• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What adjustable gas block for 6.8 SPC SBR upper?

jrhtx

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 4, 2006
Houston, TX
Thinking about building a 6.8 SPC upper for a SBR. Looking at AR Performance barrel and will shoot it 90% of the time suppressed. Will use an old style Larue handguard.
What's the go to adj gas block?
Any that can be easily adjusted in the field w/o tools?
Could also be put on a full auto lower sometimes.
Thanks.

I like Slr.

I question using a bleed off type gas block on a suppressed rifle. The rfb I had was a piston system but regulated gas by bleeding it off. Easily the loudest suppressed rifle I ever owned.

I used a SLR on my Ar15Performance 16" 6.8 10 clicks out factory ammo ejects at 4:00 o'clock

Use slr gas blocks on the majority of my ar's now , easily one of my favorite performance parts. Simple design but very effective.

Not Suppressed, I used one of Ar15 Performance muzzle brakes it's the Vortex Comp 2 no it's not loud

Odin works adjustable on my 6.8 sbr. You can adjust without removing anything . I shoot supersonic suppressed exclusively out of it. I’ve got my upper listed and plan on buying another when times are better, butve killed many hogs with it. It’s Great for hunting. The 6.8 is loud with a TBAC 7 but I don’t feel like I need hear pro.. I wear it when possible however, Because sometimes the deer or hogs come up on you fast!

SLR every day. JP also makes interesting adjustable blocks.

First and foremost I don't like being called a lie I don't care if it's my 2 post or 2000 post. I have 3 Vortex Comp from Ar15 Performance, go to their site they even state it may be used without hearing protectors to hunt or on duty, so kept your LOL to yourself
Thank You

Odin has an adjustable block I use on my DI gas gun six8. I usually dial back 3 clicks if it’s cold out or 4 if it’s warm. Suppressor is a Surefire Socom 762.

I walked away from ARs a while back. I still have a fondness for the 6.8 SPC. Wonderful round for it's purposes and increased bullet weight. I also like the idea of a piston driven upper in 6.8.
Anyone have any experience with one? Like the Barret Reese upper? If I remember correctly it had an adjustable gas plug. Although DG would be a better accuracy platform.