• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What do the top 2 mile shooters use?

Maggot

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood"
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jul 27, 2007
    Virginia
    I thought they all shot Serbu's with Super Sniper scopes?

Need that 'extra' power of a threaded breech to keep all the BMG goodness on target.

Sirhr

Nope, not a serbu to be found on the line, and no 50 bmg, either.

Mostly 375s and 416s right now. The odd 460 and 37xc. BAT machine, Pierce, Stiller for actions. Manners and McMillan for stocks.

Ko2m is shooting right now. They always publish an equipment list after the match in the Ko2m Facebook page.

And really, you can build a competitive rifle for about the same as a custom rem 700 clone if you try. What kills you is the reloading, brass, bullets, dies, a new press .... expect to pay 2.50-3.00 a bullet for solids.

Last edited:
    I think they're shooting 2nd round of this years match today. Probably over by now.

I heard team Savage has an outside chance this year.

Reactions: Redheeler
    Nope, not a serbu to be found on the line, and no 50 bmg, either.

Mostly 375s and 416s right now. The odd 460 and 37xc. BAT machine, Pierce, Stiller for actions. Manners and McMillan for stocks.

Ko2m is shooting right now. They always publish an equipment list after the match in the Ko2m Facebook page.

And really, you can build a competitive rifle for about the same as a custom rem 700 clone if you try. What kills you is the reloading, brass, bullets, dies, a new press .... expect to pay 2.50-3.00 a bullet for solids.

I so need Frank to create a Sarcasm font...

Thanks. Good info! The things being done with ELR are remarkable these days!

Keep up the good work. And avoid those Serbu's!

Sirhr

Reactions: mj1995
    Now, that is a cool article. Evidently, .375 Cheytac is the round this year. Then, again, you need something with a little oomph and speed to go that far.

Reactions: Maggot
    Now, that is a cool article. Evidently, .375 Cheytac is the round this year. Then, again, you need something with a little oomph and speed to go that far.
    The guy beside me at my last class was pushing a 375 CT. The concussion wasnt as bad as a 50 cal but it made me decide to curtail my quest for 2 miles. That and 5$ per shot.

Can’t remember which model 50 you have Maggot? If it’s a turn bolt gun, Maybe you can put aside some hifi valve money for a re barrel to 416 Barrett, which uses 50BMG as a parent case. A 375 variant running solids in the 400 grain neighbourhood is prolly the minimum entry point. Yeah concussion from the fitty sucks….

I’m sure a few members here (myself included) have sprayed and prayed with 338 and big 30 cals, but hard to see splash from hits and misses without a big boy catridge. Add a tiny ES via OCD reloading, and a fat wallet for whatever big magnum you choose. And a very good ‘number one‘ on wind and solution next to you.

The guy beside me at my last class was pushing a 375 CT. The concussion wasnt as bad as a 50 cal but it made me decide to curtail my quest for 2 miles. That and 5$ per shot.
    Its only bad for the guys to the side..

Can’t remember which model 50 you have Maggot? If it’s a turn bolt gun, Maybe you can put aside some hifi valve money for a re barrel to 416 Barrett, which uses 50BMG as a parent case. A 375 variant running solids in the 400 grain neighbourhood is prolly the minimum entry point. Yeah concussion from the fitty sucks….

I’m sure a few members here (myself included) have sprayed and prayed with 338 and big 30 cals, but hard to see splash from hits and misses without a big boy catridge. Add a tiny ES via OCD reloading, and a fat wallet for whatever big magnum you choose. And a very good ‘number one‘ on wind and solution next to you.
    Sold the Barret years back.. It was fun but not enough places do shoot it where I was.

Reactions: Clearlight