• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What are the aftermarket Chassis for Savages

bassani

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 19, 2011
Mandeville, LA
The XLR chassis is the top of my list right now.

But I was wondering if there is one out there that someone has come across a chassis that has an appearence like the AX AICS/Viperskins.

Re: What are the aftermarket Chassis for Savages

Absolutely nothing that I have come across. Everyone favors the Rem700 lol. If I am incorrect I am positive that someone will come along and let me know but nothing too close to AICS.

The Mcree Chassis' are really nice! Take a look at one of those.

XLR... Accurate-mag supposedly has 1 out... JP has 1 out... McRee... AI keeps saying they're putting an AICS out ( I doubt it )... probably even a couple more I can't think of right now

Yes..so these are some that can be added to the list

McMillan
McRee

sorry..guess it would have been more correct on the McMillan to say stock rather than chassis.

I guess, that I should have stated that I have not come across anything that is LIKE the AICS stocks in looks but yes there are other chassis systems. My apologies for the misunderstanding!

XLR, JP, Mcree, PDC Custom, The AICS is supposedly coming to Savages.

B&C, H-S, Choate, Hogue, Stockade, Manners, and Mcmillan all make synthetic stocks

Boyds, Stocky's, and SSS all make laminate stocks.

Am I missing any?

The Ashbury SABER system is available for the Savage in .338LM and .300WM. The 10 round magazine in .338 needs a minor mod to the receiver. The Sporter chassis should be available anytime now as well, with a 5 round 3.850" magazine. See the following links.

Savage Mod 1

Saber chassis system

Does anybody know if the mini-chassis is available from Manner's with the savage inlet?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CoryT</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The Ashbury SABER system is available for the Savage in .338LM and .300WM. The 10 round magazine in .338 needs a minor mod to the receiver. The Sporter chassis should be available anytime now as well, with a 5 round 3.850" magazine. See the following links.

Savage Mod 1

Saber chassis system </div></div>

Those are sweet..but that puts you right up there in the Cadex range.

Do they bed the McMillan & Manners stocks for you based on your rifle?

Maybe I'm not looking good enough, but I did not see an option on Mcree's site.
Discontinued?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: maclowry</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Maybe I'm not looking good enough, but I did not see an option on Mcree's site.
Discontinued? </div></div>

They updated their site a while ago and forgot to include Savage actions. You can call and they will build one, but it takes them a while to update their website from what I hear.

If you know of any other Savage stock company's I'll update the list.

Chassis Stocks
Ashbury International (APO) - Savage 110BA, 10 rumoured
McRees Precision- Savage 10, 12, with 110 in works
PDC- Savage 10, 12, 110 (110 non DM) and rimfire
CSS- Savage 12
XLR- All actions
JP Rifles- Savage 10
Accuracy International- Savage 10 in works
Eberlstock- Savage 10 rumoured
Roedale- Savage 10 rumoured

Traditional Stocks
Manners- All actions and rimfire
McMillan- All actions
H-S Precision- Savage 10, 12, 110
SSS- All actions pus rimfire
Bell and Carlson- Savage 10, 110
Stockade- All actions
Boyds- Savage 10, 110 and rimfire
Choate- Savage 10, 110
Hogue- Savage 10, 110
Richards Microfit- All actions and rimfire
Russo- Savage 10, 12, 110
Accurate Innovations- Savage 10
MPI Stocks- Savage 10, 110
Revolution stocks- Savage 10, 110 and rimfire

No AICS for the Savage platforms
frown.gif

JP got my dead presidents
IMG_4465.jpg

i thought i read somewhere that AICS was going to do a savage platform but it was a while back

Here's a thought, Savage has two 10-BA & 110-BA.

i talked with pete at roedale recently - he says that the savage action is planned for their chassis. he did not say when, but he also did say that if he got 25 orders for a chassis for a brand-X action, he'd set up the machine to run them.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Maelek</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i thought i read somewhere that AICS was going to do a savage platform but it was a while back</div></div>

I think I read this once in '08, again in '10, and again after SHOT this year. Don't hold your breath.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Temp9</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Maelek</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i thought i read somewhere that AICS was going to do a savage platform but it was a while back</div></div>

I think I read this once in '08, again in '10, and again after SHOT this year. Don't hold your breath. </div></div>

In March of this year, Tom Irwin with AI said the first Savage AICS was due in six months...that'd be right now.

http://w.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=3200934#Post3200934

On July 24th, Tom updated that thread to say:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tomirwin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The first small batch will be available in October/November.</div></div>

I'll believe it when I see it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BoilerUP</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Temp9</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Maelek</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i thought i read somewhere that AICS was going to do a savage platform but it was a while back</div></div>

I think I read this once in '08, again in '10, and again after SHOT this year. Don't hold your breath. </div></div>

In March of this year, Tom Irwin with AI said the first Savage AICS was due in six months...that'd be right now.

http://w.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=3200934#Post3200934

On July 24th, Tom updated that thread to say:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tomirwin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The first small batch will be available in October/November.</div></div>

I'll believe it when I see it. </div></div>

ha..that thread is locked. guess people were starting to vent

As of 9/18/12 McKree has not made a 110 version. I received an email update from Kathy, as Scott was in GA. The email stated that they are currently working on the design.

I have a mcree which is very nice I am planning an ai or maybe Ashbury Precision Ordnance on another build soon

As of this year, the AICS is available for Savage short action. I assume it's the 4.41 version, but I don't know. I believe Mile High Shooting Accessories has sold them, so they can answer. They're a Hide sponsor too.

10fpsr_65cm_grass.jpg

ETA I stole that picture from another forum. It's not my rifle.

Last edited:
AICS for Savage S/A

They do make them for the 4.4 spacing. I bought the pistol grip version from mile high. I think most that went out were the thumbhole one. Wasn't given a choice of color just FDE.