• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What did you use to paint your rifle?

IMG_20120818_141607.jpg Newby here. Thought I'd see if I could post. I painted a rifle that my son bought. The rifle was in bad shape but shot good. I used od green and black aluma-hyde with a laundry net bag.

Marbled sponge. Not my first attempt. Base coat with Duracoat let cure. Used Rustoleum camo for sponge. Cut sponge into fat french fries, bout 3/4 by 3/4 by 4 inches. Rounded off the square ends, painted with 3/4 by 3/4 rounded edge of "fry". Dark color, light color then back with faint dark.

Last one I painted was over a year ago and I forgot the technique. Third try on this one to regain memory :)

Going to let cure for about 2 weeks before I clear coat with Duracoat Matte. If you don't let the rusto cure the Duracoat
can sometimes "melt" some of the colors. Hell, tried to use Duracoat during sponging and it ate at the sponge. Thats
why I sponged with the Rustoleum.

Course, that was cheap 4 pack of household cleaning sponges from walmart

Last edited: