• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What if any Left Handed production rifles are available from Accuracy International or similar?

Milf Dots

Milf Hunter Extraordinaire
Supporter
Minuteman
Oct 21, 2019
I'd like to know what is available in Left Handed, production precision rifles from companies like AI and similar? Looking for 6.5 prc. Thanks in advance.

ETA: I'm very interested in the AI AT-X, but I don't know if they even offer it Right Handed in 6.5 prc, let alone Left Handed. (I learned the AT-X is only available in .308 bolt face)

Last edited:
They made some LH AXMC’s and AXSR’s. If there’s any in stock they’d be at Euro Optic or Mile High. AXMC with an aftermarket barrel is the only way you’re getting an AI in PRC. None of the short action only rifles have magnum bolts available.

That’s what you would want since it gets you the correct magnum bolt face without trying to have to source one of those too. Not in stock but you could get on the wait list, Jason at Euro Optic might be able to tell you when they’re expected in stock.

Proof Research has off the shelf 6.5PRC barrel options. They have CF and SS available in the M30/large tenon, both 24”. That would be the easy button assuming you can get one of the rifles.

Reactions: Nik H
If you want a new LH AI, you have to get on a list and be prepared to wait. They go in and out of stock.

If you are interested in building a 6.5 PRC, your only option is a used AXMC or a new AXSR in 300 Win Mag. 6.5 PRC requires a 300 Win Mag bolt face and those aren't available in a short action model. If you buy a different caliber AXMC or AXSR, then you'll need to buy a LH 300 Win Mag bolt. I have been waiting for one of those for 4 months now. Probably will never get it. I have a 6.5 blank waiting to be made into a 6.5 PRC if the bolt shows up.

AT-X is not available in LH nor compatible with 6.5 PRC due to the bolt being a 308 bolt face.

Reactions: Milf Dots
Black canyon customs will take an AI .308 bolt and open them up for 6.5PRC use. Mountic here sells ATX's in 6.5 PRC ready to go from time to time.

Gilbert and Enrique at Massey's (also on the forum here) also do magnum bolts for short action AIs.

Reactions: ELCO82
Black canyon customs will take an AI .308 bolt and open them up for 6.5PRC use. Mountic here sells ATX's in 6.5 PRC ready to go from time to time.

Gilbert and Enrique at Massey's (also on the forum here) also do magnum bolts for short action AIs.
That is super interesting to know. I was unaware of anyone doing that type of work!

Can Black Canyon Custom take a LH 308 long action bolt and convert it to fire a 6.5 PRC? Can you use it for all other cartridges that need a 300 WM bolt face? If yes, that would be exciting

That is super interesting to know. I was unaware of anyone doing that type of work!

Can Black Canyon Custom Take a LH 308 long action bolt and convert it to fire a 6.5 PRC? Can you use it for all other cartridges that need a 300 WM bolt face? If yes, that would be exciting

I would think so, but you'd need to ask them.

I run 223 and 308 family cartridges out of my AXSA's (I have a 223 conversion from Enrique and Gilbert, which is now offered by bugholes) and an AXMC for magnum family use. Never really had any interest running magnum calibers in the short action AXSA as you're limited on overall length for the heavy bullets. I'd rather use the long action AXMC and load the heavies long.

Reactions: Nik H

That’s what you would want since it gets you the correct magnum bolt face without trying to have to source one of those too. Not in stock but you could get on the wait list, Jason at Euro Optic might be able to tell you when they’re expected in stock.

Proof Research has off the shelf 6.5PRC barrel options. They have CF and SS available in the M30/large tenon, both 24”. That would be the easy button assuming you can get one of the rifles.

Good luck with waiting for another run of lefty AXSR's to come in any time soon. If you can find one, snag it. I picked up both the LH AT and AXSR when they were in stock at Euro. And if you are serious about keeping them, you may want to grab an extra FP assembly and bolt(s) while you still can. There is no confirmed order or delivery scheduled for any more left AXSR's, bolts, for FP assemblies.

Good luck with waiting for another run of lefty AXSR's to come in any time soon. If you can find one, snag it. I picked up both the LH AT and AXSR when they were in stock at Euro. And if you are serious about keeping them, you may want to grab an extra FP assembly and bolt(s) while you still can. There is no confirmed order or delivery scheduled for any more left AXSR's, bolts, for FP assemblies.
I've also been trying to get a LH FP assembly for my MC. Fat chance of that happening anytime soon either

Reactions: lte82
I've also been trying to get a LH FP assembly for my MC. Fat chance of that happening anytime soon either
Yep. Exactly why I got extras for the SR. I could use a spare for the AT though.

It appears even RH'd shooters are SOL when it comes to production precision rifles in 6.5 prc. The struggle is real.

Last edited:
Yeah, the lack of bolt options is one of the few flaws in the AI short action game. I'd kill for a production 223 and magnum bolt face in the AT-X

Reactions: TylerN
All I want is a left hand AXSA. IDGAF about caliber. I wish AI would import more left hand rifles. There are totally dozens of us!

Any updates or ideas when AI is going to release a Lefty AT-X or maybe a rem700 footprint AT-X chassis? I had an AIAX lefty loaner for a while but had to return it to its rightful owner.

Any updates or ideas when AI is going to release a Lefty AT-X or maybe a rem700 footprint AT-X chassis? I had an AIAX lefty loaner for a while but had to return it to its rightful owner.
I have been waiting for a LH 300 WinMag AXMC bolt body for a year now...It will be a lot longer than that for an AT-X

I was tempted on getting an LH AXMC but based on this... screw that.
If you can find an LH MC today, then kudos to you. I am fortunate I have two of the three bolts. I know I will never get the 300 WM bolt. I also will never buy another AI product for this reason.

I have two and am unlikely to outlive either of them so that is fine

IMG_3312.jpeg
IMG_4138.jpeg
IMG_4815.jpeg
IMG_5793.jpeg