• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What If Pappy Van Winkle?

Raven 6

Minuteman
Oct 29, 2006
Blue Ridge
Let's say a guy had a new bottle of 20 year old Pappy, that he's had for two years, and he is thinking of selling it to some lucky soul here on the Hide. What would be the legal way to do it?

Last edited:
Well let's suppose this guy wanted to make a package deal with a new bottle of George T Stagg? What would be a fair price?

Not sure what a 'fair price' would be, nor am I sure how it would be shipped. But I am darn sure that this is a TEASING thread...... and that's just torturous.

Not really teasing. It's going to go to a good home. The owner just can't bring himself to drink it due to the cost so it will be sold.

You're teasing me/us, but still.... good on ya for passing it along. There are many (ourselves included) who want to try it. Hence, the 'tease'.

Best way is fed ex with a styrofoam bottle holder. Make sure you pack the snot out of the inside of your box. Nothing should move when shook. Then send it off.

Best way is fed ex with a styrofoam bottle holder. Make sure you pack the snot out of the inside of your box. Nothing should move when shook. Then send it off.

You can get one of those shippers at your local wine store. Or you can pm me and we might do a FTF here in Virginia.

My local shop got some much coveted bottles of 23/20/15 yr Pappy today.

The 20 yr is $115.00

23 yr is $225.00

Too rich for my blood. I will stick with the 12 yr Weller. Outstanding for $24 a bottle.

A lot of the Pappy's price is in the mystique that goes with the name (unicorn factor).

Before you dog pile, I have tried all the Pappy's barrelings.

This is purely subjective.

Last edited:
Pappy 15 is the best, just as Elijah Craig 12 is better than the EC 18. As to any bottle being to expensive to drink, BULLSHIT! All it takes is the right few riff raff, a few great cigars, a hot grill, some great steaks, and that bottle goes down real easy. Trust me with this. I have experience in these matters ;)

+1 on the EC 12. It has just the right amount of sweet in it. I don't know why this isn't more expensive...I don't think the price will last.

Having a bunch of buddies over today and didn't want Pappy to evaporate so last night I bought a bottle of 10 year old Glenmorangie Single Malt Scotch. Stuff looks like liquid gold in the bottle. Decided to try it last night and "next thing I knew it was morning". Thtas some smooth and highly recommended stuff.

I have also been looking for Pappy 15 yr old for a while now. My dad has brought this up for the last couple of years and I would love to give him a bottle for his 70th birthday this summer. If anyone finds any and is willing to help someone out I will gladly make it worth their while.

Thanks

Eddie

I got a buddy who deserves this. He's purchased a hunt for about 12 guys and I know he won't take any money from any of us, but if I handed him this or something like it, he'd giggle and send me pics when he cracked it open, and knew I was @ work. Any chance there's more of this to be had? I keep reading all these posts on the Hide about the PVW, and the curiosity is maxxed. I'm more a vodka guy, but my friend loves a good whiskey/bourbon/scotch, so it fits. PM if anybody knows-
Huey

Ranger - Don't know where your local shop came up with some Pappy being it hasn't been made for some time (read several years). If they do have 20yr Reserve for $115, please forward me number as I'll take ten of them today. Also, 20yr was actually more expensive than the 23yr because it was rated the NUMBER ONE BOURBON IN THE WORLD. I was fortunate enough several years ago to purchase two bottles at $105 per. I've consumed one and still have the other. Even though it was amazing, I've been hesitant to drink the last bottle. Kind of like a gun you shouldn't have sold... Once it's gone you'll always regret it. The last 20yr bottle I found in stock online was listed at $900 and change. Waited a few days to decide if it was worth it and someone else had decided it was. In the mean time, $40 Blanton's makes me smile.