• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

What for lube and protection?

usmc1488

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 1, 2012
Camp Lejeune
Ok gents I need your help. My M40 had some cancer (rust) inside the receiver where the bolt contacts the receiver. I removed the rust but now there is some bare metal inside the receiver. what do you guys use for lube/protection? I was a CLP guy for EVERYTHING until I got educated. I was using frog lube for the bolt, obviously that didnt work. So what are you guys using? Is clp good enough for long time storage? Do you store your rifles with the bolts in or out?

I like frog lube for the lubricant properties in my handguns and AR rifles but it is not a good rust prevention lubricant. CLP is good for preventing rust but the best I have found for rust prevention is Eeezox. It has a strong smell but it tests out very well in the rust prevention category.