• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What gun do you regret selling?

Re: What gun do you regret selling?

A Remington 788 in 6mm it would shot 3/8" groups all day long with factory ammo and a colt 1991 that I had to totally rebuild but I let guy talk me out of both. He wanted the 788 for his daughter. I let it go because she could out shoot me with. I swear she cut my groups in half. She killed an antelope at 600yds and called her shot in the neck according to her uncle.

Where do I start? Smith & Wesson, 686 8 3/8" with silouette front sights, S&W 66 with 6" barrel, IMI lone eagle 30-06 10" barrel (The hardest kicking,super accurate monster pistol). Bushmaster AR-15 carbine plain jainer, Remington 870 marine magnum, Ruger 22 slab side Mark 4?, S&W 629 with 8 3/8" barrel, S&W 500 8 3/8" barrel (I think), Kimber 1911 tactical 5", Remington PSS 308 with some mods and an awesome camo job,and I'm forgetting many more but that will do for the short list.
.............SmokeRolls

HK93
HK94
Galil
Daewoo K1
Daewoo K2

The rest I was pretty happy to sell.

I regret selling my first firearm that I ever owned... a mauser m48 in 8mm that shot REALLY well.

None of the others... but that one...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jcvibby</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yeah I screw the pooch on this one. Just got it and then sold it. I ended up with a profit of $3550 but still should not have sold it.

Its a Johnson 1941 Semi-Auto 30-06 with bayonet. Really clean and pretty rare.

If I would have know better I would have sold a different gun to get the money I needed for a build and a safe.

i4o2zp.jpg
</div></div>
That is a cool rarely seen rifle but I would not cry to hard, you did WELL on the change in hand. I bet many of us would love to make that kind of money on one rifle....Cool story, glad it worked out for you.
...........SmokeRolls

I had a Remington 700 243 that my father passed on to me that I customized with a glass bedded thumb hole stock and had a smith work the trigger over. A "friend" of mine "borrowed" it and pawned it for drug money then split town.(never seen or heard from him again) I had to sell my Savage bull barrel 223 and my Ruger single 6 to get enough funds together to buy it back! I have since passed the rifle down to my younger brother. I don't regret having to sell my other fire arms to save a family heirloom I just wish I still had my other guns too! :-(

My FIRST deer rifle. Rem 700 ADL 30-06. Redfield 3-9, peek-a-boo rings with iron sights under, trigger job. Nice and simple. Back then all I wanted a BDL, now that I'm I'm a lil older, I just miss the damn thing...

I think I enjoy "getting" a new gun more than owning one. That's why I buy one, sell it, then buy another.

These threads are always such a good read... I haven't sold any rifles, but have sold probably a dozen pistols. Mostly 1911's, trying to figure out what I like and don't like. I don't regret selling any of them.

I sold my only Mosin Nagant a year back, it was an Finnish Tikka M/27 built as one of the last thousand of its kind (in 1939).

It's the only gun I've ever sold, so until now, it's the only gun I regret selling.
smile.gif

My early 70's production Remmy 700 HB Varmint with a 12X Unertal scope and a 50's production mint Colt 1911 in 38 Super.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: edwin907</div><div class="ubbcode-body">SIG AMT with factory issued 4X Scope & QD mount.

Yep, go ahead and say, "what an idiot".

And the damn thing was not only the most beautifully finished semi-auto military rifle you would ever see, but was accurate as hell, and supremely balanced.

And worst of all, the buyer blew it up with reloads. </div></div>

I had one of these too... and sold it... Before I ever shot it! (No scope on mine though) Traded an HK94 for it at a local Gun Shop, took it to a Gun Show the next week and made $1500.00 on it. I wasn't even intending to sell it. The "cool" and ironic thing about it was that it was imported into San Francisco originally. Yes, the heart of the "Peoples Republic of California". I regret that one...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: titus7</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ive regretted selling alot of them but I try to always upgrade. Now here is the real question would you willfully sell some rifles to fund another firearm that is extremely rare and more than likely be your only opportunity to get it???...cuz this is the dilemma that I am facing right now... any words of wisdom??

I dont mean to hijack the thread but this exact question has been haunting me for a couple of days </div></div>
If you can replace the ones you're selling... go for it! I sold an LTR and an AR to help fund the purchase of a Beautiful Colt Model 1905 Automatic. One of the best decisions I've ever made. That 1905 is worth well over $10,000 in the 99+% condition it's in!

The ones I regret:

Winchester 70 in .222 Rem. Most accurate rifle I ever shot.
Rem 700 .243 (short barrel) sold it with the .243. Glad to see it go at first. Then had a LOT of regrets later on. It was a good rifle, I just got on this anti-Rem kick.
AR-30 in .300 WM. Had to sell to keep bills paid.
My first HS H-D Military...now I have another though
My Rem 541S ...now I have accurate .22's and a 541X
My first RRA AR15A2. Just deadly accurate. My new AR isn't.
My 6.5 Grendel upper. Made a profit, though. Now almost done with new one.
Browning BSS-...but got an O/U now that I shoot even better.
First custom .257 Rob on a 1909 action. ...you got it, new one now.

One's I don't regret:

Ruger M77 7 Rem Mag. Sumbitch couldn't hold 2" @ 50. Barrel made of rebar.
Old Win octagon barrel .22. My dad loved it but I never liked .22 pump guns.
Rem 870 Wingmaster. It didn't fit and it didn't work for me. I was happy to see it go down the road.
Rem 581. I already had the 541...I had all the accuracy I needed in a .22
Ruger single six w/2 cylinders. I know it sounds surprising but I'm not a wheel gun guy.
First 1911, sloppy as hell. But, it worked....
WWII P-38 all matching. I could've made more, but never liked 9mm either.

Now, I'm deciding which ones I want to sell vs. which ones I know will sell for a bunch.

Ad Topperwine's Win 63 with documents.

I regret selling an 1903 Navy Luger with U11 unit mark on the grip strap. I kick myself over and over to this day for selling it since the price of Lugers, especially early Navies have gone through the roof. Now that I am married with children, it is unlikely I will ever cough up $3K - $5K to replace it in my collection.

You guys are going to laugh at me but the only gun that I had regrets about selling was a Bersa .380. It was my first gun that my dad "bought" for me after saving all my christmas, birthday, and lawnmowing $$$ for a whole year. It was my gun that he kept in his beadroom closet.

Early in my college career i was really short on money and my dad bought it off me. It wasn't until I started to push him five or so years later that I was able to buy it back, and for more than I paid for it the first time.....
smile.gif

I still carry it in the summer when I don't feel like lugging around my full size 1911.

Since I've never sold anything I have no regrets
grin.gif

I sold a rem700 in .222 that shot very well. That was back in the days when i thought bigger was better.

My first pistol
S&W 44mag 6in. barrel

Springfield 1911 loaded version

First hunting rifle Ruger 300mag

Man I wish I had them all back

Originally Posted By: titus7Ive regretted selling alot of them but I try to always upgrade. Now here is the real question would you willfully sell some rifles to fund another firearm that is extremely rare and more than likely be your only opportunity to get it???...cuz this is the dilemma that I am facing right now... any words of wisdom??

I dont mean to hijack the thread but this exact question has been haunting me for a couple of days

I just sold two that I said I'd never get rid of to buy a PGW. I figured I could replace the POF and the AI, but how often do you see a PGW Coyote? That decision haunted me for a day or so, but the seller, BillStoffels is a heckuva nice guy and made that decision much easier.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: titus7</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ive regretted selling alot of them but I try to always upgrade. Now here is the real question would you willfully sell some rifles to fund another firearm that is extremely rare and more than likely be your only opportunity to get it???...cuz this is the dilemma that I am facing right now... any words of wisdom??

I dont mean to hijack the thread but this exact question has been haunting me for a couple of days</div></div>

I would've sold something for the 6mm Lee Navy that was up at the Cabela's in Rogers, MN. That is if I'd known about about it more than 4 hours before it sold.

You people SELL guns???

I've only sold one...a Traditions muzzleloader I don't miss.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ATH</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You people SELL guns???
</div></div>
Believe it or not.......Hahaha
I believe that if I held on to too many guns and never sold them then I would have to have 3 or 4 very large gun safes or build a reinforced safe room to house them all. I love firearms and the things that go boom but having a massive amount just is to much for me to handle and keep cleaned and lubed and I never will have time to shoot everything. I prefere to have great weapons that fit perfectly in their role, if it doesn't work as well as I think it should, sell it and find the perfect fit.
It's alot of experimentation but when you find the right piece, you will know and you will love it.
........SmokeRolls

savage 10 with a mcmillan a5
and my limited edition s&w 460 called the guy back about
this one and he wont sell it back to me

I didn't own it, but helped a friend sell it... a very early 1911 Colt originally issued to the Vermont Guard right before WW1. Sold it on GB for $2400 and I should have found a way to keep it myself.

From the same estate, though, I got a Colt 1902 military in .38 Colt Auto that was owned by Horatio Nelson Jackson. That one I'll never sell!

Cheers, Sirhr.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: trilogymac</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
I guess I'd say my first real custom, Patriot Arms (APA) in 243, it was a hammer and well built rifle. I should have just shot the barrel out 5 times over, but instead I sold it...and then bought something else...and then sold that...and then...well you know. </div></div>

I think we have regrets about the same rifle!
frown.gif

We will see if GGmanning makes the same mistake.

Trilogymac </div></div>

The way the APA shoots I think it has found a permanent home in NC.
grin.gif
Thanks to both of you for neglecting it.
wink.gif

Of all the rifles bought and sold over the years, the one I wish I never sold and still had...
Winchester 9422 magnum with upgraded wood...Damn it was nice!!!

I regret every firearm I've ever sold, but I think the one I most regret selling is my first deer rifle. It was nothing special in the scheme of things, just an old Marlin 336CS 30-30 that was given to me when I was still in highschool. But it was a sweet little rifle; it shot well, and there's just something special about a guys first...
wink.gif

I miss quite a few of them, usually sold to get something else though. But the two I miss most are my FA Uzi that I bought back in 1986, and especially my Dragunov SVD (one of the 100 original military ones that KBI imported back in 1993). Thought I was doing well at the time on both, but I REALLY wish I could get them both back now.

I regret the ones Dad sold while I was overseas. Colt delta elite 10mm, BLR 308. Traded for a, yes one, Centennial edition winchester model '94. He thought they were his, guess it's my fault for leaving my stuff at his house, haha..

The only rifle I ever sold and regretted was a primo C1A1(FAL) that I traded a Model B Uzi for(Uzi, case, wood and folding stock, four mags, short barrel, uh, 'some other parts') What I got for the Uzi was a NIB C1A1(Canadian FAL) with a new sling, five mags, and 240 rounds of 168gr Fed Match ammo.
I sold that one in 2001 to fund a really dumb ass attempt at a Scout Rifle build whith what appeared to be the perefect Scout Rifle, a .308 Ishapore SMLE Carbine. That POS never shot better than 8" @ 200M(Minute of Deer Chest?). It took the better part of a month to grind and polish to make it feed right, another month to fix the stock so it had enough LOP to feel right, another two weeks locating parts to mount a scope.
That POS was sold to a friend who just had to have it even after I told him that it was a POS. I let him have it for what I had into it, no more, no less...
The C1A1 was ten times the rifle that Carbine SMLE was, shot under 2moa, and never had a failure. WTF was I thinking???

Got a 17" bbl R1A1 now, needs a little work, but at least it shots real nice, better than it's Canadian counterpart

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: COURAGEWOLF</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wishin I still had this little fella in the closet

115.jpg
</div></div>

What is this?

I need to start a support group with the other member from CA who sold all his "assault" rifles. I did the same back when CA made us register them or be a felon!
I regret selling the colt AR match target comp. H bar with the leupold gold ring 3x9 and an a.r.m.s flat top base.
And the W. German Sig p220.
My wife now wears some of what I sold back then on her finger. It's all good though, I got a beautiful daughter out of it!!
The good news... I kept the Ruger mark 2 government target my mom bought me when I was in highschool. Had it customized by Volquartsen and it's a beauty and a shooter 22 years later!
I have since been trying to rebuild the collection.

Don't regret any really except one para 1911 stainless limited. It was an older canadian made one before they moved to the US. The slide wasn't nearly as tight and smooth as some of my other handbuilds but damn was it deadly accurate and smooth to actually shoot. When I put that gun in my hand it felt like it was where it always belonged. Since I've had several top flight, wonderfully built 1911s 4 or 5x the cost. They are works of art, but just never quite the same. With all the custom kimbers, ed browns les baers and such, never thought id miss a para.
Tried to get a new one, wasn't even close.

I regret the sale of this rifle like you wouldnt believe....I will always remember this rifle and nearly shed tears when she went out the door. I loved this rifle like no other I will ever own. But unfortunately life throws us curve balls and the family has to come first. I get choked up just thinking about her.

M40A1001.jpg

Sold my Springfield XD to my brother and the shit head won't sell it back lol. Guess that's what I get, I still have my Kimber Pro Crimson Carry but the XD was my first pistol I ever owned. If I can ever talk him into selling it back to me, I'll have that Kimber in the for sale section so I can start my next project!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: longrange****</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
M40A1001.jpg
</div></div>

Very sorry for your loss, I feel your pain.

I had to sell this to get through some damn hard times. Although not a classic like yours, she was low maintenance and high performance.

Jense_Precision_260_Remington_Tactical_02_BIG-963x469.jpg

Jense_Precision_260_Remington_Tactical_03_BIG-965x796.jpg

I'm very interested though, What cheek pad/stock pack(?) are you using there?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mica</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I had a Remington 700 243 that my father passed on to me that I customized with a glass bedded thumb hole stock and had a smith work the trigger over. A "friend" of mine "borrowed" it and pawned it for drug money then split town.(never seen or heard from him again) I had to sell my Savage bull barrel 223 and my Ruger single 6 to get enough funds together to buy it back! I have since passed the rifle down to my younger brother. I don't regret having to sell my other fire arms to save a family heirloom I just wish I still had my other guns too! :-(</div></div>

That's a terrible story..

Mine is simple... I sold a nice Walther Silhouette gun in .22LR to a friend... I keep asking him to sell it back to me.... one-day... maybe

RJ

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LoneWolfUSMC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I would rather have one or two top notch, than a closet full of cheap ones. </div></div>

I agree - I have slimed down the collection a lot lately and spent more time refining the ones I have kept. Getting quality optics for the rifle and applicaiton, getting the load fine tuned. I didn't sell the one that got away - but had it stolen. Truck got stolen while I was living off post in wonderful Fayetteville. Had a double stack Para Ord P-14 lost in the theft. I miss that one.

Only ever sold one Glock 10mm that I used for IDPA got four more now but did not like getting rid of it. since then never sold one and never will. It will be me and the safes under a bridge before I sell another.

I sold a 1980's Model 70 Featherweight XTR in .270 last year to help fund another gun project. That was the first rifle I ever bought new. Great looking and killed a lot of deer with it. Regretted selling it just as soon as the buyer handed me the money and started walking out. Still kicking myself for selling that gun, but a few months back I ended up buying the same model of gun in .257 Roberts. It's a keeper and will get passed down when it's time, and not sold.

I regret selling ALL the ones iv'e had to!

My last 308,and my 7/08 sting the most!

FN high power
M1 Garand
M1A loaded
romainian PSL
HK 91
Hk 93
IMI Galil
SW 625 3 inch
Alphabet Ruger bearcat, early 53' production
too many fals