• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

What cleaning kit do you use?

Re: What cleaning kit do you use?

- Lucas Bore Guide
- Gunslick cleaning rod
- .30 cal brush and jag
- Sweets 7.62 in the rare occasion that she gets a clean
- Rem Oil
- Sentry Solution Tuff Cloth
- Sentry Solutions Smooth Kote

I rarely clean. Im more concerned with rust forming than cleaning. If accuracy dies i will clean but until then I preserve my barrel by NOT going mental on the cleaning side of things.

Bore snake, Dewey cleaning rod and jags, and IOSSO Bore Cleaner. That's about it. Oh and a bore guide.

Carbon rod, bore guide, cotton patches with Hoppes #9. Sweets for copper with bronze brush, only after accuracy degrades. Hoppes oil for wiping down steel afterward. Pretty simple.

Segmented steel M16 cleaning rod and a stainless steel brush.

If I want to get it extra clean I wrap some steel wool around the brush and use a drill to spin it while moving it forward and back.

Is this the twentieth cleaning gear thread this month yet?

Seriously, a Dewey rod, lucas guide and parker hale jag will get it done. A Otis kit is good for the field and a bore snake is all she gets after a range day.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LoneWolfUSMC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Segmented steel M16 cleaning rod and a stainless steel brush.</div></div>

EEK! I thought you were serious for a minute.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LoneWolfUSMC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Segmented steel M16 cleaning rod and a stainless steel brush.

If I want to get it extra clean I wrap some steel wool around the brush and use a drill to spin it while moving it forward and back.

Is this the twentieth cleaning gear thread this month yet?

Seriously, a Dewey rod, lucas guide and parker hale jag will get it done. A Otis kit is good for the field and a bore snake is all she gets after a range day.</div></div> Thanks for the laugh.

-Lucas Bore Guide
-KG-1, KG-12, KG-3, KG-4
-Dewey Nylon Coated Rods
-Bore Tech Proof positive jags and brushes
-Cleaning patches

I really recommend KG-1 and KG-12 I found them to be the most effective for carbon and copper respectively.

Lucas Bore Guide.
Dewey's Rod.
Hoppes 9 (for bore)
Break Free CLP (bolt, other parts and final bore pass)
Brass Bore Brush (for heavy fouling)
Patches

+1 on OTIS kits and Mike Lucas's bore guides.

All you need in addition are good rods/jags, some patches, Wipe Out, <span style="text-decoration: underline">nylon</span> brushes and some CLP.

Otis, cotton patches, Butch's bore shine, Wipe-out foam bore cleaner, Sweet's 7.62, kroil oil, tetra oil or grease.

Some combination of the above with only cotton patches and cleaning cables. I don't use brushes, jags or cleaning rods.

Bore guide from Midway USA, the rest are from Walmart.