• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

what concealed pants are you using and why?

Prebanpaul

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 2, 2009
Akron Ohio Summit

I have been looking at two, the ccw break aways and woolrich. Pros and cons. I carry a shield.

American Eagle's line of denim jeans really lets me IWB carry pretty easily...

There are also offerings from Levis that work quite well but I like the look and fit of American Eagle better.

Standard blue jeans or khakis one size up, tuckable Galco or Crossbreed holster, nice shirt in tall sizes (I'm 6'3" anyhow) for full coverage that is a bit loose to not print as much if tucked or to cover more if left out. I haven't found any reason to wear anything different or designed specifically for concealed carry, and I carry 100% of the time while I'm in the US.

Whatever I want I just get them one size up so I have room for my crossbreed or white hat holster. When I go to places that I am not supposed to carry I still leave my holster on as my pants fit properly that way and as soon as I'm in my car my pistol goes right back in the holster.

Anything, just with a good pocket holster or my crossbreed mini tuck. The new concealed pants are starting to look like regular pants though. Before guys were walking around in 5.11 which were a giant sign that said, "I have a gun."

Out of the two you picked, I liked the Woolrich's better, they looked more like a normal pair of slacks.

why do you want to conceal your pants? the more people who know that you're wearing pants, the better.

Harley relax fit jeans. More room around the ball sac area for riding motorcycles, plus they are sized just right to hold my heavy pistol belt.

Last edited:
Vertx. They look good just folded, fit isn't too baggy, don't scream "TACTICAL," have a gusseted crotch, and have all the right pockets.

I use Smart-T Pants.?

They look like concealed pants, when in fact I'm not wearing any pants.

Last edited:
Grass skirt.

Really though, every time I see someone with cargo pocket pants, military style boots, "511" gear, etc. I think he's carrying. I can usually determine if this is true and even where the gun is. Not that I have a problem with that but as part of SA I want to know who is or is not armed. I try to dress like I normally would and avoid anything that's "tacticool". Dressing that way says to the bad guy(s) "I have a gun. Shoot me first." Just my opinion, YMMV.

Grass skirt.

Really though, every time I see someone with cargo pocket pants, military style boots, "511" gear, etc. I think he's carrying. I can usually determine if this is true and even where the gun is. Not that I have a problem with that but as part of SA I want to know who is or is not armed. I try to dress like I normally would and avoid anything that's "tacticool". Dressing that way says to the bad guy(s) "I have a gun. Shoot me first." Just my opinion, YMMV.

You can wear khaki pants without boots, without a knife clip, and so on. In fact, you can even wear khaki pants with sandals and a t-shirt. AND a Glock 17 AIWB........

2a6a34c6d1cd277c320663e7381d7f08.jpg

You can wear khaki pants without boots, without a knife clip, and so on. In fact, you can even wear khaki pants with sandals and a t-shirt. AND a Glock 17 AIWB........

Right, but it's the combo of all or some of the above that telegraphs "gun". But hey, everyone is free to dress however they like. I'm just saying if you look like you might be carrying I'll be looking for clips on your belt with or without crosses cut into them.

Want to be really inconspicuous? Dress like a hipster and CC under your ironic hat, in your skinny jeans, behind your handlebar mustache, etc. OK I'm kidding, please don't do the hipster thing but you get the point.

Right, but it's the combo of all or some of the above that telegraphs "gun". But hey, everyone is free to dress however they like. I'm just saying if you look like you might be carrying I'll be looking for clips on your belt with or without crosses cut into them.

Want to be really inconspicuous? Dress like a hipster and CC under your ironic hat, in your skinny jeans, behind your handlebar mustache, etc. OK I'm kidding, please don't do the hipster thing but you get the point.

I think that we're in agreement for the most part. There's guys that dress the look in order to.....dress the look and there's guys that quite frankly like the pants (like me) but know that say a knife clip is OK, boots are OK, but when you combine certain things, these "tells" SCREAM "I'm packing!" to anyone with a brain in their head. I wear sandals most of the time because I have to (fucked up tonenails from deployments) and I never, ever have protruding knife/flashlight clips. I also don't think that a shirt over an OWB holster that rides up easily is "concealment" either. I just like well made khaki pants with pockets that don't break the bank and can be worn at the range or at meetings.

I think that we're in agreement for the most part. There's guys that dress the look in order to.....dress the look and there's guys that quite frankly like the pants (like me) but know that say a knife clip is OK, boots are OK, but when you combine certain things, these "tells" SCREAM "I'm packing!" to anyone with a brain in their head. I wear sandals most of the time because I have to (fucked up tonenails from deployments) and I never, ever have protruding knife/flashlight clips. I also don't think that a shirt over an OWB holster that rides up easily is "concealment" either. I just like well made khaki pants with pockets that don't break the bank and can be worn at the range or at meetings.

Totally agree. It's the sum of the parts that make up the whole. Besides, your hippie sandals could offset wearing a shemagh and an NRA jacket (kidding).

Really though, thanks for pointing out that it's "looking the part" and not one piece of clothing that gives you away. My post could have been read as "don't ware X because it gives you away".

Totally agree. It's the sum of the parts that make up the whole. Besides, your hippie sandals could offset wearing a shemagh and an NRA jacket (kidding).

Really though, thanks for pointing out that it's "looking the part" and not one piece of clothing that gives you away. My post could have been read as "don't ware X because it gives you away".

*clink* :D

Just regular pants, usually something denim.

I just googled those pants you mentioned in the OP. Do not wear those. You might as well be wearing a fanny pack and a t-shirt that says, "I am carrying a gun."

Last edited:
Just regular pants, usually something denim.

I just googled those pants you mentioned in the OP. Do not wear those. You might as well be wearing a fanny pack and a t-shirt that says, "I am carrying a gun."

Oooo...yikes, I just googled them and I'm going with hell no. First a gun bouncing around in your pants without a proper holster is no good. Second, look at the draw. Step one; put hand in pocket (slow or you have to already have the grip established). Step two; twist muzzle towards YOUR JUNK. Step three; pull firearm or shoot yourself in the crotch. No sir, I don't like it. I don't like it one bit.

Last edited:
Ha ha So here is the deal, I have been carrying since the very first week Ohio let us carry. So over 10 years. I don't need a class on carry. I have shot my fair share of IDPA shoots. I do not go any where with out my gun, unless its a place with no carry. I am tired of stretching out a pair of pants, so the larger size is interesting, never thought of that.

As far as where its located I am not that worried about it. Any one carrying, has a gun pointed at some part of their body, If you have it on the inside of your pants. I have carried with a ton on pocket holsters as well.

Maybe I missed something but I don't understand where the first pair of pants screams I am packing. It looks like a pair of Kaks to me. The point of this was to see if there was something better out there than what I am doing now. I am not of the adage "don't fix what's not broken". I embrace change and if it is better I will use it. So I was simply asking what else is out there.

Ok now I feel severely underdressed

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

I've carried for many years. I use a SmartCarry holster (absolutely no affiliation), and I know there are other good holsters. I like this one because it fits well w/ an extended clip and laser. It is not unusual that I will have to check to make sure I remembered to put it on. Only complaint is it's a bit awkward in the bathroom - you really have to move the thing out of the way first... Also for my dress pants I have a an extra piece of cloth sewn inside under my right waist band, or eventually the butt wears through the material. Jeans are a bit stronger and don't wear out before I have a problem with the butt wearing through.

Last edited:
I try not to conceal my pant, and I wear regular clothing while concealing.