• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes What are your thought on FFP?

Re: What are your thought on FFP?

If you can score high percentage consistent hits on a coyote in full RUN even at KNOWN distances beyond 200 yards I'm the virgin Mary, but I fully agree that FFP is great for hunting. I entered a whole new world when I topped my p. dog rifle with an FFP.

Chuff. Your sig rocks. Hands down the most beneficial thing today. Tell me you know her.

Can someone MIL them things on the move?? I'd love to make sure my shot hit them dead center....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: orkan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">blah blah blah.

We've got 129 coyotes killed in the last month and half. A good many of which have my bullets in them. I have nothing to prove to you people. So keep talking out the side of your face. I'll be out killing things with my inferior FFP. </div></div>

Curious as to how many guys is "WE" ?

Since you can take the time to snap 'through the scope' pics of your neighbors house to illustrate a point, surely you've got hero shots of all those dead coyotes? I sure as heck would if I killed that many. Chit, I'd make a friggin' pyramid with them and climb on top with a Romeo Y Jules jammed in the corner of my poop eatin' grin...

Regarding a FFP for hunting, I think the Gen II Mildot, with it's bold outer posts and inner subtensions, offers a very nice "compromise" of usage throughout it's power range...

Is a FFP necessary or more advantageous to kill coyotes with?
Given the fact that most <span style="font-style: italic">called</span> coyotes are killed well within the point blank range of any common rifle caliber, I really can't see the need. If someone has got to be shooting at runnin' away coyotes at beyond that distance often enough to comment on it, then it's safe to say that person is a pretty either a pretty lowsy coyote caller, getting busted on stand, or both. Best way to kill a runnin' coyote is to kill it before it starts runnin'...
wink.gif

For deer, just use a friggin' range finder and dial your dope. Swag the wind & have at it...

I do like my FFP optic and see the advantages in some hunting situations but this thread, well it is starting to smell.
wsw96r.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: brand692</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Chuff. Your sig rocks. Hands down the most beneficial thing today. Tell me you know her.
</div></div>

I know that .gif has been passed around signature lines and avatars here since before 1/2 the membership was membership here...........oops, should i have waited to hear someone claim carnal knowledge of that young lady?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sobrbiker883</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: brand692</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Chuff. Your sig rocks. Hands down the most beneficial thing today. Tell me you know her.
</div></div>

I know that .gif has been passed around signature lines and avatars here since before 1/2 the membership was membership here...........oops, should i have waited to hear someone claim carnal knowledge of that young lady? </div></div>

No. It's been in my sig off and on since I joined the site. Her name is Shay Laren, and she's a Penthouse Pet. Naked pictures of her abound all over the internet, but her bouncing is mesmerizing.

Okay, back in range. My 2 cents.
1. I agree whole heartly with Knockemdown.Well put in your last post.
2. I hunt Big game all over the world. I very really will even think about taking a very very very very low percentage shot like a shot at a running big game animal.
3. orkan I see your 123 coyotes and raise you 184 springbok last year on African cull hunt. When shooting head and neck shots at more than 400 yards you need range finder. Dial scope in and shoot. No hold overs or estimate distances.
4. Glen put it really well also when it come to hunting.
5. I am learning tactical comp shooting. I do have a S&B 5x25 PMII p4f in second focal plain as well as S&B 4x16 pmII p4f First focal plain. So to the guys that think I am talking theory Your wrong I use them.
6. I will reserve right on decision about using ffp in tactical comps. B/c of my un experience in this at this time.
7. BUT FOR HUNTING BIG GAME IN MOST SITUATIONS WOODS, PLAINS, AFRICA,ASIA, SOUTH AMERICA,NEW ZEALAND,AT LONG RANGE ( RANGE THE ANIMAL ) DIAL SCOPE AND SHOOT.
8. CLOSE SHOTS IN COVER, OR LOW LIGHT CONDITIONS YOU BETTER HAVE SECOND FOCAL PLAIN

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: knockemdown</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: orkan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">blah blah blah.

We've got 129 coyotes killed in the last month and half. A good many of which have my bullets in them. I have nothing to prove to you people. So keep talking out the side of your face. I'll be out killing things with my inferior FFP. </div></div>

Curious as to how many guys is "WE" ?

Since you can take the time to snap 'through the scope' pics of your neighbors house to illustrate a point, surely you've got hero shots of all those dead coyotes? I sure as heck would if I killed that many. Chit, I'd make a friggin' pyramid with them and climb on top with a Romeo Y Jules jammed in the corner of my poop eatin' grin...

Regarding a FFP for hunting, I think the Gen II Mildot, with it's bold outer posts and inner subtensions, offers a very nice "compromise" of usage throughout it's power range...

Is a FFP necessary or more advantageous to kill coyotes with?
Given the fact that most <span style="font-style: italic">called</span> coyotes are killed well within the point blank range of any common rifle caliber, I really can't see the need. If someone has got to be shooting at runnin' away coyotes at beyond that distance often enough to comment on it, then it's safe to say that person is a pretty either a pretty lowsy coyote caller, getting busted on stand, or both. Best way to kill a runnin' coyote is to kill it before it starts runnin'...
wink.gif

For deer, just use a friggin' range finder and dial your dope. Swag the wind & have at it...
</div></div>

Best post I have seen in a long time...

orkan... this BS meter is for you...

Z-BSmeter.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: orkan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">blah blah blah.

the BS meter is on tilt and over heating... slow down son !

I did shoot a deer in TX with my 5-25 SB scoped .308. Yep, i was hunting with cactus weapons for a couple days. Ranged the corn feeder every which way waiting for it to kick on and the fun begin. Thats the only time i have used it to range for hunting. range finder confirmed it at 125yds.

laugh.gif

Sorry couldn't resist.

Scopes are just tools. Lots of choices for every reason a guy needs. Just pick your poison and have fun. If everyone shot in the same place with the same rifle, same eyes and the same day im sure we would all agree on the same scope....well maybe not
crazy.gif

have a good Tuesday

heatseekns, I call B.S. flag... Most feeders are 75 yds. away. Are you sure you ranged it correctly.lol...lol...

Your response seems to be in a foreign tongue....allow me to translate.

"Once again I have backed myself into a corner by crawfishing on my original posts assertions. Instead of simply manning up and admitting my error I will make outlandish claims of my superior skillset, based only on my fantasy riddled daydreams and attempt to distract you from my original erroneous statements. "

Ohh almost forgot...in response to your 129 dead coyotes....I killed a gopher with a stick
wink.gif

We are taking pictures this thursday.

... and as for consistently hitting a running coyote past 200yds? I do it nearly every time we go out. Ever heard of an AR15? 20rnd mags, and my red dodge is known as "the interceptor." (consequently keeps falling apart. They dont build em like they used to) I've been shooting running coyotes for better than 18 years.

All the internet badasses can call bullshit all you want. How many times have you been out this year? My bet is most of you are lucky if the wife lets you out of the house more than once a month... if that. I pull the trigger on something nearly every day on the way to work, and am out all weekend... pretty much every weekend.

Here's a pic we took last weekend. Pretty slow day. I think I only killed 4 that day.
IMG_3285.JPG

Keep running your mouths bitches. It entertains me.
smile.gif

Just because you went around and collected yotes from all your buddies, In fact some look pretty stiff. Guys do that down here also. They go out and goose hunt with 10 guys then put all the birds for the day together and pose for pictures. It looks like the one guy shot many birds.
GUESS YOU AND YOUR BUDDIES KNOW THAT TRICK ALSO...LOL...LOL...
OH, your picture of 8 or 10 coyotes are a far cry from 123....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: THUNDERBOLT68</div><div class="ubbcode-body">In fact some look pretty stiff.</div></div>

Its 10 degrees here. ... are they suppose to be soft?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: orkan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We are taking pictures this thursday.

... and as for consistently hitting a running coyote past 200yds? I do it nearly every time we go out. Ever heard of an AR15? </div></div>

In other words you spray and pray and sometimes you catch one, which is exactly what I thought. Not exactly the range instinctively, calculate lead values on the fly, and drop the yote impression you were trying to leave us with earlier. I'd venture to say that either ffp or sfp will work just fine for emptying a 20 round in the general direction of a running coyote.

Don't claim to be an internet badazz, never did. If I were runnin' my mouth like one, I'd sure have a Photobucket account full of dead bodies to back my ramblings up though...

Although I usually hunt with an AR, I had a hankering to blood up the .243 over the weekend, for a goof. Of three called on this stand, they all died.
Difference, they died running TOWARD me, not away...
OPHA2010027.jpg

You are funny, man. The only one taking YOU seriously is YOU. Lighten up & have some fun. Life ain't a fuggin' contest...

Oh ya, note the uber-necesary FFP optic
wink.gif

And I lost that crapola rear cap. Anyone know the BC size for the PH 3-15 objective off the top of their head?

What ever. The picture tells exactly what I said.
You shot 4 ???? and the rest of the 6 or 7 are your buddies.
I guess collecting the coyotes that way you probably could have collected 129.

What makes you think I'm upset? It is a little mind blowing to think that you look at a picture like that and see 6-7 dogs. lol There are 17 in that picture.

Only thing that tells me is you've never shot enough of them to know what a pile of yotes looks like thunderbolt.

As for the spray and pray bullshit... no I don't think so. I have not had one get away from me this year that was inside of 400yds. Want to share pictures? Ok.

12-29-06.jpg

01.01.06.jpg

12-03-06.jpg

12-14-06.jpg

01-13-07.jpg

01-19-07.jpg

11-06-07.jpg

11-08-07.jpg

12-19-07a.JPG

yote_2.jpg

I could go on for a long time.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: orkan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

... and as for consistently hitting a running coyote past 200yds? I do it nearly every time we go out. Ever heard of an AR15? 20rnd mags,

I pull the trigger on something nearly every day on the way to work, and am out all weekend... pretty much every weekend.

Keep running your mouths bitches. It entertains me.
smile.gif
</div></div>

So now instead of using an FFP to accurately measure distance and speed you are just spraying and praying...that's a pretty fast 180 on your original bullshit. You might want to get a neck brace something is likely to get kinked.

I pull the trigger on something on my way to work and on my way home...453 days a year (I get more days cuz I am a bad ass killer), and 4 days every weekend. Ever heard of 21 rd mags????? they are way badder than just 20 rd mags.

Keep runnin your mouth BITCH it just gives us more ammo
wink.gif

Your right I have not seen truck full of yotes.
My circle of friends do not coyote hunt. So I can not go collect all the coyotes taken by several guys and claim I shot them, Oh ya. at 200 to 400 yards running.. with ffp on an AR

Yeah... I killed 4 that day. So what? I said that, didn't I? There was at least 6 of us that day. Thats a pretty even spread. Show me where I said that "I" killed 129. I said WE.

All the guys I hunt with are skilled. I'm not saying I'm anything special. But a lot of you don't seem to have a clue. You think a coyote inside 200yds is hard to hit? Hell, there is less than a dozen that have got away from us all year.

How many have you killed this year smokshwn? How about you thunderbolt?

The barn picture makes my point. I suppose you shot all those animals to...lol...lol..
Or is it you and 2 or 3 shot them in a weekend, running at 200 to 400 yards..LOL... LOL...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: THUNDERBOLT68</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The barn picture makes my point. I suppose you shot all those animals to...lol...lol.. </div></div>

Nope, but your dumb ass sure fell into the trap. That picture has been circling the internet for a decade.

Btw... knockemdown... that looks like some beautiful country. I wish I had a place like that to go calling. Here, I call sloughs, tree strips, and CRP fields. Thats about all we have for cover.

Didn't look like you had any problem getting a triple with that shitty FFP.
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lindy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Are you sure that was a gopher, and not a badger?
laugh.gif

</div></div>

Lindy,

I have mad respect for you and do not want to be forced to embarass you, please do not question my superior skills. I have clearly posted statements in this thread indicating I am a badass killer. Therefor regardless of how many times I change my story my opinions shall not be questioned.
smirk.gif

Should you continue to question me I shall be forced to post a pic of a truck bed full of dead gophers.

At least we are all on the same page.
smile.gif

Shokshwn, your jealousy is eeking out of your posts.

Have you even been hunting this year? Do you hunt at all? If so, do you use a FFP?

Well once again you make my point...
You probably go up to every person in your county and ask to take pictures of their coyotes and then post them as yours....
Oh, you have already done it once, I guess your creditablity is shot now...
I guess your right, why stop at just the pictures, add the story line about shooting these animals at 200 to 400 on the run.

Thank you for being Mr. Humble 2.0. I was starting to miss the original, but you've filled the void nicely.

Im curious as to how this topic has gotten so train wrecked and is now off on the tangent of coyotes. FFP vs SFP...pick your poison, but from a "tactical shooting" standpoint id want FFP. SFP has its places as well, just not on any of my guns, cuz i dont hunt much anymore.

LOL..LOL...LOL... Orkan, you take pictures of all you and your buddies kills of fox and coyotes and call your self a bad ass killer.lol...lol...lol...

Yes your right I am done. Sorry for train wreck on thread. I do think for tactical shooting ffp. for hunting spf.

T-Bolt, im the same way. If i had any hunting rifles or rifles that would be dedicated woods guns, they would wear SFP scopes. Range It, Dial It, Dump It. But the only shooting i do these days is the tactical side of the house, so a SFP hasnt the slightest bit of appeal or usefulness to me right now.

Tell yourself whatever makes you happy thunderbolt.
smile.gif
I don't recall where I called myself a badass killer. However, I do hunt... a lot. As per the internet norm however, no one believes anything outside of their little world.
smile.gif

I see, the intercepter. So you got 10 trucks running the piss out of coyote taking pop shots from the road and more than lilkey never getting out of the truck. Good job! Only 12 got away, what happened? run out of gas, bullets, or light first.

4 or 5 trucks actually, running the piss out of them. ... and we don't get out of the truck unless we have to. ... and no its usually from the middle of a field somewhere.

The snow makes it hard to get around sometimes... so they got to where the pickups couldn't get.
smile.gif
129 dead, 12 got away. Thats still pretty good. However, of the 12 that got away, its likely we killed some of them the next time out... so I'm not sure how many got away.

If you are about to start the bleeding heart for the coyotes... spare me. Its a public service. One that the local farmers are very happy about. Fear not however, most of them are dead before they make it a mile.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: orkan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">At least we are all on the same page.
smile.gif

Shokshwn, your jealousy is eeking out of your posts.

Have you even been hunting this year? Do you hunt at all? If so, do you use a FFP?</div></div>

He probably hasn't, he is too busy railing his hot ass woman!!!

Every place in the world is exactly like everyones little space, didnt you know that? But what do you expect, most fucking places have way more of these than coyotes these days.

122306_wrong.jpg

I don't get it, do people call bullshit because the are jealous or because they have never had the opportunity to actually do anything near as fun? Too much estrogen.

Given the pic above, I wouldn't call bullshit cuz I was jealous. I would call bullshit cuz I don't think he is all the way in you yet.
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: smokshwn</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Given the pic above, I wouldn't call bullshit cuz I was jealous. I would call bullshit cuz I don't think he is all the way in you yet.
wink.gif
</div></div>

Sounds like you're speaking from experience. I know Mormon land must be boring, but cmon, surely theres a better way to spend your time.