• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes What if tracking is more important than view?

ShtrRdy

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Sep 17, 2011
    High Plains
    For a scope in the $400 range, what brand and model would you recommend if I ranked the following in importance:

1. Tracking
    2. Hold zero
    3. Clarity

Let's say the max magnification is 14x to 16x.

- Todd

Re: What if tracking is more important than view?

You will probably find the best bet for quality at that price is a lower mag variable or fixed power. Maybe a more expensive scope that is used for sale on the forum or SWFA's samplelist.com

Weaver super slam, nikon buckmasters, SWFA, not much else.

I know the super slams and buckmasters track bang on, because I have used them myself, and the SWFA has a great reputation but I havent received mine yet.

Super slam is my pick of the bunch, but the buckmasters is cheaper

Chris

SWFA SS 16X or the 20X both under $400, I have 2 of the 20X and they track perfectly, return to 100yds zero everytime and could be a little brighter. I have used both scopes at several Fclass matches up to 1000yds without any problems.
    hope this helps.

Vortex Viper, mine holds zero and tracks great. I've shot out to 600 and 800 quite a few times and back down to 100, the zero is always there.