• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

what bullet weight for a noveske 18" barrel 5.56

handym3000

Private
Minuteman
Feb 28, 2009
illinois
I just put together a new ar-15 for my self.

i picked a 18" barrel light weight profile.

1/7 pt twist

what bullet weight range would you guys recommend?

i know it has to be heavier than 55 grains from all of my research

Re: what bullet weight for a noveske 18" barrel 5.56

The 69gr. and 77gr. Sierra's have been the most accurate out of my 18" Noveske SPR barrel.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: handym3000</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just put together a new ar-15 for my self.

i picked a 18" barrel light weight profile.

1/7 pt twist

what bullet weight range would you guys recommend?

<span style="color: #000099">i know it has to be heavier than 55 grains form all of my research</span> </div></div>

really

what powder would you also suggest?

h335, varget, rl-15?

or what other powder would you suggest

77gr Nosler Custom Comp with Alliant AR-Comp powder. VARGET also works well for these bullets, as should RL-15 since it's very similar to AR-C.

Varget, RL-15, and Ramshot TAC have all worked well with the 69's and 77's. RL-15 and the 69 SMK being my favorite combo.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hornady 75bthp</div></div>

+1. I recently switched from 77smk's to Horn 75bthp's. They're shooting well. I'm loading 8208 on a progressive. I had used weighed charges of Varget & 77smk's with good results. The 8208 loads are just as accurate, but with a little lower velocity. YMMV.

i have varget so i will stick with that.

75 grain bthp hornady for me

thanks guys