• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

what bullet weight to use in Creedmore for 1000yds?

soda can sniper

Private
Minuteman
Aug 3, 2014
Asking for info on shooting my new creed 6.5 got it zeroed out to 500yds allsome rifle 308 has been rifle of choice this 6.5 amazed me on consistent target hits which for me has been the soda can. I load my own ammo. The longest hit so far has been soda can at 1000yds took 2and 1/2 years to get there. Best group on paper was 6and 3/4 inch 147 winn 308 boats want to get creed out there don't want to spend so much time so kindly asking thanks

Tks bought one box of factory 140 gr a max gonna have to orderbox of bullets for reload the rifle is very heavy

JGorski you discribed a dream rifle mine is the savage precision bull trig set at 7 oz.scope is second gen aim 10/40/50 gen 1 works on my 308 the creed shows remarkable grouping so far group of three at 100 yds was 1 bullet hole my wife shot 1/2 inch at 100 yds then 200 than 300 only cans than went to paper to xero at 500 3 shots was 1and1/8th inch it made me and my wife happy she quit being mad about the cost. I thought the 308 winn was a great shooter but maybe creed? Hope it hits soda cans likemy 308 bolt.

For 6.5s whether it be 260, 6.5 creed more, etc the 139-142 class bullets are going to be the ticket here with their higher BCs. If you have the lighter bullets you can get them moving to fly a bit flatter and make up for the slightly lower BCs, but you also need to take into account what targets you're going to be shooting. High velocities are hell on steel targets.

My range is in frostproof bought a Michigan Loader and cleared some land built a platform 4ft off ground been shooting sense 2010 started trying to shoot 1000yds with 308 inmemory of fallen nephew who thought I could he was going to be my spotter but I had a 4 Wheeler accident was bed ridden for 7months he was killed a week after my injury couldn't make his funeral so decided to try to make the shot 1000yds target soda can hardest thing ever tried to do took 2 1/2 years can hit a soda can now with my 308 want to try now with Creedmore yes soda can with water vaporize good so I don't need it to hit to hard just consistent and precise.

140 hybrid REALLY outperformed every bullet I've shot past 1,000. Up to that point , they are all pretty good but they all start falling off while the hybrid keeps on rolling. I've shot 136, 139 scenars, 140 amax, 130, 140 vld, 142 smk, and the hybrid outperformed all of them there and at farther ranges. It seems to cut through wind like a hot knife through butter. Plus the low bearing surface really gets them rolling. If I had to pick a second , it'd be the 130 vld, while it's SUPER FLAT , and works good for shooting deer at longer ranges.

Here's 4 shots at 890 yards with the 140 hybrid. I think it was 2" or so. I love that bullet!!!

My range is in frostproof bought a Michigan Loader and cleared some land built a platform 4ft off ground been shooting sense 2010 started trying to shoot 1000yds with 308 inmemory of fallen nephew who thought I could he was going to be my spotter but I had a 4 Wheeler accident was bed ridden for 7months he was killed a week after my injury couldn't make his funeral so decided to try to make the shot 1000yds target soda can hardest thing ever tried to do took 2 1/2 years can hit a soda can now with my 308 want to try now with Creedmore yes soda can with water vaporize good so I don't need it to hit to hard just consistent and precise.

Sorry to hear about your nephew, glad you recovered from your accident. That is cool you have a place to shoot like that, I have to use a cow pasture and usually out of back of the truck because grass is so high. Hitting a can at 1k yrds is impressive no matter what you use.

I have a buddy on here that shoots 140 berger's out of a 22" 6.5CM Spartan and can make hits to 1 mile with it...think you'd be gtg at 1000

Go with 140 class bullets for sure. I've used 123's out to 1k but in tricky winds it became hard to get hits. 130's do good too.

140 hybrids when you can find them.

I am knee deep in 139 Scenars and they shoot great out of my gun to 1200 yds.

2845 fps with very low ES/SD

Has anyone tried the 130 grain jlk / swamp works bullets? On their website they say there 130 grain bullet is the same as the 140 just with less weight. I would think that would translate to the same bc and the lower weight would mean u could push them faster...just curious if anyone has gotten a hold of those bullets and tried them . I would think they could potentially shoot flatter than the 140 berger....

2 inch group at 890 yds is great got to get some 140 hybreds I sure want to group better than 6inch at 1000yds. Used to take alot of lives in years past . My range is also my cow pasture And a few years ago one came up from behing a target and i shot 1 inch and bullet druped my cow 60 yds behind 300 yds kept thinking what if it had been poacher so no more shooting off ground built platform that was my 308 . Use a trailer with box full of sand now pull it where needed cows have right of way.

Has anyone tried the 130 grain jlk / swamp works bullets? On their website they say there 130 grain bullet is the same as the 140 just with less weight. I would think that would translate to the same bc and the lower weight would mean u could push them faster...just curious if anyone has gotten a hold of those bullets and tried them . I would think they could potentially shoot flatter than the 140 berger....

I got 400 of the 130 jlk's from Swampy. They shot terrible. The stated bc on those was not accurate. I sold 300 of them.

soda can sniper said:
I sure want to group better than 6inch at 1000yds.

Even if your weapon system (rifle, optic and ammunition) is capable of that...are *you*?

NnyOne thing for me that that I learned was also for me to hit my soda cans at 1000yds Had to stop drinking sodas coffee tea don't smoke so don't know if that would have been a factor get good rest eat no high surgar food like frosting on cake lie at night pulling the trigger on my 308 rifle . For me it was very hard to try hitting the soda cans at first friends would say poke the paper or can and say I done it. To me honor is a life style chetin not in the mix. On memorial day of 2013 with only 10 rds I went from 600 yds strait to 1000yds took 7 shots to walk down range the spoter said he saw impact one ft away from soda can adjusted he said he saw a hit oback then we filled cans with sand now water. Last two rds went in paper target both hit 3and 1/4 inches from center. Witnesses signed the target soda can was ingraved in memory of Shane Timothy Wilks.and found the bullet that went thru the can of sand.its back in the casing which also is in graved. All is framed and sits on my wall . Tears fell that day . The odd thing my accident happened on memorial day 2009. 2010 started on journey to do myshot for Shane. Thanks to all who have helped .And those of you now for your comments and insight I now shoot because I want to shoot better I was told to give Creedmore a try I still shoot my 308 it has become an extension of me. After the first 1000yd shot the local newspaper did a page of the shot week later unbeleavers came to my range and watched me hit a soda can 2 times in a roll.that can also sits on my eall as a reminder of my error of letting those unbeleavers intice me to shoot for there whims.Funny thing all the unbeleavers I never saw before.

Here, Have some ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, and these..............

Welcome to the hide.