• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What are your GAP-10 .308 favorite loads?

Notso

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 28, 2010
Sin City
I have varget, IMR 4895 and TAC on hand. Fed, LC and Win brass. Will primarily be using 175 SMKs. 20" barrel.

Yes, I'm going to do a standard workup starting with Varget, since every rifle is theortically different. But was wondering if anyone has had any success with either the 4895 or TAC to see if its worth trying.

Thanks.

If you have Varget I'd go with that. That's my favorite out of my 4 but I only save it for my match loads.

IMR will do but Varget is slightly faster burning and more temp stable. But it throws like crap compared to my IMR so be prepared to trickle. I'm working with IMR95 for my 168s right now cause my Varget is getting low down to 1 lb but if I had to pick one I'd go Varget. But IMR is no slouch pretty good powder still. My second second favorite of my 4 powders as far as accuracy and performance goes.

As for TAC can't speak on that.

My personal experience with my gap 10 lead me to 43.3 gr Varget behind 178 AMAXs. Produced a .5" ctc 5 shot group @ 100yds.