• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What did 308 get his vacation for?

Maggot

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood"
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jul 27, 2007
    Virginia
    Just noted him as banned

He guessed $1 on the price of the blender and everybody else went over, so a won a trip to beautiful...

LnBuZw

Everybody has a different tolerance for "in your face" responses....
    It looks like that's just how he communicates.

Reactions: lash and Maggot
    Mod told him to chill; he said something to the effect of “no fucks given”.
    Not to mention it was in Practical Marksman Questions. Bugnut vs shouldered. Essentially bearpit behavior in regular threads, warned, didn't stop.

Last edited:
    Reactions: MarinePMI
    AKA...Social ignorance..
    Nothing against, 308, this isnt aimed at him, just a random thought, but an old buddy who sent me a letter from federal prison made the remark (paraphrased) "In here you can be anything you can lie about. A chickenthief can become a king." I see that a lot on the internet. Nobody's being 'operators'.

I have a best friend that communicates the exact same way.
    When I first met the guy - 5 minutes after meeting him - he's telling me I'm fucking full of shit and lying about something.
    I was like what the fuck is this guy's deal?
    I proved him wrong instead of taking offense. After a while I figured out he had thick skin and expected that everyone else did also.
    Replying in kind is what's expected.
    There's no actual animosity, that's just how he talks.

308 will never admit he is wrong.
    I had a client with five big buildings heated by boilers. They had a service contract for all five with a big, local HVAC company. They went to sell one of their buildings, and the buyer found some problems with the boilers. My client called the HVAC company to come fix the issues right before closing. They did. It probably wasn't more than ten grand. Then the HVAC company (who still had a comprehensive service contract for four buildings) knowing they were selling it demanded payment immediately, or they threatened to put a lien on the property and prevent the closing.

I tried to explain to one of the partners (an engineer) that while well within the law and their rights to do this, the reason this law was written that way was to prevent someone from contracting the work and then selling the building and never paying, but with a hundred thousand plus per year client with ongoing expenses that they always paid on-time such stupidity and insistence on pushing that maximum letter of the law was going to cost them dearly over absolutely nothing. The fucking idiot would not relent, and they not only lost all that business (my boss made me call and apologize for calling him "A fucking moron"), but I will never use them or recommend them to anyone ever again, so there went another couple of million dollars.

Was he "right"? Yes, and I admitted as much. That doesn't mean he wasn't a total fucking moron still being "right"...

I could see telling PMI “the older I get the less I give a fuck” not going over well. context matters, but timing does as well.

I don’t think it was “I don’t give a fuck what you say” in response to PMI, but more of a “I’m frustrated with having to pretend I don’t hate people I perceive as dumb” type situation and bad timing. I’m not on his side, but see both sides.

He is down in the Caribbean............Pirating.

Bear Pit behavior must be my standard I don't notice anything different.

Reactions: Maggot
    I guess I have no idea…I just assumed you said something to the effect of “I’m going to stab you with A soldering iron“. Which if you didn’t catch the Joe dirt reference is kinda, you know, threatening.

What I meant by “direct” was there’s a difference between “somebody needs to get stabbed” for example, and “I’m going to stab you”…which is closer to the actual quote.

Mark LaRue caught a permanent over on Arfcom.

He always wrote in bold text, like his comments carried more weight and he could turn childish with the insults if someone didn't agree with him.

Then Jesse James got dogpiled and chased off when he said his new can was less than 72 decibels and quieter than the bolt on an AR cycling.

• Haha
    Reactions: lash and BurtG
    Mark LaRue caught a permanent over on Arfcom.

He always wrote in bold text, like his comments carried more weight and he could turn childish with the insults if someone didn't agree with him.

Then Jesse James got dogpiled and chased off when he said his new can was less than 72 decibels and quieter than the bolt on an AR cycling.
    Kevin Brittham was here for a little bit under his own name. His posts in a couple threads got lots of laughs at. He left soon afterward.

You know, part of having to deal with people on a daily basis, is understanding their intent, and not dissecting their literal words, over what they are attempting to convey conceptually.

You might lower your stress and frustration a bit remembering that. Being right about the literal interpretation is great for negotiating contracts, and such, but not so great for open internet discussions. "Being right or correct", doesn't always mean that your are justified in your indignation. I get it, I work with a lot of engineers (hell, I am one). But, I've seen many an engineer that justified burning their own house down (and their careers) in the pursuit of "being right" over showing some moderate competency in the use of soft skills, to understand when "being right" isn't a hill worth dying on. A subtle correction in defined terms, while also stating (in the correct terms) what they are attempting to say, goes a long way to educating your fellow man, while also still demonstrating a firm and defined grasp of the topic. That gets respect, rather than the other path, which garners derision and contempt, regardless if you're correct or not.

Take it for what it's worth.

That's along way to go to say fuck you....🤣
    As I get older the less I give a fuck

The thread did not disappoint. Loved @MarinePMI's chill response

To be clear, 308Pirate got a 30 day ban because:

1. Stirring shit in technical threads with his abrasive behavior.

2. Giving shit to several new members, who asked basic questions, but didn't know enough to know how to ask the basic question.

None of them alone would have gotten him a vacation. However. When asked to chill, very nicely I might add, he proceeds to say "The older I get, the less fucks I give" or something to that effect.

Fine. Even that's not ban worthy.

What is ban worthy is, after making that post, then going to another thread and continuing his shit. That is certainly ban worthy, since that is just another weak assed, spineless, passive aggressive way of saying "Fuck you." And I, or any other mod for that matter, is not going to put up with that.

Now, people may think I have nothing better to do then play referee between all the various personalities on this site, but I do have a full time job. Granted, one that let's me check up on things periodically during the day, but I still have a job. Which means, I can't spend the bulk of my time on here, dealing with 2 or 3 fucking idiots, that don't have common manners, or think that the Hide is their personal fire hydrant to come in and piss all over whenever they have a bad day or feel like being a douche.

Nor does it give them free license to spew whatever bullshit they feel like, venting to the world. (Take note to those who know who you are)

One offs I have no particular issue with; everyone has a bad day. But when there is a clear and obvious pattern? Well, you're going to find yourself with time to go have a Snickers bar in the corner.

Mods spend roughly 80-90% of their time dealing with reports on the same 10% of the people who just can't figure out when to stop, or shut their proverbial fucking mouths. When that happens enough times, as a mod, you just think "Okay, you've been warned, but you think you're somehow untouchable. Wrong."

I'm a pretty laid back mod (I think)...until you piss me off by repeatedly breaking the rules, or feeling the need to push the boundaries. Since we have these "reality testers" here, then that means that occasionally, some reality needs to be meted out. I have had less problems with my kids, than some of the overinflated, chest thumping, bloviating egos here, so I guess I regress back to "dad role" and disciplinarian.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dad role: "You sure you wanna stick that penny in that light socket?"

Child role: "Yes, dammit! I know what I'm talking about!!!"

Dad role: "You know, that's going to hurt, right?"

Child role: "No it won't! I weigh xxx lbs, have rubber soled shoes on, have the wind speed velocity of a swallow, and know more than you do about this!"

Dad role: <sigh> "Okay. Try it out."

Child role: <inserts penny> Zzzzappppp! "Owwwwwwiiiiiii. That fucking hurts!"

Dad role: <as they walk away> "Maybe next time you'll listen. For now, just lay there, in pain, and think about it."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, now what I need, is someone to make a meme of a penny dropping, and it slowing spinning to a stop, and fall over. It'd make a nice addition to the ban cat...

Good day gentlemen.

2. Giving shit to several new members, who asked basic questions, but didn't know enough to how to ask the basic question.

None of them alone would have gotten him a vacation. However. When asked to chill, very nicely I might add, he proceeds to say "The older I get, the less fucks I give" or something to that effect.

What is ban worthy is, after making that post, then going to another thread and continuing his shit. That is certainly ban worthy, since that is just another weak assed, passive aggressive way of saying "Fuck you." And I, or any other mod, is not going to put up with that.

Now, people may think I have nothing better to do then play referee between all the various personalities on this site, but I have a full time job. Granted, one that let's me check up on things periodically during the day, but I still have a job. Which means, I can't spend the bulk of my time on here, dealing with 2 or 3 fucking idiots, that don't know common manners, or think that the Hide is their personal fire hydrant to come in and piss all over whenever they have a bad day, or feel like being a douche.

Nor does it give them free license to spew whatever bullshit they feel like, venting to the world. (Take note to those who know who they are)

One offs I have no particular issue with; everyone has a bad day. But when there is a clear and obvious pattern? Well, you're going to find yourself with time to go have a Snickers bar.

Mods spend roughly 80-90% of their time dealing with reports on the same 10% of the people who just can't figure out when to stop, or shut their proverbial fucking mouths. When that happens enough times, as a mod, you just think "Okay, you've been warned, but you think you're somehow untouchable. Wrong."

I'm a pretty laid back mod (I think)...until you piss me off by repeatedly breaking the rules, or feeling the need to push the boundaries. Since we have these "reality testers" here, then that means that occasionally, some reality needs to be meted out. I have had less problems with my kids, than some of the overinflated, chest thumping, bloviating egos here, so I guess I regress back to "dad role".

Child role: "No it won't! I weigh xxx lbs, have rubber soled shoes on, and know more than you do about this!"

Dad role: <as they walk away> "Maybe next time you'll listen. For now, just lay there, in pain, and think about it."

So, now what I need, is someone to make a meme of a penny dropping, and it slowing spinning to a stop, and fall over. It'd make a nice addition to the ban cat...

Good day gentlemen.
    Thats what I'd call a well rounded answer to my OP question. :cool:

^^^Damn, for sure somebody's gonna call me for brown nosing, LOL.

• Haha
    Reactions: lash
    Somebody's pissed,
    I'm sensing a vibe.....

• Haha

2. Giving shit to several new members, who asked basic questions, but didn't know enough to know how to ask the basic question.

What is ban worthy is, after making that post, then going to another thread and continuing his shit. That is certainly ban worthy, since that is just another weak assed, spineless, passive aggressive way of saying "Fuck you." And I, or any other mod for that matter, is not going to put up with that.

Now, people may think I have nothing better to do then play referee between all the various personalities on this site, but I do have a full time job. Granted, one that let's me check up on things periodically during the day, but I still have a job. Which means, I can't spend the bulk of my time on here, dealing with 2 or 3 fucking idiots, that don't have common manners, or think that the Hide is their personal fire hydrant to come in and piss all over whenever they have a bad day or feel like being a douche.

Nor does it give them free license to spew whatever bullshit they feel like, venting to the world. (Take note to those who know who you are)

One offs I have no particular issue with; everyone has a bad day. But when there is a clear and obvious pattern? Well, you're going to find yourself with time to go have a Snickers bar in the corner.

I'm a pretty laid back mod (I think)...until you piss me off by repeatedly breaking the rules, or feeling the need to push the boundaries. Since we have these "reality testers" here, then that means that occasionally, some reality needs to be meted out. I have had less problems with my kids, than some of the overinflated, chest thumping, bloviating egos here, so I guess I regress back to "dad role" and disciplinarian.

Child role: "No it won't! I weigh xxx lbs, have rubber soled shoes on, have the wind speed velocity of a swallow, and know more than you do about this!"

Good day gentlemen.
    That's a lot of words to say "fuck Me? No, fuck you!"

🤣 I kid

• Haha
    Reactions: FWoo45