• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What are you shooting on anti gun day?

pmclaine

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Nov 6, 2011
    MA
    Post up some pretty pictures. Probably to late for the east coast peeps but maybe you flyover guys that are the difference can fire something up.

Just entering range gate now myself.

Had to work th8s morning so not shooting . I am reloading 9mm with a .45 on my hip . Does that count ?

Going out now to practice for an upcoming steel match. Gonna shoot a pistol caliber carbine. Usually shoot some sort of pistol, so this should be a blast with the carbine! Oh yea, and Fuck the POS snowflake protesters!

Reactions: Alphatreedog
    20180324_171332.jpg

35+ mph winds all day, so I'm showing the kids who the boss is.

4C937CCA-DCB6-4007-86DD-048E4D5D1468.jpeg
    Right this minute, waiting for suppressor to cool, I checked in to the Hide, so here you go. Was just about to fire another group.

Last edited:
    Reactions: jrassy
    Did you get good color transfer?

Pretty much, yes.

Just found out that some colors suck or are very very similar to other colors.

Red/orange are basically identical. Yellow is hard to see but does transfer.

The trick works, but the amount of different 'lots' you can use is limited due to the amount of colors you can realistically use.

Red, pink, silver, gold, green, blue work well.

Just returned from sending 4 25 round mags of .45ACP out of my HK USC/UMP conv 100 yard man whacker, 200 plus rounds from my .22's and 10 rds of 6.5cm out of my AX.

You cannot maintain residency in the State Wyoming unless you pop at least 500 primers a month.

Was going to turkey hunt, but one son got busted up and in the hospital in Atlanta, so I'm playing with the kids the last couple days.

No shooting today, but did a lot of brass prep and loading.

Par for the course for most here but I nailed my first 1000 yard shot today with my second shot! Wind got me? Nailed it with my Wilson Combat 6.5 Creed AR10. Cowtown was busy w/ semi & auto enjoyment being had by all!!

Reactions: Frankly and KZP
    M40 (modified)

P3247861.JPG

P3247862.JPG

Cold Bore/Check Zero

P3247864.JPG

Five for Five

P3247863.JPG

Was doing good through first 15 of 5/5 than neighbor shooter and I started discussing events. Man I never met, good shot.

Told me he teaches kids Olympic air pistol. Explained that is a highly disciplined sport, one of the excercises is to have the kids stand absolutely still for ten minutes which I can imagine is a test for any kid.

Sadly he mentioned the kids are getting bullied for their sport.

One girl has quit the team and is gaining weight feels bad because students are harassing them for their firearms activities.

Other kids apparently didnt want to participate in the school walkout and were told they had to.

So that is the game brain wash them first and if they resist they become the one class of kids its okay to bully.

338lm and 308win . 20rd 338 and 40rd 308 . 300 yd getting .75moa groups with both rifles on average. Shot a barrett ar15 today a buddy had, nice unit.

M40 (modified)

View attachment 6887209

View attachment 6887210

Cold Bore/Check Zero

View attachment 6887211

Five for Five

View attachment 6887212

Was doing good through first 15 of 5/5 than neighbor shooter and I started discussing events. Man I never met, good shot.

Told me he teaches kids Olympic air pistol. Explained that is a highly disciplined sport, one of the excercises is to have the kids stand absolutely still for ten minutes which I can imagine is a test for any kid.

Sadly he mentioned the kids are getting bullied for their sport.

One girl has quit the team and is gaining weight feels bad because students are harassing them for their firearms activities.

Other kids apparently didnt want to participate in the school walkout and were told they had to.

So that is the game brain wash them first and if they resist they become the one class of kids its okay to bully.
    Kids being forced to participate in a walkout, I have no words to describe this. Something really needs to be done about that shit

I shot the shit with a good friend at the DONNIE SMITH bike show in St. Paul, does that count?

Kids being forced to participate in a walkout, I have no words to describe this. Something really needs to be done about that shit

Thing that struck me was that in watching the news of the days events today all these speakers were saying "We dont want to take away your guns you can use them for sport"

Well what is more pure sport than Olympic air pistol yet these kids are being harassed for the participation.

Im preaching to the choir here but yes, yes they do intend to take away Fudds shotgun.

The conversation kind of turned the fun event into a bummer.

I was hoping to wear out some short range steel with the latest acquisition and try out some new match 22 ammo through my Kidd 10/22, but my project of rebuilding my disk took longer than expected. Hopefully I can get it finished with enough time to shoot tomorrow, if not then it’ll get finished next weekend and I’m gonna burn some powder.
    32D6B0C1-08F3-4ADD-8EB7-62871457C05F.jpeg
    065A7B75-1028-4947-9378-07F3D44BEFBD.jpeg

I got a couple new people hooked today and sighted in a brand new Tikka Tac A1 in.308 Win. Shot a hell of a group with some factory hunting Ammo. Then tried different loads until we found a factory load it liked best! Yep, a good day.

Damn, didn't take the camera.
    6 Creed on some barricade practice.
    Hit the 2 incher at 600 enough to not be an accident from the roof barricade.

R

Reactions: jrassy
    I was hoping to wear out some short range steel with the latest acquisition and try out some new match 22 ammo through my Kidd 10/22, but my project of rebuilding my disk took longer than expected. Hopefully I can get it finished with enough time to shoot tomorrow, if not then it’ll get finished next weekend and I’m gonna burn some powder.View attachment 6887225View attachment 6887224
    Chains for a drag? Log or RR iron?

Chains for a drag? Log or RR iron?

I’ve always assumed that those chains were for a drag, just as you surmised. I have never dragged anything behind this disk or any other one, although
    I can imagine that it’d work well in some situations. I usually break the ground with a disk, spread fertilizer, spray pre emerge herbicide and then run my field cultivator with rolling baskets on its ass end as the last pass before planting. That field cultivator is my favorite implement, leaves the fields baby’s butt smooth and busts all the clods. I’m sure that there’s better methods but I’m growing corn, soybeans and sunflowers for deer, turkeys, doves and ducks to eat, they’re not that picky and efficiency isn’t the top priority.

Reactions: Rthur
    Broke in the new Seekins NOXS16 with a buddy then ran some rounds thru the PRC match gun to make sure it was ready for next weekend

I’ve always assumed that those chains were for a drag, just as you surmised. I have never dragged anything behind this disk or any other one, although
    I can imagine that it’d work well in some situations. I usually break the ground with a disk, spread fertilizer, spray pre emerge herbicide and then run my field cultivator with rolling baskets on its ass end as the last pass before planting. That field cultivator is my favorite implement, leaves the fields baby’s butt smooth and busts all the clods. I’m sure that there’s better methods but I’m growing corn, soybeans and sunflowers for deer, turkeys, doves and ducks to eat, they’re not that picky and efficiency isn’t the top priority.

If you grow any small grains like millet or sorghum, give it a try. You can chisel plow then finish with that smoothing harrow with a drag before planting. Should slick it off nicely, bust up or bury and clods and firm up the bed for planting.

I was hoping to wear out some short range steel with the latest acquisition and try out some new match 22 ammo through my Kidd 10/22, but my project of rebuilding my disk took longer than expected. Hopefully I can get it finished with enough time to shoot tomorrow, if not then it’ll get finished next weekend and I’m gonna burn some powder.View attachment 6887225View attachment 6887224
    You sir are a person that I so respect, and appreciate what you do!!

I have ran a disc over enough chisel plowed field to not enjoy it. I really appreciate someone that rebuilds a disc. Thumbs up.

I was hoping to wear out some short range steel with the latest acquisition and try out some new match 22 ammo through my Kidd 10/22, but my project of rebuilding my disk took longer than expected. Hopefully I can get it finished with enough time to shoot tomorrow, if not then it’ll get finished next weekend and I’m gonna burn some powder.
    Used to run a 14' Disk with a 15' spike tooth that double folded on to the disk. Chisel/turning depending last field crop then disk w/spike an plant. Chisel was 16' but became a 15 after I hung it in the fence one time, turning a little late. Hey, it was a early 60's Cubs game in the bottom of the 9th an Ernie Banks was up! Uncle did not see the humor at all, but I did learn a few new words that caused more ivory soap usage.

Forgot to add the important part.
    We had a young man at the range looking to try some barricades and work on dope.
    This young man has special challenges.
    It wasn't an ideal kinda range day, 40ish misty and cold for the temp.
    Half our "crew" wasn't able to make it and looked to be a go through the motions day.
    His upbeat attitude and enjoyment made the crappy conditions fade.
    Put shots across the magneto speed and started a baseline dope.
    As we were leaving it finally dawned on me why I was there.

R

Last edited:
    Had a great day of shooting supressed .22's at my buddy's KYL target yesterday. Also shot some supressed .22 pistols. Awesome day and believe it or not our guns hurt no one!

Reactions: KZP
    My shots finally came to fruition yesterday: 6lbs 14oz of awesome healthy baby girl that feeds good and is as pretty as her mom.

I'll have a week off so maybe I'll bust out some 22lr groups beside the house. Can't wait for the day to come when my two girls get to go tag steel with me at the range!