• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What happened to us??

Notice the girl wasnt mentioned in the first scenario. She had nothing to do with the transaction. It was a sacrifice the boy wanted to make for his bride. She will only get one ring/wedding. They build and sell guns every day of the week. The sacrifice for your mate is what is important.
But thats just my view. Maybe people shouldnt sacrifice for their families?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You don't need to tell me about sacrifice, I go months without seeing my girl. You know why? So I can give her a home and a good life. My daddy taught me to save and plan for my purchases, not to go to pawn shops and get credit for frivolous shit. But hey I guess if you want to sacrifice 2/3 of what you spent on a pistol just to buy a ring go right ahead. This "right now" mentality is yet another symptom of our modern society.

The point of view i was taking is that of the gift of the magi. You are looking at it much differently. Sorry to rile you up.

Ryan

The point of view i was taking is that of the gift of the magi. You are looking at it much differently. Sorry to rile you up.

Ryan

Sorry if I seem riled, I am a little intense sometimes. If a man came to you and said "I want to marry your daughter, I sold all my investments at a 60% loss to buy her a ring" what would you say to him?

The gift of the Magi has to go both ways. You both give up something near and dear to get someone you love a gift.

Last edited:
I would say.... You must lover her a great deal because your actions speak louder than most peoples words and I would be honored to have a man like you share my daughters life.

What if the ring meant much more than the guns on his priority list??? I would give a great many things to make my wife happy because she does so many great things for me without me ever asking.

I would say.... You must lover her a great deal because your actions speak louder than most peoples words and I would be honored to have a man like you share my daughters life.

What if the ring meant much more than the guns on his priority list??? I would give a great many things to make my wife happy because she does so many great things for me without me ever asking.

You are missing my point. What if he had sold all of his guns online and had doubled his ring money? I would rather my daughter marry a smart moneywise man than a sentimental fool with no patience. Patience is a dying virtue sadly.

I just chose to not give two shits how a person dresses, as long as they dont infringe on my rights or park at the Diesel pump, I'll play nice....

You are missing my point. What if he had sold all of his guns online and had doubled his ring money? I would rather my daughter marry a smart moneywise man than a sentimental fool with no patience. Patience is a dying virtue sadly.

I agree 100% with the point you are making. It is poor planning to end up in that situation. Especially if it is a trend as opposed to an event. That said, i have been in some situations where i wished i had planned better.

Ryan

I agree 100% with the point you are making. It is poor planning to end up in that situation. Especially if it is a trend as opposed to an event. That said, i have been in some situations where i wished i had planned better.

Ryan

I try not to end up in them as I get older. I remember my younger days when I would spend my whole paycheck on gun or whatever. As I get older financial security is getting to be more and more important. I grew up in a beautiful home that has never seen a mortgage, raised by parents that have been together 31 years, they lived inside their means and money troubles never drove them apart. I see so many people that are in debt up to their eyes and don't even outright own their clothes. I drive around a 13 year old truck and people pick on me all the time, ask me why don't you have a nice new truck, you can afford it.

I agree with the debt argument as well. To the point i would rather take a hit on a resale of a gun than have to go into debt.
I have a boy that is a rising senior in high school and am currently trying drive home the not being mired in debt argument when he gets out of college but everyone around him is not thinking twice about living off student loans and making it look glamorous. Debt as a way of life is the way the prevailing winds are blowing and it breaks my heart as well.

Ryan

To this I agree.

Pawprint, you are scrambling analogies.

My point wasn't that some people don't like liver. My point was that some people who taste like liver don't like the taste of liver. Substitute the word 'pussy' for the word 'liver' and you get the idea.

Unlike molesting children, homosexuality and dressing like an idiot are not against the law. So, not only are they not moral equivalents but they're not legal equivalents either.

I do like your example about hating what the Nazis did, because that's exactly what I fear (and what I have seen) that racism and bigotry (and bigots and racists) are capable of, and that's why I try to guard against becoming one.

My point was that when you sign up to defend this country no one assumes that you know what it stands for, but when you dress-up in the flag to espouse an idea it helps to understand on what ideas, and rights, and freedoms the country you inhabit is based. Otherwise you run the risk of sounding like a hypocrite.

Your first statement was vague and generalized, to say the very least. When I commented on it, you then, and quite suddenly become specific! I can only comment on what you've written, not what I think you may have meant-or what I believe you were thinking. I had no idea you had specifics in mind, I thought you meant what you wrote. Thanks for taking the time (this time around) to clear the air. In so far as, that I was commenting on a vague generalization, I did not "mix up" or "scramble" my analogies. When confronted with a broad over-reaching statement, any and all comments that pertain to the generalized statement are spot on.

Less of this

hipsters-suck-241.jpg

More of This

funny-animal-lion-sex_zpsf8ada749.jpg

Last edited: