• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes What happen to NF new scope? beast?

Re: What happen to NF new scope? beast?

Bad time to stumble, when the competition is challenging your market share. I will personally wait to hear about NF new offerings.

Looking forward to seeing what they have to offer.

Are they making any changes to the NXS low power scopes? A reticle change? If so, will the prices change?

Im about to buy a NXS 1-4x24 and just wondering if I should wait if anything will be changed?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fastford</div><div class="ubbcode-body">any idea what the beast will cost when it hits the streets?</div></div>

Yep...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chris@SportOptics</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They just changed the zero stop on the 1-4's and 2.5-10's </div></div> Any details?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fastford</div><div class="ubbcode-body">any idea what the beast will cost when it hits the streets?</div></div>

Yep... </div></div>

may i request a ball park number?

IIRC it has been mentioned about $1k more than the F1, so $3400ish? I don't know if that is MSRP, MAP, or street price....the market I suppose will dictate that somewhat?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">you can ask, but i am not giving you a number beyond what was already posted. </div></div>

roger that

stay tuned to see a lot of good scopes at good prices when we all dump our existing optics for the "beast" upgrade :)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: azimutha</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chris@SportOptics</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They just changed the zero stop on the 1-4's and 2.5-10's </div></div> Any details? </div></div>

Yup they've already started shipping. The 2.5-10 has the same zs as the larger NXS line and it looks like wider turrets as well. The 1-4 is a little different. Still the same turret just a little different on the zs.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: abilliott</div><div class="ubbcode-body">stay tuned to see a lot of good scopes at good prices when we all dump our existing optics for the "beast" upgrade :) </div></div>

That is what I was thinking . . . . .

2fp NXS 5-15 @ $999.

BMT

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chris@SportOptics</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: azimutha</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chris@SportOptics</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They just changed the zero stop on the 1-4's and 2.5-10's </div></div> Any details? </div></div>

Yup they've already started shipping. The 2.5-10 has the same zs as the larger NXS line and it looks like wider turrets as well. The 1-4 is a little different. Still the same turret just a little different on the zs. </div></div>

That sounds a little misleading so I'll help clarify.

The ZeroStop on the prior Compact 2.5-10 models had a single screw on the Clutch clamp wheel.

The new Compact 2.5-10 ZeroStop is a miniaturized 4 screw clamp wheel design ZS like the full size NXS. In turn the knob is ever slightly taller and ever slightly larger in diameter. Enough so that the knobs are better proportioned to the body and the numbering on the knobs is slightly larger and easier to see. In turn the click feel was improved to feel like that of the full size NXS line. The MOA knobs are now Hi-Speed at 20MOA per revolution. The Mil knobs remain at 5 Mils per revolution.

The 1-4 models maintain the ZS design of the prior 1-4 but with the improved click feel and slightly larger knob. They still maintain the single turn 20MOA knob.Only the .250MOA option is available on the 1-4.

The capped adjustments also received an improvement and utilize the same size of turret cap as the ZeroStop model.

How odd, never felt the zero stop on my 2.5-10 needed to be changed. I like it just fine. Yes the clicks are not as crisp as the big brothers but they are good enough.

Well suppose one can't complain about more crispness.
smile.gif

Hi,

Will there be anything new (like a rheostat) that could interfere with a left hand bolt?

Thanks..

I want one of the new 2.5-10X32 's yesterday. I just built a new Noveske SPR with Geissele rail and the works. Its just begging for a new NXS.

These freaking things were hard enough to find before they were improved. Chris and Jay, put me on the list for 2.5-10 Mil mil. Its going to be a long wait. Very long and nasty wait.

PS

I want one of the new 2.5-10X32 's yesterday. I just built a new Noveske SPR with Geissele rail and the works. Its just begging for a new NXS.

These freaking things were hard enough to find before they were improved. Chris and Jay, put me on the list for 2.5-10 Mil mil. Its going to be a long wait. Very long and nasty wait.

PS

The best thing I liked about the one I handled (was one between the 3rd and 4th prototype) was that finally the ocular doesn't rotate around any more. I'd be surprised if they get a final out in 2013.

Sounds Like a Winner!

Why does everyone hate the rotating ocular?? I personally love being able to reach up and just grab a hand full of scope if I need to make an adjustment. Finding those thin and sometimes hard to turn power rings on other scopes is a PITA during a match. Since I'm sure most people's distaste comes from the buttler Creek issues I'll comment that switching to NFs has saved me a ton of money not having to buy new flip caps every match. I hope the new NXS is exactly like my 3-15 F1s only with more mag and a 34mm tube. I'll be buying 3-4 if the new one is what I'm hoping for. The beast doesn't interest me so much....yet

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DirtRacer151</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Why does everyone hate the rotating ocular?? I personally love being able to reach up and just grab a hand full of scope if I need to make an adjustment. Finding those thin and sometimes hard to turn power rings on other scopes is a PITA during a match. Since I'm sure most people's distaste comes from the buttler Creek issues I'll comment that switching to NFs has saved me a ton of money not having to buy new flip caps every match. I hope the new NXS is exactly like my 3-15 F1s only with more mag and a 34mm tube. I'll be buying 3-4 if the new one is what I'm hoping for. The beast doesn't interest me so much....yet</div></div>

I feel the same way, I actually like that my F1 Ocular turns.... and i HATE Butler Creek. :p