• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What arrogance.

Maggot

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood"
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jul 27, 2007
    Virginia
    Guy goes has contractors go onto his neighbors property and cut down 32 mature trees so he can have a better view of NYShitty. He thought he'd only pay a minimal fine but looks like its going to bite him in the ass to the tune of a couple million. What fucking arrogance..

Man fined for cutting down 32 of neighbor's trees in New ...​

1698790450305.png
    USA Today
    https://www.usatoday.com › nation › 2023/06/28 › m...

Jun 28, 2023 — Grant Haber, the Denise Drive property owner who allegedly ordered the work done, could face penalties of up to $1,000 per tree, Linson said.

• Haha
    Reactions: Bradu
    I hate it when people needlessly destroy mature trees. My parents have 2 separate neighbors who removed a total of four 60yo pine trees. You ask them why and they say something stupid like they don’t want squirrels coming in their yards (doesn’t stop them for even a second) or they just wanted something else.

In the meantime, they plant stuff that is seasonal and constantly dying and their houses and cars are being destroyed by the sun.

It’s their stuff, i get it. I just hate to see beautiful trees that have been growing for decades and have shaded 2-3 families get destroyed in an hour by someone who has lived there for 3 months.

Tree shade is awesome- but not at the risk of falling limbs (widow makers), or falling trees. Also, insurance companies often require major tree trimming or removal before they'll offer coverage, and in some states like Florida, there are too few home insurance companies- so owners often make the smart decision to choose home insurance over a tree.

Trees are a naturally renewing resource, and worrying about what the neighbors do with their trees- is a first world problem.