• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

What do you think about Man Caves???(**SURVEY**)

Shredder58

Team SPF
Supporter
Minuteman
Aug 12, 2010
NC/VA
I wanted to savor the moment when I reached 99 posts on this site and stood on the precipice of joining the 100 club, but that desire has only lasted a few hours since I posted number 99. Also, I have been thinking about doing a multi-level poll survey, ever since I stumbled across the ability to build polls on the SH website. So, without further ado, for your enjoyment and viewing pleasure, here is a multi-level poll designed to get some useful info on a subject that all readers may find interesting. This one, as the title says, is about Man Caves. Please answer the polls in the order they appear, and please answer the polls only once and truthfully (if you can) so we can gather the most useful info from a broad range of SH users.

If you do NOT already have a Man Cave, please stop after the first question, do not answer any further questions, so as not to corrupt the integrity of the results!!!

So, let us begin…

Re: What do you think about Man Caves???

number 5? Gimme a break. What do you think a bunch of men are gonna answer? NO brainer...Ghandi and Dali Lama 100%

I am unmarried, so my house is my man cave. It is a lot of fun.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: nashlaw</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am unmarried, so my house is my man cave. It is a lot of fun. </div></div>

me too! i dont think you can put a price on the cave either. as in my case it inludes all my toys. plus i spose the cost of my house/shed.

I have not yet completed the survey as I find Q3 too hard to answer, needs another option "All of the above"

My 'man cave' is a pair of work areas that serve my two hobbies, guns and model airplanes. They are both atrocious messes. Once or twice each year I go in with a ruthless abandon, cleaning, straightening, sorting, and restoring all (or nearly all) of the dross and paraphernalia that literally accumulates in stacks and piles. The true miracle is how anything functionally useful gets accomplished in these disaster zones.

My poll responses reflect this. In the first, only the last option applies. In all the others, no option applies. For the last one, if the activities you're doing in the 'man cave' aren't totally engaging, what's the point anyway?

Greg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: nashlaw</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am unmarried, so my house is my man cave. It is a lot of fun. </div></div>

+1.

I use to have a killer "man-cave" big screen t.v. all the cool poster and pictures I could ever want to put up, all my firearms, and was planing on getting a fridge. But I had to pcs to chicago and I just havent had the whatever to put it all back up especially since I will be leaving in about a year.

I have one, cost in putting it together around $450, fridge, materials to build reloading bench and a saddle rack, because it doubles as a part of a tack room. If I needed somewhere to go to get away from my wife, I would not have married her, nor stay married to her.

i would like to have a man cave i believe it should be a bunker with all the kool stuff but with the ability to keep 4-5 alive for at least 3 months

I've never seen the need for a "man cave", for 2 reasons:

1. I've never felt the need to run away from or hide from my wife.
I actually kinda like her. She was nice enough to help me pick a color for the Liberty safe that's a major piece of "furniture" in our living room. She said it would look best centered under the bull elk mount.

2. I've always been perfectly content to have my man stuff scattered from one end of the house to the other, and in any room I choose.
I think I get away with that mainly because of the "like my wife" part of reason #1.

I got two...one is named, oddly enough, Man Camp. 2k acres, one camphouse, 2 wells, and five gates, eight miles from a paved road. No phone, no internets. Two 'frigerators, one walk in game cooler, big screen with Directv, BBQ, and fire pit. And some shooting ranges. Sleeps 13, 15 in a pinch. GO there alone, many times, cuz I can. Five hours from home.

Building -five minutes from home - 80x30 shop plus 16x 80 storage, epoxy floors, white, WHITE lights, white walls, 2 big doors with remotes, workbench 30' long, 5 ton overhead crane, fans to move hot air, heaters to make it. Moving my welding machine, lathes, mill and tool chests there. Haven't decided to move the reloading stuff yet. Have a 'frig for it, sat TV, poker table and couple couches/desk/chairs to finish it with. Pictures up when it's done. Front part and storage is for boats and projects, back part for tools and doing things.

Didn't the G&L people name a cool room for a guy 'Man Cave'. I guess if you wanna go with the latest trendy name given by a overly effeminate dude to YOUR cool little hide out, go on ahead. Me, I am just building a nice cool 1950's styled shop where I can reload, work on stuff in peace, and have a brew or a smoke when it's cold out. Pffffft! Man Cave....whatabuncha butt darts!
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Switchblade</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Didn't the G&L people name a cool room for a guy 'Man Cave'.</div></div>
This guy knows all about Man Caves.
batman-keaton-2.jpg

Re: What do you think about Man Caves???(**SURVEY**)

Another perspective on this issue...
cool.gif

ManCave.jpg

Re: What do you think about Man Caves???(**SURVEY**)

15f579j.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fw707</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've never seen the need for a "man cave", for 2 reasons:

1. I've never felt the need to run away from or hide from my wife.

I actually kinda like her. </div></div>

Thanks for the smile tonight, I needed that!
smile.gif

My whole house is my man cave. I try to have a bit of influence in all of the rooms. My real man cave, which is my music/tv room is always being overrun by the little zombies that live in my house, so there is no real escape for me!

My buddy Henry's garage is in last years "book of mancaves" it's awesome. Last time I went there were a couple of strippers pouring shots naked.

BTW, did I mention that I want a man-cave?

The use of the word "man" in front of anything to describe what a man would have is gay