• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What have I gotten myself into?

jimp731

Private
Minuteman
Jan 21, 2012
South Jersey
Two weeks ago I bought my girlfriend a Savage mkii BV and I figured it was "just a .22." I shot it a few times and it's now my favorite gun to shoot.
As of right now it's sitting on my table with an EGW 20 MOA rail that I just finished bedding, and I have a SWFA 10x42x scope that just arrived via UPS today. I caught the bug and I NEED HELP!!

P.s. How do I break it to her that it's my gun now

Re: What have I gotten myself into?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JimP</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Two weeks ago I bought my girlfriend a Savage mkii BV and I figured it was "just a .22." I shot it a few times and it's now my favorite gun to shoot.
As of right now it's sitting on my table with an EGW 20 MOA rail that I just finished bedding, and I have a SWFA 10x42x scope that just arrived via UPS today. I caught the bug and I NEED HELP!!

P.s. How do I break it to her that it's my gun now </div></div>

You don't break it to her. You obviously haven't really caught the bug or you would be telling us you went and bought another on for yourself so you can both have you own rifle. Don't worry, you may not have the full blown bug yet, but you are infected and there is no cure.

Don't take the rifle from her or you'll regret it. She will either be turned off of shooting and nag and complain everytime you go to the range. Or she will take it out on you in other ways. Your best bet is to buy another rifle for yourself. I bought my wife a Savage Mark II TR so I could take her with me to the range so she wouldn't complain when I went. She enjoys it so much she asks me to go to the range. My plan worked but I fell in love with little Savage and the fact that 22LR is so cheap that I went out and bought another one for my self.

I learned from a wise old man happy wife happy life. That also refers to girlfriends.

Buy another one, or prepare for the consequences. The only way around that is if you know for certain that she doesn't know you bought the rifle.

Have you actually given it to her yet?...you may be able to use a Jedi mind trick on her and switch it up with some cheap costume jewelry. But beyond that it think your just going to have to pony up and get another rifle for yourself. Good luck!

Ok here's the deal, I had already given her the rifle and its gonna remain 'hers' for now. I talked to her about how cool the semi-auto ruger 10/22's are and plan on getting one for her soon just have to wait until she asks for it (think inception)

Lol! Good luck with that.

BTW, I really like that Savage!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JimP</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ok here's the deal, I had already given her the rifle and its gonna remain 'hers' for now. I talked to her about how cool the semi-auto ruger 10/22's are and plan on getting one for her soon just have to wait until she asks for it (think inception) </div></div>

You sir need to learn the art of thinking like a woman. If you do what you stated above, in your mind you bought her a REPLACEMENT rifle...in her mind you bought her a SECOND rifle!!!

Think about it. Buy yourself a rifle like you bought her and move on...happily.

I'm in the same boat. Went to the local gun shop to pick up some powder and my little girl wanted me to get mommy another rifle that matches her other one. I got a savage thumb hole laminate stock 22 mag already for her and then they seen the spiral fluted 22 mag and my little girl got mad when we put it back on the rack. She said I needed to take it home right then. I think I might get me one of the spiral fluted ones for me in regular 22 since it will be much cheaper to shoot.

I'm with Bloody Tailgate. Don't buy her a second rifle. That is what you are saying in womanese. Buy yourself the rifle. Make sure that she understands that the second one is yours. I have 2 Savage Mk2s I would sell if you are interested.

But whatever you do, don't play the I will buy it for "her", and then always use it because she is shooting the other one game. Remember, to think like a woman, think like a man, but take away all reason and responsibility. Bring her, pick out what you want in front of her, then pay for it. That way you can erase the mistake you made earlier by saying you will buy her another gun.