• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What are you shooting on anti gun day?

Shot some ladder tests yesterday with the 6.5CM proof prefit, looks pretty good over 1 gr of where my nodes usually are. Also shot some rando loads I had made up from yesteryear.

Today I’m doing the same with the 338 LM Proof Prefit, going to shoot about 50 rds so I pregamed with 800mg of vitamin M!

C8CCEAD6-9E36-4D7C-9959-4F12518A5CCE.jpeg
5D5AF9F7-C9E5-41A5-8077-FAA047DB4416.jpeg
3A3E3CC8-6346-4DEF-9F78-5A68774B1D73.jpeg

Didnt know it was anti day, but my 7yo put on quite a pellet gun exhibition. Routinely shooting the legs off of his action figures at about 50ft. i would hide a figure. Have him find it and he would say where he would shoot it at. It was fun!

Reactions: QuickNDirty
My shots finally came to fruition yesterday: 6lbs 14oz of awesome healthy baby girl that feeds good and is as pretty as her mom.

I'll have a week off so maybe I'll bust out some 22lr groups beside the house. Can't wait for the day to come when my two girls get to go tag steel with me at the range!
Congratulations brother . Wishing you and your family blessings .

Reactions: Mike 556
I did not shoot Saturday, but today I went into the belly of the beast: NRA basement range. My 308 Garand still has too much grease on the op-rod spring, but the polite youngster (14?) who was eyeing it had a blast burning thru a few clips manually. He was nervous of "Garand thumb" but had no such troubles, and mastered clip stuffing after the first clip. He put most of the rounds thru a 2" circle at 75'.

Also stopped by the local shop and picked up a 10/22. Just in case.

Molon labe is not just for breakfast any more.

Reactions: Mike 556
Well, I only took one shot on Saturday. But it was a good’un.
I didn’t realize all the shenanigans going on in the news. It was an awfully nice day in the woods.

Attachments

• 386194A7-2C6C-4B10-BB61-69510CA7318C.jpeg
    386194A7-2C6C-4B10-BB61-69510CA7318C.jpeg
    1,001.3 KB · Views: 30
Well, I only took one shot on Saturday. But it was a good’un.
I didn’t realize all the shenanigans going on in the news. It was an awfully nice day in the woods.

Kudos! Nice bird! Time in the woods or on the water always puts things in perspective for me. The day to day bullshit doesn't seem so important and undaunting. I realize we can't stick our head in the sand, it's too important to not get engaged in what's going on around us, but a little time in the woods or on the water recharges and rekindles the spirit.

Mike

Reactions: Bullfroggy
I didn't get a chance to shoot anything...

But I bought a binary trigger for one of my AR's... because... screw you Bloomberg!

Cheers,

Sirhr

Fitted the Fostech binary trigger today. Their device is brilliantly-engineered. Their instructions suck. But I figured it out.

It's a neat little device! Well-engineered. Actually a lot more controllable than FA.

I needed one about as much as a kitten needs a Lear Jet. But since Bloomberg and Hogg and Schumer and Feinstein don't want us to have them... They can blow me!

It's fitted to my ATV AR... Rides around Schloss Nitrocellulose on the Polaris. I have not need for this. But, WTF, 'Merika!

Cheers,

Sirhr

Fitted the Fostech binary trigger today. Their device is brilliantly-engineered. Their instructions suck. But I figured it out.

It's a neat little device! Well-engineered. Actually a lot more controllable than FA.

I needed one about as much as a kitten needs a Lear Jet. But since Bloomberg and Hogg and Schumer and Feinstein don't want us to have them... They can blow me!

It's fitted to my ATV AR... Rides around Schloss Nitrocellulose on the Polaris. I have not need for this. But, WTF, 'Merika!

Cheers,

Sirhr

Since u put it that way maybe I should get one

Took the Midway special Vortex off the 5.56 and slapped the Trijicon RM09 Type 2 RMR on it. Put the new SPARC on the 300 BO. Got home early yesterday and it was beautiful out so ran out and burnt some ammo then burnt some brush. Gonna put a scope back on the 5.56, it's funner to me, but not the Midway special. It got stole off the 25-06 and I'm tired of staring at the empty rings. :LOL: The Trijicon with the American Defense mount has to go. I'll turn that into a scope for it............... Bueller? Anyone looking for a smoking deal? :unsure: I'm gonna offer it up to some folks on here. If'n it don't get scooped up I'm gonna list it.

1523376463272.png

Took the Midway special Vortex off the 5.56 and slapped the Trijicon RM09 Type 2 RMR on it. Put the new SPARC on the 300 BO. Got home early yesterday and it was beautiful out so ran out and burnt some ammo then burnt some brush. Gonna put a scope back on the 5.56, it's funner to me, but not the Midway special. It got stole off the 25-06 and I'm tired of staring at the empty rings. :LOL: The Trijicon with the American Defense mount has to go. I'll turn that into a scope for it............... Bueller? Anyone looking for a smoking deal? :unsure: I'm gonna offer it up to some folks on here. If'n it don't get scooped up I'm gonna list it.

View attachment 6892648
text message sent.

Reactions: 1J04
Alas, nothing. April 14th is my VFW Post's meeting day, and I'm an Officer. It's midday, and I'm not ever going to rush a range day.

When the situation is better, I have a new Upper with a SPARC II to sight in, another Upper that's been rescoped after pirating the SPARC II from off its flattop, and yet another Upper that needs to be re-sighted because I pirated the rings to mount the preceding Upper's scope.

Arr, Matey!

Then there's the ammo tests; IMI 77, Frontier 75gr Match, and a close pair of handloads which compete directly against them.

I'll be busy enough both (or more) days.

Oh, you had another day in mind besides April 14th?

Actually, I like April 18th better; 243rd anniversary of the Shot Heard 'Round The World...., 4/18/1775-4/18/2018.

Dates to 'make a joyful noise'; 4/18, 7/4.

...And maybe it's time once again for The Window War to be linked again....

Greg

PS If anyone wonders why I don't rattlecan my guns, it's simple. My guns don't have to hide.

Last edited: