• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What are some good soft rifle cases

beaverpelt

Private
Minuteman
Dec 26, 2017
St Louis, MO
Or something a little more compact than a pelican case. I want to keep my rifles protected but I don't know what the good options are out there that you guys may be using.

What's your budget?
What the overall length of your rifle?
Drag bags work. I have used them a lot.
Galati, mentioned above, are really well made and are in the $150-$175price range. My Voodoo bags have worked pretty well - only one zipper failure that was repairable- and they run about $100.
I managed to get my hands on the Armageddon Gear rifle case a while ago when Brownells blew them out. Now it's my favorite. Unfortunately, the deal is long gone and they run about $400....not worth it to me for a range bag.

What's your budget?
What the overall length of your rifle?
Drag bags work. I have used them a lot.
Galati, mentioned above, are really well made and are in the $150-$175price range. My Voodoo bags have worked pretty well - only one zipper failure that was repairable- and they run about $100.
I managed to get my hands on the Armageddon Gear rifle case a while ago when Brownells blew them out. Now it's my favorite. Unfortunately, the deal is long gone and they run about $400....not worth it to me for a range bag.

Overall length of my rifle is about 50" so I'd need at least a 52" case.

I have the 42" triad tactical case for my 20" bolt gun and it's perfect mix of practical features and compact size. Seemed a bit pricey at first but it's well built and I am glad I got it.

Reactions: Holliday
I have Tac Ops and am very happy with it. but think the Eberlestock may get tried next time I need one.

I just realized the Eblerstock has the divider in it for two guns, I kinda want to trade mine off for the Eblerstock now.

A while back, Midway had the Kryptek bags on sale. I picked one up for around $75.00. Heck of a bag for the price. Sturdy, well padded, high quality zippers and good stiching. Well worth the price. I have some Voodoo, Midway, Bulldog, and Uncle Mikes rifle bags and the Kryptek bag seems to be a cut above the rest.
Best,
Mike

Total rifle length will narrow down your options MAYBE. My rifle is 51” long and many are not available at this length. Last night I purchased a

Triad Precision Rifle Carry Case
Options:
Size: 52"

I am very satisfied with Triads quality and MADE IN AMERICA is a big consideration for some.

I've got one from US Peacekeepers. It was pretty affordable, and I really like it so far. Would buy again.

I use the Midway drag bags. Prices range from 50 -100 dollars depending on color and size. They always seem to have sales. They are fine for protection.
Midway drag bags work great for transporting from the car to the range.

I just recently purchased a voodoo drag bag. It is a nice bag with some really cool features. It is not up to the same quality as my Blackhawk drag bag but it is worth the $150

+1 for Gallati

I take my rifles out to the hill country and lay out on limestone sometimes for hours on end and mine has never even shown signs of wearing out. Gets dirty as he'll with all the moon dust but it's comfy enough to fall asleep on and I almost did once in the morning this past season waiting for a morning corn feeder to go off.

Honestly the Condor drag-bag works great and it about $115. If you were really dragging it, it might not hold up, but for car to range it works. No complaints and I have had it for +2 years.

Total rifle length will narrow down your options MAYBE. My rifle is 51” long and many are not available at this length. Last night I purchased a

Triad Precision Rifle Carry Case
Options:
Size: 52"

I am very satisfied with Triads quality and MADE IN AMERICA is a big consideration for some.

That’s the one I have. I wish triad would make a longer model. With all the folks running cans it would seem the market is there.....

WRB Bags

Made in USA, affordable, well made.

Have had several for years, never a problem.

WRBsales.com (although just checked and they are having a website problem right now)

I have had good luck with the midway bags too. Well made and they stand behind their stuff if you do have an issue. The drag bags i have from them also have the divider for 2 guns.

The nicest bag I have is the eberlestock dragbag. They are expensive but midway has a sale I believe yearly or twice a year. I paid $224 to my door. It was a great investment. I have the Triad precision rifle case. Well made but does not offer the same protection as the eberlestock and nearly identical pricing if you can wait for eberlestock sale. I just bought the Midway drag bag because it was on sale for $38 bucks. Couldn't pass it up and looks like it will make a great bag from home to the range.

I have the Gallati case/matte. (Yes, I have to many cases). It works great and what I use when I'm shooting at a range that I can shoot prone. Makes life simple to just lay down your case, open it up and be ready to go. I'm 6'2" so I have the longer model.

For those that would like to know; Galati, Voo-Doo, Eberlestock and Midway Brand bags are all made overseas (the last time we checked, and we do check). I know for those cases/bags that will spend most of its life in the closet this may not matter, but to some people it matters.

Thank you for all the positive comments on the Triad products :)

For those that would like to know; Galati, Voo-Doo, Eberlestock and Midway Brand bags are all made overseas (the last time we checked, and we do check). I know for those cases/bags that will spend most of its life in the closet this may not matter, but to some people it matters.

Thank you for all the positive comments on the Triad products :)
Thanks for chimng in. I need a longer bag now that im running a can. Would love to see you consider a longer model, now that cans are becoming so ubiquitous.

Reactions: DrainTheSwamp2017
https://www.tacticalassaultgearstor...1033/s/shooter-sniper-rifle-case/category/39/

This is a awesome bag for pretty cheap. I am pretty sure you could get a 20 inch bolt action rifle with a silencer in the bag. You can decide to use the shooting mat if you choose to. The design is similar to the old eagle clam shell. It’s a big value and TAG has always giving me great customer service. Made in the USA as well.

The Blackhawk drag bag is pretty nice, but it's also spendy. You could probably get the Eberlestock for the same price...

I'd go with the Tac Ops or Eberlestock bags, Midway zippers are crap. Broke on two bags, both sent back.

I bought a VISM/NcStar rifle case in 2014 for $65. I do not have a complaint about it. When you don't need all the crap you can stuff in the TacOps it works great. I have used it about an average amount and it has held up well. Zippers and everything still trouble free. Best of all it is cheaper today than it was in 2014 at $55 and prime eligible.

I just ordered two more to include with the ARC Nucleus rifles I'm building for my kids.

Call me cheap but I have use Ace cases for years and they work great for throwing a rifle in the backseat of a truck or riding around leaning in the corner of a equipment cab all day. Cheap and have some nice exterior pockets.

I had been using Tac Ops bag for years. This last year I needed a couple more bags for hunting rifles. Come across the Midway bag's for like $75. I had to try a couple. Wow was I impressed. I'll continue to buy the Midway as long as it's available.

I'm using a Bergara labeled TacOps drag bag and they are nice. I wish I bought one short and one long one though since I run some short rifles.

[1] Eberlestock (pretty bulky, but holds 2 guns)
[2] Creedmoore Sports (probably the best all-around case)
[3] Midway (AR cases, 3-Gun cases)
[4] Bob Allen (not tall enough for high mounted big scopes, but great for hunting rifles or shotguns)
[5] Bore Stores (in-safe storage or protected transport)