• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What do YOU want to see in this year's GAP Grind video?

Tyler Kemp

Print Daddy
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Aug 23, 2008
MO
mkmachining.com
I will be filming the Grind again, and want to keep improving my videos.

I plan on a few things, but am more than open to more advice. I'm going to try and get some of the top shooters to give a rundown on their rigs, as well as more feedback from the shooters themselves. I'm going to get multiple camera angles where I can, but working alone is gonna make this tough and not done a whole lot.

What else do you folks wanna see from one of the top matches of the year?!

Tyler

I will be filming the Grind again, and want to keep improving my videos.

I plan on a few things, but am more than open to more advice. I'm going to try and get some of the top shooters to give a rundown on their rigs, as well as more feedback from the shooters themselves. I'm going to get multiple camera angles where I can, but working alone is gonna make this tough and not done a whole lot.

What else do you folks wanna see from one of the top matches of the year?!

Tyler

Tyler,

You made some awesome videos for GAP. I would like to see some AR15's in action...I know bolt guns & AR10's are very capable at extended range. I think it would be interesting to see the capabilities of AR15's in 14.5", 16.0", 18.0" and/or 20" barrels (with or without glass). It would be awesome if you could compare the standard 5.56/.223, 6.8 SPC, 300 BLK, and my favorite 6.5 Grendel.

my $0.02

AvsFan:)

Here's last year's Grind video:

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/OCWK4O8orOs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

You ever watch a really good movie and stop to think....the only thing that could have made this movie better is some titties? BINGO

Edit *No man boobs

Me getting handed the first place trophy.

But in all seriousness try to get more than 10 people on the video. Everybody likes a little action. So don't stay with the same squad all day.

Maybe some GoPro video capturing different angles, gown range impacts, attach one to a rail if someone was willing....I don't know use you imagination.

Make it a story of why the course was set up and how the winner won it and interviews after each day with the leaders

You ever watch a really good movie and stop to think....the only thing that could have made this movie better is some titties? BINGO

Edit *No man boobs

And that gown range video in jcann's post sounds interesting. Invite some pageant chicks to pop some targets.:)

Attractive women in bikinis holding the stage number signs....think boxing ring-girls. ;)

You can edit them in later for safety if needed. lol

EDIT: I'll attempt to contribute something more meaningful - I think it would be real neat if you had one shooter that we could follow the whole course. First person view and a camera mounted to the firearm. Would be too neat having a scope cam and seeing shots as the shooters takes them.

Last edited:
Tyler,

First of all, a very good job undertaking this film project. It's a tremendous amount of work especially for one individual.

A few things to concentrate on for your next film would be the following:
1. Rule of thirds is very important. This gives a more professional look. i.e. Rule of Thirds
2. Lighting. If you're in an area interviewing a subject, be aware of being backlit. I know it's tough to worry about lighting but a small on camera
light would add enough illumination on your subject.
3. Make your pans/zooms a bit smoother. Try and take a bit more time with them which is hard to do sometimes when your filming a live event like this.
4. Might want to experiment with some color correction in post. Not saying the original footage is bad. Sometimes it add a color look to it. Especially on the
overcast shots. Just my .02.
5. You did a very good job on the audio. Something overlooked and is so very important in film.
6. Hand held shots. If you have an opportunity to get some type of stabilizer it would smooth them out a bit. Especially for the running shots.
7. Camera angles. It would be nice if you had a second camera position down range for a few sections of the match. Or, employ a GoPro camera
maybe on one of the shooters. Again, just my .02 worth.

Please do not be offended. I'm only looking at your film from a film producer's eyes. As I said, this was a very difficult shoot especially for one
person. You did a great job! Keep up the good work. Looking forward to your next endeavor.

Regards.
MDslammer / Mark Dalzell / Las Vegas, NV

Tyler,

You made some awesome videos for GAP. I would like to see some AR15's in action...I know bolt guns & AR10's are very capable at extended range. I think it would be interesting to see the capabilities of AR15's in 14.5", 16.0", 18.0" and/or 20" barrels (with or without glass). It would be awesome if you could compare the standard 5.56/.223, 6.8 SPC, 300 BLK, and my favorite 6.5 Grendel.

my $0.02

AvsFan:)

Ummmm..... no one shoots an AR15 in a precision long range match.

I'd like to see a breakdown and demonstration of some of the stages and maybe have someone who isn't competing do a run through. I'm curious how scoring works too.

short interviews with some of the participants. maybe review of their chosen gear, insight into the stages, etc.