• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What caliber (6.5 Creed or 300WM) would be the better choice?

When you look at the balisitics charts, .300win mag is also SIGNIFICANTLY less effected by aerolas effect as well, which is often overlooked when shooting ELR.
It freezes the time-space continuum. Matrix level shit.

• Haha
Reactions: HiDesertELR
If you want to take the 6.5 CM to a mile I recommend going to the range looking at the target from a mile through your rifle scope, keep rifle on safe until ready to fire, get in car or truck with rifle, drive 760yds towards target get rifle out of car or truck, look at target through rifle scope, take off safe and take the shot.......see how easy it can be to take a 6.5CM to a mile not hard at all.

Hello everyone, I am just getting into long range shooting and am deciding to purchase a new B/A rifle. I would like to know what caliber I should go with. I plan on shooting up to a mile, if I can. Currently, my "long range" experience, if you can call it that, is with a Mosin Nagant 91-30, iron sites, at up to 400 yards. Any and all comments are much appreciated.
.50 BMG is what you seek

Don’t get a .308
1597283244657.png

Yep. Get a 30-06

Yum

Are you planning on accounting for spin drift in your calculations for shooting that far?

Seriously!!! Unlike some of these guys playing games I am asking a serious question.

Answering this question can make a difference in my response.

By the way ignore the grouchy guys giving you a hard time.

6.5 PRC

Rifles get lonely so you'll ultimately have both, start with a 6.5 PRC and get it a big brother 300PRC.

Will you guys be nice so the OP will answer my question. It will allow us to give him better information.
@Bender
You know thats only possible with the correct data inputs. Thats why I am asking serious questions. We need to ascertain this information so he is not led astray by the Neanderthals or 260 crowd

Reactions: Bender
Will you guys be nice so the OP will answer my question. It will allow us to give him better information.
@Bender
You know thats only possible with the correct data inputs. Thats why I am asking serious questions. We need to ascertain this information so he is not led astray by the Neanderthals or 260 crowd
There can be no serious discussion of spinD in The Pit, I'm pretty sure there is a law against that. Hell, you might even get a visit from the Ban Cat for trying. If only there was a place on SH where one could have an honest discussion about calibers for one mile shooting, spinD, and related topics...Oh well, maybe they could incorporate such a sub-forum into the improved Hide via the site survey mentioned above. ;)

Are you planning on accounting for spin drift in your calculations for shooting that far?

Seriously!!! Unlike some of these guys playing games I am asking a serious question.

Answering this question can make a difference in my response.

By the way ignore the grouchy guys giving you a hard time.

Sorry for the late response, yes I will be

6.5 Creed is an extremely accurate weapon, but its effective range may be slightly limited.
Due to its flat trajectory, .300 Win Mag can shoot out to 1500+ meters, while 6.5 Creedmoor is limited to closer to 1200 meters.
Depends upon your shooting range now, which one suits you more.

If your mile long range is oriented East-West and you are shooting to the west, then I would go with 300WM as it would not be affected by the prevailing winds and jet-stream as much. Conversely, if you are shooting to the east then I would go with the 6.5CM to take advantage of that boost in performance. If your range is oriented north-south then all bets are off and I would find a new range where you can shoot 1 mile.

• Haha
Reactions: deersniper
I would drive a car to go fast and a truck to to move stuff.....Both will go a mile easily.

.300 Win Mag. I run a 215 Berger Hybrid in Winchester brass with 76.6 grains of H1000, I get 2900 FPS out of my 28" barrel and make hits at 1,680 yards no problem. A mile is easily doable with the .300 win mag.

Well I have both abd prefer the 260 but cheap ammo for creed was enough to change.... maybe
Meant difference between Neanderthal and .260 aficionado 😉. Sorry sarc font failed to engage 😂