• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What desert boot do you ware

Re: What desert boot do you ware

I am a big fan of the 5.11 HRT boots. I have bought 2 pairs, the first in desert tan and the second in Coyote. They are the most comfortable boots I have ever tried. LAPG has them for an awesome price right now, I might order another pair for when these two wear down.
http://www.lapolicegear.com/5tahwabocobr.html

Re: What desert boot do you wear?

I have both Oakleys and UA Speedfreeks and they both have been great and hold up really well.

Are you asking about duty or off duty wear? For duty, the Rocky S2V is very comfortable. For off duty desert wear, I love the Russell Moccasin Thula Thula boot. They are not cheap, but you cannot beat the fit if you take the measurements carefully.

The folks at Danner are some of the best around. I had a boot come apart on me what I considered prematurely, and not only did the offer me full replacement, but offered to upgrade my boot and shipping was free both ways. All this during the holiday season. Truth be told it was actually a defect if the soles they get from vibram and not Danner's craftsmanship. You cant go wrong with these folks.

I really liked the 5.11 boots I had, they were very light, and confortable (like a sneaker), but they didn't last like my Danner recraftable boots (also about 1/2 the price). I got about 1.5 years out of them, wearing them mostly during summers before the sides blew out.