• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

What happened to Mega Arms?

Cold_Bore_88

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 13, 2013
The Woodlands, TX
Wanting to build a .224 V on a Mega lower and monolithic upper. The old website leads back to Zev and says page cannot be found. Did Zev drop the Mega product lines?

JSE Surplus and Rainier Arms have some Mega Arms product still in stock. Brownels had a few things, but not much. I bought several from JSE and Rainier in the past couple months... Get them while they last.

I picked up the Ar15 key mod upper and billet lower when they were both on sale. I haven't looked at rainiers website in a while but they had the upper for 300 bucks. Pretty good price

I picked up the Ar15 key mod upper and billet lower when they were both on sale.

me too! keymod upper from brownell's (think they're OOS now) and gtr3h lower from midwest px, for my 224 valk build. everything looks and fits great but haven't shot it yet.

For what it’s worth, Zev’s customer service treated me way better than Mega and that idiot “Jason” ever did. Their shop was clearly capable of cranking out quality products but their management (prior to Zev) was a straight dumpster fire.

Zev went above and beyond fixing an issue that Mega dragged their feet on for months (years, actually).

Does anyone here know...are the Zev receivers just rebranded Mega Arms? Is it the same quality?

Reactions: Reagan260
For what it’s worth, Zev’s customer service treated me way better than Mega and that idiot “Jason” ever did. Their shop was clearly capable of cranking out quality products but their management (prior to Zev) was a straight dumpster fire.

Zev went above and beyond fixing an issue that Mega dragged their feet on for months (years, actually).

Never dealt with Mega CS. I've heard it wasn't great. I've been trying to get a hold of Zev CS all week and haven't been able to.

me too! keymod upper from brownell's (think they're OOS now) and gtr3h lower from midwest px, for my 224 valk build. everything looks and fits great but haven't shot it yet.
I did the exact same thing . Put a rock creek in valkyrie on mine.

So I have a MML set but I'm missing the 12 screws holding the handguard to the upper. I measured one from another MML: They are 8-32 screws, measure .279" in length and .278" head diameter.

I already checked fastenal and mcmaster carr. Any other places that might carry them? I could probably get away with 1/4" length, but all of those have much larger head sizes.

So I have a MML set but I'm missing the 12 screws holding the handguard to the upper. I measured one from another MML: They are 8-32 screws, measure .279" in length and .278" head diameter.

I already checked fastenal and mcmaster carr. Any other places that might carry them? I could probably get away with 1/4" length, but all of those have much larger head sizes.

I’d just call Zev. They’d probably send you some. Zev bought out mega. All the products are made by “mega” just rebranded. There’s photos MML receiver sets branded ZEV floating the net. It probably won’t be long before they hit the market.

http://www.zevtechnologies.com/rifle_store

Think the monolithic stuff got binned in favor of their wedge-lock handguards. Shame.
Negative. Their true Mono uppers stopped production due to getting sued by LMT. Their newer mono style aren't true Mono. Zev bought them and will jack up the price and lower the quality. It's a shame they couldn't stay independent.

Reactions: Marker36
Negative. Their true Mono uppers stopped production due to getting sued by LMT. Their newer mono style aren't true Mono. Zev bought them and will jack up the price and lower the quality. It's a shame they couldn't stay independent.

And that's when they added the bubble level to break up the "continuousness" of their upper and called it "Megalithic." Up until the Zev merger thing, they offered the Megalithic as well as the MKM and MML receiver/handguard sets. Just about all of the online stores now show these products as discontinued.

Wanting to build a .224 V on a Mega lower and monolithic upper. The old website leads back to Zev and says page cannot be found. Did Zev drop the Mega product lines?

JSE Surplus still has a few Megalithic and MKM/MML uppers available: https://www.jsesurplus.com/megaarms.aspx

The Zev receivers aren't "junk." I've owned 3 Mega sets and a newer Zev set and the quality is on par. The wedgelock handguard on a large frame receiver is fantastic -- much slimmer profile.

Every one has an opinion. The reason I bought into mega was bank vault tightness between upper and lower, ambi lowers and MML & MKM upper that resist upper deflection when loading into crazy match positions. Take anyone of those away and I'll be looking elsewhere.

Reactions: kl7883 and kl3309
When the VC company that bought into Zev acquired Mega, whatever deal Grey Ghost had with Mega fell apart.

Grey Ghost thought it was wise to move their rifles over to the Aero Precision receivers and hired Mega’s old manager, Jason Curns.

Jason Curns lied to me and tried to screw me over on warranty on several occasions during my support experiences with Mega, and I thought less of Grey Ghost for hiring him. I don’t see what value or credibility he brings to the table from an outsiders perspective.

We get that you don't like Jason, but your axe grinding isn't all that interesting. If people are looking for receivers being made by the guy that made the OG Mega's, then GGP is as close as you can get these days. Don't like it? Don't buy em. I'm all out of fucks to give.

We get that you don't like Jason, but your axe grinding isn't all that interesting. If people are looking for receivers being made by the guy that made the OG Mega's, then GGP is as close as you can get these days.

Was Jason an engineer or machinist? No, he was a sales guy.

I have some of the newer Zev marked receivers, they are every bit the same quality as my other Mega receivers, and they were made after Jason left. Clearly he didn't bring the value to the operation that you perceive.

Did GGP bring in their own machines now or are they running on Aero still? They look different than some of the first receivers I saw from them post-Mega.

Reactions: akg102
Does anyone here know...are the Zev receivers just rebranded Mega Arms? Is it the same quality?
Quality is the same. Same equipment and everything from what an industry person told me. I would have no issue picking up a ZEV receiver. I did like the Mega roll mark better though, that's why i bought a couple extra months ago :)

Reactions: Potss
I have a Zev / Mega 308 upper, 16" Zev / Mega barrel, and Zev Wedgelock rail, all new in packaging. Let me know:

Looks like this (obviously mine aren't assembled and don't include a muzzle device, gas tube or block):
large-frame-billet-upper-308-black_media-2.jpg

Quality is the same.

Eh...I don't know if I'd say that.

MEGA used 7076 T6 for their Wedge Lock rails
Zev has switched over to 6061 for their Wedge Lock rails now.

I also recently requested an extra titanium barrel nut from them. After pulling my old one off another build, the new one was noticeably heavier. I even weighted them. Dimensionally they are identical; however, the old MEGA weighed 2.056 ounces and the new one is 3.636 ounces.

They're definitely changing things up...

I have one of the original Mega Maten Monolithic upper that I would like to sell if anyone is interested. I also have some other Mega Arms gear.

I'm new to this forum and I'm not sure exactly how to reply or p.m...
Any chance you still have the Maten upper? What else do you have? I've got a Maten lower I purchased a few years ago that I'd like to build.

Hmm, I had no idea Mega got bought. I have a pre-lawsuit rifle length Monolithic. Definitely will be holding onto it long term

Like most folks, I loved their ambi lowers and stockpiled a ton of them. Every once in awhile, you come across some early 2009 stuff... I found a side charging upper receiver from them just a couple days ago. I have no idea what to do with it, but their old stuff is great quality.

I want to do a side charge upper. There's Bear Creek and JSE Surplus has a limited run of the Mega style billet, side charge uppers. Does anybody make a lower that matches the faceted sides of either the BC or Mega upper? With exception of a few all the lowers have the receiver tube attachment area rounded like the mil spec forged pieces, not flat sided like the Mega. There are a few that look close, but is that area of the billet lowers standardised like the mil spec forged lowers or is it like some AR10s where not everybody's stuff fits everybody else's?

Last edited: