• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

What ammo will function in 10/22

jack simpson

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 11, 2011
Kentucky
Was at sportsmans warehouse this weekend was going to pickup some cci standard vel. also some match grade I think it was Federal. The guys there said that all that ammo that was under 1100 fps, would not cycle my 10/22. So I did not get it. Has anyone tried sub 1100 fps it their 10/22?

Re: What ammo will function in 10/22

Well, I don't know if the several 10-22's I've had over the years shot HV or not. All I've ever shot has been std. velocity solids and I don't ever remember having a failure.

Have these jokers ever used a 10-22?

rule of thumb: ignore any and all advice given at BPS, cabelas, Dick's, Gander MT., Sportsman warehouse etc....

A 10-22 will shoot anything you want it to. I have shot 1000 rds of standard through mine and no jams. That guy needs to go back to cosmetics or the register.

It's much simpler to ask what <span style="font-style: italic">won't</span> function in a 10/22... My answer: dunno, haven't found any yet (I've owned my 10/22 for 20+ years). To be completely fair, I haven't explored the full spectrum of subsonic ammo with it, but I've shot plenty of 1100-ish ammo through it.

Edit to add: Think of the 10/22 as a magic stick that makes pretty much anything go bang.

My 10/22 would "stovepipe" once aboput every 15 rounds of Match ammo. I switched to a lighter spring (KIDD "white" spring) and have had zero issues with subsonic match ammo with or without a suppressor.

My 10/22 shoots Aguila subsonics equally as well as it shoots Winchester Power Points. Pretty much what everyone else has said here. Big box gun store clerks should be muted before hiring on.

From what I have saw one of the requirements to sell firearms is you must not own one and have a IQ less than 95. I haven't found anything that will not cycle either of my 10/22's

Mine shoots anything I've tried in it, and with a Volquartsen extractor in the bolt it spits it all out too.

Mine shoots about everything, the only ammo that I've had problems with is a bulk pack of federal match that I bought at wally world. I may have gotten a bad batch, because it wouldn't function in my buckmark pistol or my marlin mod. 60 either. Everything else, including remington subsonics work like a champ.

Mine shoots anything I have ever tried, including Remington subsonics and it is bone stock. We have a Sportsmans Warehouse here, and most of their gun folk are pretty good to deal with. The ones I know know their guns and have pretty reliable advise. Having said that, we seem to be the exception, not the rule.

Ditto, the most accurate round out of my 10/22 was the rem sub-sonic. That was fourteen years ago and that's still what I run through it.

Sometimes you have to watch the 'benchracers' their hearts are in the right place, but the info might not be so accurate!

Good luck with it and have some fun.

Cheers,
Breeze

My 10/22 I've been shooting since 2002. In the first year I had it, I fired about 25k rounds through it. No, that's not an exaggeration. When the AWB expired, I got it back out and fired quite a bit more as I had access to 25 round mags. It was then my rifle started having issues. I put three to four 500 round bulk packs through it each month at that point. I noticed most of my failures came from the larger magazines, rarely through the 10 round factory mags. Finally it started happening with those, too and I put it away for several years. I recently put new springs throughout the gun and it now seems to feed anything fairly well, with a few hang-ups on Remington Golden Bullet ammo.

Moral of the story: They shoot most anything if you use good working mags and the gun is in good shape.

Yeah, mags are a big issue with 10/22's. I bought 10 30 rd eagle mags from CDNN when they had a sale on them. I honestly wasn't expecting much for the price, thats why I bought so many. Believe it or not, 9 out of the 10 function consistently good once I got them broken in. I almost never have any issues with them. I bought 3 25rd hot lips mags (that cost 3 times as much as the eagles), and only 1 works consistently. I put in a Wolff spring kit and a set of action shims right after I got the rifle, and have had a smooth running machine since. it feeds rem. subsonics flawlessly, and thats the most accurate round out of that gun.