• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

What does it take to get a reply from a gun builder

One of the worst when it comes to customer service. Send them an email and read the auto response you get.

That is just a ridiculous statement.

Yeah, GAP grew to be the largest custom precision rifle builder shop in the country because their customer service sucks.

roll-eye-smiley.gif

I guess everyone else is wrong.

Last edited:
Have done buisness with:
Moon at Crescent Customs
The wonderful Guys at Accurate Ordnance
Mark at Raven Rifles
John at Pierce Engeneering
APA (Jerred)
and a long time ago Bartline did me a Sako 220 swift

All were exceptional!

Just the fact that there are sooooo many answers should tell you a lot...

Yes this is a very true statement and I want to thank all that have commented the past week or so...I listed all of the recommendations, did make some contacts and like most of you said, received returned calls or made contract on the first attempt.

I have a few I am leaning towards, based on what I am working on and what I want to end up with. As soon as I make my final decision, I will update. Thanks again...

That is just a ridiculous statement.

Yeah, GAP grew to be the largest custom precision rifle builder shop in the country because their customer service sucks.

roll-eye-smiley.gif

I guess everyone else is wrong.

I dont know about the others but all I can say is GAP is unbelievable. Ken Lin spent probably an hour total with me on all of the calls discussing specs, options, etc before i ever even gave him a deposit. I had some dumb questions. And this was before i wrote the check. Sometimes i wonder if it wouldn't be a bad idea if they requested a W2 before they invested a ton of time with us. OK, that is maybe an exaggeration but I would imagine these folks have many people dreaming of their guns that cannot afford it and dont anticipate buying them but yet still call them up do discuss "potentially" buying a gun and therefore waste a lot of their time. Time is money and these companies are not charities. The fact that Ken spent so much time with me is one of the main reasons i ended up buying a $5k rifle from them. Plus, once they got their check when the gun was complete, Ken still jumped through hoops to make sure I got my rifle quickly, including giving me his cell phone number on the day the gun needed to ship!!! So, usually if customer service is going to suck, it is going to happen either before they know you are one who can afford the rifle or usually after the company has gotten their money. With GAP and Ken Lin, the customer service was great all the way through. 6.5 Creedmoore will be my next GAP. Believe me, i am the most anal person when it comes to stuff like this and if i thought GAP was perfect, thats a statement.