• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors What 22 Pistol cycles best with a can

My Ruger 22/45 Lite and Mark 3 (basically the same) cycle very well with my TBAC 22L-1. Never ran a GSG so nothing to say about them.

I have a couple of Ruger Mark II's and they run great. My GSG 1911 jams a good bit, although I have not tried many diff brands of ammo in it. I would go Ruger.

Eddie

Ruger SR-22P works great with cans. However, it will not cycle the action with Remington subsonic or CCI quiet.

My buckmark runs great. I haven't had a problem with it. It's easy to clean with its open design when it cycles. The action is quiet with my tbac 22L-1. It eats all the ammo I have fed it. But I haven't been able to find some subsonic ammo to shoot yet so I can't comment on how it runs with subsonics. The ~4in barrel keeps regular ammo subsonic anyways.

Buckmark/Mark II/Mark III. Any space-esque gun is going to be a great suppressor host imho.

My 22/45 runs like a sewing machine with a spectre 2. CCI quiet's need to be hand cycled but still fun to shoot em

Ruger MkIII and Buckmark both work well for me.

4 1/2" barrels keep most all ammo subsonic.

I like the Buckmark a little better as its open design does not
collect the tremendous amount or trash in the chamber like
the Ruger does.

Ruger MkIII and Buckmark both work well for me.

4 1/2" barrels keep most all ammo subsonic.

I like the Buckmark a little better as its open design does not
collect the tremendous amount or trash in the chamber like
the Ruger does.

Ever have any blowback issues with the Buckmark ?

I have one, but no threaded barrel for it. I keep my eye out for the threaded
version every chance I get :D Tried an aftermarket barrel but hated it due to
the balance issue it caused.

The Buckmark has to be the most accurate .22lr pistol I've ever used.
Is crazy accurate.

I have a Walther P22 ( hate it ) that has a tendency to spray me in the face with
powder residue anytime I shoot it with the suppressor attached. ( AAC Aviator )
Make sure you wear eye protection ! lol

Dislike that combination so much, the Aviator now lives on a Savage MK-II rifle where
it performs beautifully.

Ever have any blowback issues with the Buckmark ?

I have one, but no threaded barrel for it. I keep my eye out for the threaded
version every chance I get :D Tried an aftermarket barrel but hated it due to
the balance issue it caused.

The Buckmark has to be the most accurate .22lr pistol I've ever used.
Is crazy accurate.

I have a Walther P22 ( hate it ) that has a tendency to spray me in the face with
powder residue anytime I shoot it with the suppressor attached. ( AAC Aviator )
Make sure you wear eye protection ! lol

Dislike that combination so much, the Aviator now lives on a Savage MK-II rifle where
it performs beautifully.

No issues.

If you have an optic mounted, it can get a little dirty.

I have one of their brass deflectors. It doesn't deflect brass worth a flip
but it does deflect some of the mess from your scope.

I have a stainless Buckmark, non threaded, that I set the front sight back on .5", then threaded the barrel.

It eats everything I put thru it, favorite being the Colibri 60 grain subsonics. A number of pigs have fallen to this remarkable combo.

Buckmark is great for this, easy to clean, and rarely needs it.

I love the Ruger at the bottom of the pic. It has a Gemtech full upper. It will not cycle subsonic well but regular full power ammo cycles flawlessly.

1319154909_img_1022.jpg

The 22/45 (with a Pac-Lite upper) is my favorite but I do have a M&P22 that shoots just fine suppressed with all ammo that I have tried through it.

I have a Pac-Lite upper on each of my kids pistols and they all love them.

I have a 22/45 lite, a Walther p22, and a Buckmark. I bought a thread protector from AAC and sent that with my buckmark barrel to my gunsmith. He threaded the factory barrel and moved back the front sight post. It really came out great and was $60 less than buying a PAC-lite barrel.

All three guns run great suppressed but the walther P22 has its moments here and there. Not enough to really complain about. When comparing the ruger and buckmark to the walther they are miles ahead in fit, feel, and accuracy.

Shooting anything .22 suppressed is a blast.

My GSG 1911 will cycle subs and high velocity suppressed (TBA Peacemaker can) and unsuppressed. I've had a few issues where I can't figure out if it's a light primer strike, or dud ammo though.

This thread makes me want my Sparrow!! Got the 22/45 lite for Christmas and Sparrow should be out of jail in June. Although I have had some issues with Winchester 37 grain Super X ammo feeding. Mine seems to prefer CCI ammo both unsupressed obviously.

I have a TacSol Cascade that use with a 22/45 (Majestic Arms Kit Installed) and a S&W P22. Both work fine with SS ammo. The trigger on the P22 has ALOT to be desired so I am having a local guy work on it. I do believe I am in the minority when it comes to the P22 being real reliable. Lucked out I guess.

my gsg 1911 adop 22lr (stock) + gsg thread adapter + 22sparrowSS = runs fine. shoots and cycles both remington and cci subsonics.
my S&w M&P15p(pistol) 22lr (stock) + silencerco AR15 spacer +22sparrowSS = runs fine. shoots and cycles both remington and cci subsonics.
*the only ammo iv'e had not cycle in the above 2 is Aguila Super colibri (shot unsuppressed)

Last edited:
Had very few problems with the Buckmark, Ruger MkII, Ruger 22/45, or Sig Mosquito. The one problem ammo was the aguila subsonic with the short cases. Probably put 15+ different ammo types thru them with very few problems. CCI subsonic, green tag, and SV are the most consistient in terms of subsonic MV. Not the quietest of the subsonics though.

Last edited:
I had my Buckmark cut back an inch, threaded and re-crowned. Even with full velocity ammo I stay subsonic with the inch lopped off and it is scary accurate. Reliability is the same as when it was not suppressed, just very quiet. Have not tried subs in it, since everything is subsonic. Makes things simple.

I've tried a gsg1911, ruger mk3, sig mosquito, and browning buckmark, and I would have to say the buckmark is the best with any ammo. But they will all work if you find the type of ammo the gun works best with. My vote goes to the browning.

I have a Buckmark Camper with a shortened (4.5") barrel and sight setback. I used a private label Gemtech Alpine with it. Shoots everything I've tried subsonic, but CCI an Remington SV loads are my favorite. Pretty much only hear the action followed by a healthy whack when it hits the target. I haven't bothered with SS loads, because it's so quite with SV ammo. This combo has exceeded all my expectations in function and accuracy.

I have a SilencerCo Sparrow. I have used it on a Sig Mosquito and a Ruger 22/45. Both worked great but the 22/45 is a far more accurate gun. It's really amazing. The Sig had a few problems cycling cheap ammo without the suppressor. But with the suppressor those problems dissappeared because there is more back pressure with a can. This helps cycle the action when shooting subs. The Sig shot subsonic fine with the can. If I was basing my coice on a 22 caliber pistol for suppressor use I'd have to go with the Ruger for its accuracy. And it cylcles anything you put through it when shooting with or without the can.

Went with the Ruger......Thanks for all the comments ...
Congratulations! Which model did you get?

I have had a SS bull barrel 22/45 for twenty years now and it has be a great pistol. I just recently added a theaded barrel 22/45 Lite with a black barrel. Pix below. Also check out this guys website on modifications to make the pistol better. I may try some of his mods.

http://majesticarms.com/

The suppressor is a YHM Mite, my first of four now. It is ok, but there are better ones out there. I am content with it, but may add another one day. But it only cost me $220 plus $200 ATF transfer fee.

mww1lc.jpg

fcif0m.jpg

The Rugers and Buckmark run great and are accurate. If you flip the sear spring on the Buckmark and remove the mag safety wire /spring you get a Great trigger too.

BuckmarkP22.jpg