• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What 6.5 creed bbl to convert to MWS?

Ulfhednar15

Private
Minuteman
Mar 19, 2022
PRNJ
Hi guys. I'm looking to get a 6.5 creed barrel to have converted to work in my LMT MWS. I've had great luck with Saterns cut rifled barrel in 6.5 Grendel. It shoots crazy good- can cover most 5 shot groups with a dime at 100yds. My 14.5 Lilja 6.5 grendel bbl also shoots loghts out. Im very impessed with this bbl as it is short but still consistently produces 1/2 groups with boring regularity. I had good luck with a JP bbl in 556/223. I know there are a ton of great bbl makers that I've never used, so I'm asking you guys to see what you are running.

Thanks for the help!

Last edited:
Hi guys. I'm looking to get a 6.5 creed barrel to have converted to work in my LMT MWS. I've had great luck with Saterns cut rifled barrel in 6.5 Grendel. It shoots crazy good- can cover most 5 shot groups with a dime at 100yds. My 14.5 Lilja 6.5 grendel bbl also shoots loghts out. Im very impessed with this bbl as it is short but still consistently produces 1/2 groups with boring regularity. I had good luck with a JP bbl in 556/223. I know there are a ton of great bbl makers that I've never used, so I'm asking you guys to see what you are running.

Thanks for the help!
I'd get a Bartlein or Krieger Barrel made by Paul at Compass Lake.

LMT MWS uses its own profile with integrated barrel extension. I would be careful no using LMT barrel. You also need an LMT gas block with straight gas tube.

LMT MWS uses its own profile with integrated barrel extension. I would be careful no using LMT barrel. You also need an LMT gas block with straight gas tube.
You literally don’t need any of that on a conversion.

"
FYI Boss Firearms in College Station, TX was stocking some Proofs, already converted."

Thanks! I checked and they have both 20" and 22" barrels in stock.

My only concern would be, how tough or rugged are the carbon fiber wrapped barrels? Truth be told, I can be pretty rough on things. Will they stand up to being dinged, banged, generally hummed through the woods?

Thanks again!

Yes they will. I remember videos of guy hitting them with hammers. And some other guy doing weight test. Still it's a ton of $ for a 6.5 that'll go much faster then 308. In stainless that'll go faster then chf cl. For some Carbon fiber rigidity I didn't really need.

The guy to do mws barrels. Like THE guy is d Wilson. He's the same dude that did those that boss has in stock. I think he's on here but haven't seen him in a long time.

Only thing I'd feel would be worth the conversion, for me, would be a CHF CL barrel that holds .75 moa just for longevity.

I got a brand new LMT 20" SS 6.5 barrel I might sell you for the right price.