MCR

6.5x47L
Defiance Rebel
Xtreme Mod 22 Trigger
Bartlein 5R M24 contour, 8 twist at 25"
Atlas PSR Bipod
Shooting Berger 140-gr Hybrids.
Built by Beanland

Check out VV n570. Might work for elr stuff.

And ya, that’s why I have a 6cm barrel as well. I have plenty components for a year or two. But who knows how long this will last

I’m buying 100k primers as soon as this supply issue goes away. Whenever that may be.

Reactions: BLKWLFK9
Matrix is obviously more customizable/tunable. So, unless the foundation fits you and your shooting style perfectly, you might run the matrix a bit better once tuned. I feel like my scores are a bit better with matrix. Not a knock on foundation. It’s still in the rotation as I really like it.

I run aw mags with the Hawkins long action mag catch. Hardly every any feeding issues.
Is a mag block insert needed for matrix/lone peak and aw mags?

Lone Peak Fuzion
Bartlein extended life barrel. Don’t remember what they are calling it. 1.250 no taper
6 Dasher with alpha ocd brass
We chambered the barrel using new alpha legacy reamer
Hornady A Tips
Manners TCS
Insite heathen 5 port
Bix n Andy tac sport pro two stage
Ckye pod
Either a Tangent Theta in an MPA mount or a ZCO with MPCT 3 in ZCO rings. Which ever I don’t go with will be on the trainer.

Getting rid of spuhr mounts for this year.

Lone Peak Fuzion
Bartlein extended life barrel. Don’t remember what they are calling it. 1.250 no taper
6 Dasher with alpha ocd brass
We chambered the barrel using new alpha legacy reamer
Hornady A Tips
Manners TCS
Insite heathen 5 port
Bix n Andy tac sport pro two stage
Ckye pod
Either a Tangent Theta in an MPA mount or a ZCO with MPCT 3 in ZCO rings. Which ever I don’t go with will be on the trainer.

Getting rid of spuhr mounts for this year.
Why getting rid of spurs? Any photos of the setup?

I’m not a fan of how close the rings are to the erector housing. If heard of a few people having some issues with some high end scopes and they all run spuhr mounts. It could be nothing to do with the mount at all but I’m just going to give it a try. This is the way I ran the rifle this year different barrel and break
AA2DA29C-CB74-452A-991D-DA5CD57DE147.jpeg

Curtis valor
Mpa ba comp
TT Diamond
TT scope
6 cm
bartlein barrel
Aw mag

Reactions: BLKWLFK9
Not as fancy as most here with backup rifles, trainer's etc. AI AX, 6.5 CM, Benchmark Heavy Palma 26" bbl, Razor Gen 2 4.5-27 and Atlas bipod. Practice with same rifle and change barrel to .308 Win which is a 26" Krieger HP. Both barrels have Impact Precision brakes.

Last edited:
Mostly everything stays the same in the core. Just accessory and detail changes. I switched out the Picatinny rail under the fore end with an ARCA rail and switched out the Accu-Tac PC-5 bipod for the Accu-Tac FC-4 with claws over spikes instead of plain spikes. Also added a folding stock adapter and an Eberlestock backpack to make the hike suck less. The 6XC barrels stay for now but for 2022 I'm almost certainly going back to .243AI. Also debating ditching the DTACs and going back to ELD-M's but we'll see.

I was about to order a 6 GT barrel and form my own brass for LRP since I've got 2500 and 700ish SRP. After talking to Tim at Solid Accuracy, I decided to go with the 6XC, since you can get LRP brass without having to do a bunch of forming, cutting, and reaming donuts. Post 2021 season, if I don't see any primers around, I guess I'll just be hosed. Here's to hoping that manufacturer backlogs get unclogged and we see primers at the end of 2021...

My setup for the season:
  • Tikka T3 with sterk bolt handle, MT trigger spring, Nightforce 20 MOA rail
  • KRG W3 Folding with Spigot and Arca rail
  • Spuhr Mount
  • Maven RS.4 with an Athlon Ares ETR as a backup
  • Harris S with a podlock
  • Wiebad fortune cookie
  • Criterion shouldered 6XC / 6.5 Timberwolf and .223 when I run out of Varget and need to dig into the 8208 XBR
  • Area 419 Sidewinder
Planning to shoot the Sierra 107s. Tim at Solid Accuracy swears by them over varget in the XC, and offered to do the load dev on my barrel once he fits it to my action, so... How could I refuse?

Bighorn TL3
Proof 6 Dasher prefit
APA LB gen3
TT Diamond
Foundation Centurion
Athlon Cronus BTR
MPA BA mount

nothing fancy. Gets the job done.

Bighorn TL3
SAC built Bartlein 1-8 6.5 creed 24"
Geissele two stage super 700 ( going triggertech two stage)
Kahles k318i skmr3 (spuhr mount)
MDT ckye pod (prs model)
MDT aics mags
KRG whiskey3 gen 6 w/ enclosed forend and arca rail
SiCo Saker 762 with area 419 adapter.

Pushing 140 ELD's at 2765fps avg
Alpha brass
H4350 @40.2g
CCI 200
2.248" BTO .060" jump
6.5 2021.jpg
group 1.jpg

So, what is everyone planning on running for 2021 season?

My lineup:

Lone Peak Fuzion - MPA Matrix - Diamond Single Stage - ZCO 527 mpct3 - 6x47

Lone Peak Fuzion - Foundation Centurion- Diamond Single Stage - Schmidt H2CMR - 6 dasher

Accuracy Int’l - Accuracy Obsession Chassis - tuned AI factory trigger - ZCO 527 mpct3 - 6bra

Will be running berger 109’s unless I dabble with 108’s. Varget and maybe VV n150. Lapua and Peterson brass. Also want to compare the 6x47, dasher, and 6bra. Mainly in the recoil dept to finalize my thoughts on that as recoil is really what this game is about.

I may swap diamond 2 stage out here and there. But I run the single better on faster/harder stages. I like the 2 stage for training as you have no choice but to stay engaged with trigger.

Running APA Fat Bastard and Insite Heathen 5 port brakes.

So, what’s your setup looking like? Anything you’re looking to try this season?
Impact 737, MPA Comp, Diamond Ingle Stage, ZCO 527 mpct 2 or 3. Hornady Match 6.5 Creed 140 ELDs. Picking up parts as I can.

I am currently building my first custom (ran 2 seasons locally with an RPR)

Tuebor Precision Legion action
Huber Concepts trigger
Rock Creek 24" M24 in 6mm Creedmoor
Grayboe Ridgeback and bottom metal
Thunder Beast Ultra 9
Schmidt 7 Bender PMII
Harris bipod (planning on upgrading early next season)

Looks to start PRS this year! Aiming for a few local and one 2-day match that's close to me.

Poors build:
Rem700 5R 24" 6.5 Creedmoor
Timney 510
HMR stock and DBM
Tract Toric 4-20
DeadAir SandmanK
Harris Bipod podloc
PIG 0311-G with RRS TA-2U
Prime 130gr Ammo

49466419458_66e92a85f4_c.jpg

Last edited:
Impact 737r
Bartlein 26" M24 6.5CM
TT Diamond Flat shoe
MPA BA
MDT mags
Area 419 Hellfire
ATACR 5-25
TRUMP 2020 Accutac or CAL
140 ELDM/Peterson

Reactions: rancher5
So, what is everyone planning on running for 2021 season?

My lineup:

Lone Peak Fuzion - MPA Matrix - Diamond Single Stage - ZCO 527 mpct3 - 6x47

Lone Peak Fuzion - Foundation Centurion- Diamond Single Stage - Schmidt H2CMR - 6 dasher

Accuracy Int’l - Accuracy Obsession Chassis - tuned AI factory trigger - ZCO 527 mpct3 - 6bra

Will be running berger 109’s unless I dabble with 108’s. Varget and maybe VV n150. Lapua and Peterson brass. Also want to compare the 6x47, dasher, and 6bra. Mainly in the recoil dept to finalize my thoughts on that as recoil is really what this game is about.

I may swap diamond 2 stage out here and there. But I run the single better on faster/harder stages. I like the 2 stage for training as you have no choice but to stay engaged with trigger.

Running APA Fat Bastard and Insite Heathen 5 port brakes.

So, what’s your setup looking like? Anything you’re looking to try this season?

who done your bra barrel?

Bighorn TL3 Short action
Bartlein M24 26" 6 Dasher
MPA Competition Chassis
Kahles K624i SKMR3
Trigger Tech
Atlas Bipod

Kelby Atlas Short Action
Hawk Hill 26" 6.5x47
MPA Competition Chassis
Kahles K624i
Trigger Tech
Atlas Bipod

Honestly, if I had to grab one and go, I'd grab my AR15. It's built to run hard and heavy and it's so solid. But... since you asked, here my newest build.

Matrix lower receiver (which I like a lot)
Lancer Carbon Rail
BSF carbon 18.5" barrel
CMC single stage trigger
JP Bolt and Carrier
Seeking Adjustable Block
Fab Defense GL stock (which I run on all my AR guns)
Vortex PSTgen 2 FFP 5-25x50

It's not the most expensive build around or anything, but she's a shooter...

Attachments

• IMG_20201029_1925568.jpg
    IMG_20201029_1925568.jpg
    461 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_20201029_1924489.jpg
    IMG_20201029_1924489.jpg
    300.4 KB · Views: 64
Reactions: Phatcow
Looks to start PRS this year! Aiming for a few local and one 2-day match that's close to me.

Poors build:
Rem700 5R 24" 6.5 Creedmoor
Timney 510
HMR stock and DBM
Tract Toric 4-20
DeadAir SandmanK
Harris Bipod podloc
PIG 0311-G with RRS TA-2U
Prime 130gr Ammo

49466419458_66e92a85f4_c.jpg
that isn't a poors build .The rifle is good, and has nothing to do with the person behind it.

Reactions: THEWAKLER
Unfortunately, I couldn't make friends with the Foundation. So the Matrix got a facelift, spun on a new barrel, and added a new bullet/ powder
combo. 2021 has to be better.
PXL_20201213_175524733.jpg

Reactions: Covertnoob5
Archimedes
Bartlien MOD400BB - 6Dasher
Alpha brass
MPA BA
TT Diamond
K624i

thats the plan. action is in the mail and the barrel is dialed in on the machine. havnt cut it yet. maybe after xmas

Last edited:
Defiance Deviant Tactical
Bartlein M24 chambered 6GT
APA Fat Bastard
Trigger Tech Diamond 2 stage
Manners TCS
Sphur 4001
Minox ZP5 MR4 reticle
Ckye pod

Last edited:
bighorn origin
proof 24" 6.5cm medium palma
JCS composites adjustable tacticle
TT special flat
seekins rings
atlas
and undecided on scope.
thats if i even get to shoot this year.
IMG_6278.jpg

My 2021 build for PRS/range/classes... not super interested in the competition aspect as I’m a noob. Just want to learn as much as possible.

Terminus Zeus
Proof Prefit Competition Contour (6BR & 6.5CM)
PVA Jetblast
Manners PRS-TCS
Vortex Razor G2
MPA BA Mount
TT Diamond, single stage

I was about to order a 6 GT barrel and form my own brass for LRP since I've got 2500 and 700ish SRP. After talking to Tim at Solid Accuracy, I decided to go with the 6XC, since you can get LRP brass without having to do a bunch of forming, cutting, and reaming donuts. Post 2021 season, if I don't see any primers around, I guess I'll just be hosed. Here's to hoping that manufacturer backlogs get unclogged and we see primers at the end of 2021...

My setup for the season:
  • Tikka T3 with sterk bolt handle, MT trigger spring, Nightforce 20 MOA rail
  • KRG W3 Folding with Spigot and Arca rail
  • Spuhr Mount
  • Maven RS.4 with an Athlon Ares ETR as a backup
  • Harris S with a podlock
  • Wiebad fortune cookie
  • Criterion shouldered 6XC / 6.5 Timberwolf and .223 when I run out of Varget and need to dig into the 8208 XBR
  • Area 419 Sidewinder
Planning to shoot the Sierra 107s. Tim at Solid Accuracy swears by them over varget in the XC, and offered to do the load dev on my barrel once he fits it to my action, so... How could I refuse?
I'd be curious using Varget for 6xc, I have powder But? I have a bunch of Varget was going to spin up a Varget Caliber just to use up my Varget, crazy times.

TL3
Proof barrel 6GT
Bix’n Andy
Kahles 525i SKMR4
MDT ACC
Atlas Cal
little bastard muzzle

TL3
Hawkhill 6GT
Bix’n Andy
Kahles 624i skmr1
MDT ACC
Atlas Cal
Insight arms muzzle
Looking forward to switching out for the can this year. Really don’t like the noise.
Put the amp annealer to workthis last year really liked how much it improved my loads. This year I bought a Henderson trimmer, can’t wait to see how much this helps. I have been looking at all my brass individually since this shut down crap. Found some very disgusting issues. Hopefully I can clean those up.

That
I’m not a fan of how close the rings are to the erector housing. If heard of a few people having some issues with some high end scopes and they all run spuhr mounts. It could be nothing to do with the mount at all but I’m just going to give it a try. This is the way I ran the rifle this year different barrel and break View attachment 7483720
Can't be a match rifle! It got rained on!
Actually looks like a wet tshirt contest winner🤣

Running a nearly stock T3X Tac A1, Razor gen2, offensively loud JP brake, equally loud cerakote job for bolt gun.
PXL_20201226_034127747.PORTRAIT.jpg

Tactical gas-gun class (.223 with factory Federal 77gr), 20" proof barrel thermal fit to a forged BCM upper, Geissele high speed national match trigger, full JP LMOS internals, mk5 with Tremor3, and a few other doodads for competition purposes. (Same as this year but only had two matches with it at the very end)
PXL_20201212_050515326.jpg

PXL_20201212_201859200_exported_95628_1607814735520.jpg

• Love
Reactions: VargmatII
What were your thoughts on the foundation for matches? What model did you run and how does it compare to the TCS?
I had an Exodus and shot well with it. Its just not as modular and adjustable as the TCS. I'm not a chassis fan so I didn't want to go that route. I haven't shot a match with the TCS yet to really compare but I do like it based on the practice I've done at the range. I have smaller hands and I find the grip and thumb shelf on the TCS is a little more comfortable than the foundation.

I had an Exodus and shot well with it. Its just not as modular and adjustable as the TCS. I'm not a chassis fan so I didn't want to go that route. I haven't shot a match with the TCS yet to really compare but I do like it based on the practice I've done at the range. I have smaller hands and I find the grip and thumb shelf on the TCS is a little more comfortable than the foundation.
Thanks! Have been wondering how they compare. I have a centurion on the way and I like to second guess myself.

Thanks! Have been wondering how they compare. I have a centurion on the way and I like to second guess myself.
I tried out a Centurion and I found the grip a lot closer to the trigger than the Exodus. I honestly loved the Exodus, super high quality stock, just wanted more modularity. I'm sure you'll be happy!