• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What happened here, is a warning.

yea messing with the little guy could have consequences . or trying to eat more than you should could be bad for you like this snake that died while eating an crocodile
1590260670547.png

yeah, that's been in our media up here for a bit, now. Brings to mind the Newfie attack declaration to the White-House.

The one where the Newfie's had to call off the attack, because the Island of Newfoundland wasn't big enough to hold all of the Prisoners of War, expected. :D

Reactions: Sgt47 and Bender
Found a 6 pound bass while fishing that had choked to death on a pretty large crappie few weeks back. The crappie was still alive. I’ll post up a pic when I can find it!

Reactions: deersniper
Loons are very territorial, but small. There’s only ever one mating pair per lake.
In stark contrast, Canadian Geese are massive, and fly in flocks. You should see what one of them can do to a balled eagle, let alone of whole flock. Geese routinely attack people that get too close to their nests.

A misdirectedly tangential to the op's point but recall reading a few years back, ( too lazy to search the orig article and may be off on locale) in an outdoors newspaper column of a well-meaning E. Tx fisherman who extricated an entangled heron crane from a mass of discarded fishing line only to have it skewer one of his eyes once freed. Guess there's a parable buried somewheres; frog/scorpion. FTR, I remember the now one-eyed angler being interviewed and expressing no regret for his good deed.

I'm going to say otherwise. My parents live on a lake of about 4500 acres. There are many pairs of loons on that water simultaneously.
Not at all true... The are territorial and want space. But there are way more than 'one pair per lake.' Up here on a local reservoir that is, at most, 200 acres, there are at least 10 pairs.

They don't like to be harrassed by humans. By that I mean ass-pirate flatlanders on day-glo kayaks. But they do ok otherwise. And more than a few pairs on a lake.

Cheers,

Sirhr