• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What Creates Wealth

orkan

Primal Rights, Inc.
Banned !
Minuteman
  • Oct 27, 2008
    South Dakota, USA
    www.primalrights.com
    Excellent video. Describes the difficulties that modern small businesses face. The need to stay focused on innovation is stronger than ever. The more we consumers applaud innovation, the better off we will be! It irritates me to see companies producing new shooting gear routinely getting attacked by the poo-poo patrol on various forums. We don't have to buy everything that's sold, but we should all encourage the practice of transforming ideas into creations!

The video makes one false assumption, that we live "better" than cave men. We live differently, but not necessarily better. Why? because knowledge, emphatically, does not equal wisdom. Wisdom is what really counts.

"Knowledge is power." Jefferson

"Knowledge may be power, but power without wisdom is folly." Maggot

Knowledge teaches how to split the atom. wisdom teaches how to heat homes one at a time rather than evaporate them all at once.

Unfortunately, most have stepped on wisdom to reach power, and that is why our world is in such a confused mess. Different, but not necessarily better, than the cave man.

Did you go out this morning to kill your food, freezing your ass off, while being hunted by some tiger or something?

If not, I'd say we live better. ;)

I get the gist of what you are saying though. Our family structure and society as a whole is CERTAINLY not better than it was, even 50yrs ago. Divorce rates are off the charts, and one only needs glance at a news website to see the flood of stupid shit happening on a daily basis, every single day.

Did you go out this morning to kill your food, freezing your ass off, while being hunted by some tiger or something?

If not, I'd say we live better. ;)

I get the gist of what you are saying though. Our family structure and society as a whole is CERTAINLY not better than it was, even 50yrs ago. Divorce rates are off the charts, and one only needs glance at a news website to see the flood of stupid shit happening on a daily basis, every single day.

No, but the caveguy or girl didnt have to deal with crazy people in big metal boxes going 75 miles an hour while texting, putting on lipstick, and talking on the phone, all at once. Stress is stress, Dead is dead.

No, but the caveguy or girl didnt have to deal with crazy people in big metal boxes going 75 miles an hour while texting, putting on lipstick, and talking on the phone, all at once.
    Dealing with that shit is a choice... just like everything else is. I don't deal with much of that... by choice. If I wanted even less of that, there are places I could live where I'd have virtually zero of it.

Dealing with that shit is a choice... just like everything else is. I don't deal with much of that... by choice. If I wanted even less of that, there are places I could live where I'd have virtually zero of it.

and then youd be living like cave guy...but at least yud have a gun to fight the tigers......LOL

Man, even the nostalgia was better in the old days ;)

Don't sell the cave men too short. They had to have an incredible amount of knowlege and skill to craft weapons and employ strategies good enough to keep their familys fed and alive. We are here as proof of their success. Most "modern" people would quickly perish if dumped in a remote area with no food, tools, smart phones. That being said the guy is right about the rest of it.

What creates wealth?

Saving 10% - 20% of what you make each week, paying it to yourself first, and putting it somewhere where it will show wealth building growth. If one does this from age 18, the growth is compounded and can move well over the 1 million dollar mark after 20 years. What one does not do is buy 24" wheels, live in credit card debt, use pay as you go plans on bought items(bad credit plans), and waste money on nails, hair, and clothes.
    Smart money checks, then purchases a nice, moderate home, owns a moderate car or a less expensive ratchet model( daily driven/project)

What NOT to do:
    DO NOT go buy a long range rifle, reloading equipment, and shooting gear. YOU WILL GO BROKE really fast, and all your money will go up in smoke and recoil!

Don't sell the cave men too short. They had to have an incredible amount of knowlege and skill to craft weapons and employ strategies good enough to keep their familys fed and alive. We are here as proof of their success. Most "modern" people would quickly perish if dumped in a remote area with no food, tools, smart phones. That being said the guy is right about the rest of it.

Very true, but so would most cavemen. You move one out of the climate zone they are in to a zone at least two numbers different without tools they would also not last long. Granted longer than most would live longer than a modern person.

I am sure I could make a go of it here in ND but drop me in the swamps of La. With tools lack of knowledge would get me killed very fast.