• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What Dog to get........

Re: What Dog to get........

Surprised nobody has mentioned a rottweiler! My wife talked me into ours and I'm glad she did. That dog will let kids pull on his face and fur all day but on the 2 occasions someone was in our backyard he was the first to notify them it probably wouldn't be a good idea to come in...Also males can get around 130lbs and they have that notorious cinder block head to boot. IMO one of the most intimidating looking dogs around. Oh and he's soft as hell : )

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: USAFDoug</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Our Golden Emma... RIP
frown.gif

Emma.jpg
</div></div>

What happen to your GSD's chest. I once saw a Golden get attacked b a PitBull. It let let the Pit take it's neck. I should say furry neck. The Pit took it hook line and sinker. The Golden chewed the shit out of the PitBulls face, until the owner of the pit bull freaked out. The pit was put down because of it's injuries.

By the way the Pit owner was fine until his dog was getting f'ed up. It's not the dog it';s the owner.

Jamie

Not on the list but here's my boy. 90lbs of home protection. This is Rambo, a Belgian Malinois. I wanted one for years and got the green light from the wife a while back. He's very protective, smart and easily trained. He lets my kids beat on him, chase him you name it. He just plays with them all day and loves being with the kids. Yet if he hears anything in the night he clears the house on command! He's quite the celebrity on our block.

Rambo.jpg

Ramandtheboys.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: beck.jamie</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: USAFDoug</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Our Golden Emma... RIP
frown.gif

Emma.jpg
</div></div>

What happen to your GSD's chest. I once saw a Golden get attacked b a PitBull. It let let the Pit take it's neck. I should say furry neck. The Pit took it hook line and sinker. The Golden chewed the shit out of the PitBulls face, until the owner of the pit bull freaked out. The pit was put down because of it's injuries.

By the way the Pit owner was fine until his dog was getting f'ed up. It's not the dog it';s the owner.

Jamie </div></div>

Great looking family members there Jamie. Sorry you lost the pup. She looked like a great dog.

i second the cane corso or boerboel. someday when i am more settled i will have both. other dogs i have had great luck with are huskys and i have a pit bull now that is a wonderful dog.

I told my Father today that i was picking up a 10week old puppy on the 15th. I told him 10 weeks old and 30 pounds lol. He said SH*#. How big will it get, I told him average of 200 pound. He calmly replied that aint a dog son, u bought a bear with a dogs license. A calmly reminded him of our other dogs. he remembered, and I calmly said we will come visit you too lol.

My father would on ocasion dog set Sgt.( black bullie) and actually teared up when the dog left. Hell he got upset when he found out we lost it.

I believe we decided on the name Sha'Gao'( little dog ) for our new delivery. My father liked it.

However I am open to names if yall shall care to come up with some. I will run it by the wife.

I like these but she did not. please keep in mind it is blond with a small mask and will grow to 200 pounds.

Trigger - Roy Rogers blond horse- the dog wont be much smaller.
Remmie - as in Remmington ( dads suggestion )
Sha'Gao'(Shalgo) - Chinese for little dog
Gun - as in Gun Smith ( Dads sugestion as well)
Titan - from greek mythology
Dah'Gao' (Dalgo) - big dog
Smalls

what ya'll think, please make other sugestions as well.......

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Helidriver</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How about Runt?......damn a 200lb dog....I can't even picture it. </div></div>

Well here ill help your inigination. Google or youtube " boerboel " look at pics or youtube.

Nkosi
Name: Nkosi
Pronounciation: n-KOH-see
Meaning: ruler
Ethnicity: Zulu
Region: South Africa
Continent: Africa

KAMAU. Said to be an African Kikuyu of Kenya name, meaning "quiet warrior."

NEO. African Northern Sotho name, derived from the vocabulary word nèo, meaning "a gift, a present."

MATATA. African Swahili name, derived from the vocabulary word matata (to entangle), meaning "troublemaker."

OBI. African Ibo of Nigeria name, derived from the vocabulary word óbì, meaning "heart."

SANGO. African Yoruba name of the god of thunder and lightning.

ZURI. Unisex. African Swahili name meaning "beautiful."

OK we picked up South African Boerboel today. The dog is a male 10 weeks old and 45 pounds. First time in the car it survived a 2hr trip and loved it. It sat right next to me and just looked out the window for the whole trip. While at home he has adjusted faster than any dog I have ever seen. No accidents in the house today. Has actually gone to the door asking out" maby by coincidence". is very well behaved and sits and heals nicely. I dont know if this is the norm with these dogs but I hope he does not change. Dont like the wife though, he did snap at her when she tried to pick him up. I will try to load up a photo bucket picture.

2011-03-1495155019.jpg

that is a good looking boerboel. train him up from the start and you will have a wonderful family member. I recommend a gentle leader leash to train him with. It really helped me with my lab...who now is NEVER on a leash and always on my heal. Make sure he knows that you and the wife/kids are boss, and not him. He has to be the follower, not the leader. And he will follow you into a hail of bullets if trained right. I cant believe the coat and markings on him. really beautiful pup there.

My cousin has a Bull Mastiff and it is a beast. I love his dog, short haired and a head that would scare any meth head alive.

I also have another friend with a English Mastiff and it is a heast also.

I think the Bull Mastiff is about 110lbs and the English version is a solid 245lb dog. I loved the bull mastiff but even I was scared of the english mastiff that fucker was huge.

Yes we realy got lucky with this one SHOUT OUT TO K-9 COMPANIONS for hooking us up with this dog. He realy is a champ and the wife has named him Sha Gao ( pronounced Shaahgo) Chinese for "Tiny Dog". After I saw him the name Bear comes to mind.

rescue an american pit bull. theyre loving and super loyal. bulldogs are too short and stocky to defend the home but they are cute.

That right there is the reason we had to put her to sleep... she had a huge tumor right there and they were trying to figure out how to get to it... got her a CAT scan and... it was terrible just wrapping around her throat and just... terrible.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: beck.jamie</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: USAFDoug</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Our Golden Emma... RIP
frown.gif

Emma.jpg
</div></div>

Jamie </div></div>

SmithE-6, that's a good lookin pup. Too bad he no likey the wifey. Maybe he know's somethin you don't????? He won't hold a grude is she won't. I think that if he is behaving in a proper manner such as asking to go out and just sitting in the seat,watchin the world go by, you probably have a fine ambassador for the breed. Good luck with your new eatin machine
wink.gif
Tommy

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sobrbiker883</div><div class="ubbcode-body">a rescue. </div></div>

Definitely!!

try a labrahuahua, you might have to hold the chihuahua for the lab to hump though. OR....get a newfoundland

281.jpg

as per the "bear" above, I'll vouch for the newfoundland

Most gental, friendly, mellow dog I ever had. Holy crap can they destroy stuff when they are little though, when mine was 6 months old I caught him throwing and catching a brick he had pulled from the patio in the back yard. I will have another one