• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What iPhone(3g/3gs) case do you use?

Patrick_S

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 12, 2006
Lunenburg, VT
Well I dumped my BlackBerry Curve II(good solid phone BTW) for an iPhone 3gs because I am a geek who needed to try it out. I am now on the search for cases other than the OtterBox. I do love OtterBoxes as all of my phones have had them, but again looking to try something different. What are you guys running? How has it held up? Would you buy it again? Pics are a plus. My biggest concern is keeping dirt out as I am a mechanic and come laundry day I can empty quite a bit of dirt/rust/crud out of my pockets where my phone rides all day. As far as looks are concerned I like utilitarian hunk of steel looks.

Thank You
Patrick Scott

Re: What iPhone(3g/3gs) case do you use?

Otter box hands down. Just make sure to put a screen protector on the phone before putting it in the box.

Otterbox. They have a great product and great customer servilce. They are well worth the money.

Otterbox FTW
smile.gif

Panty 6 has the Otterbox kit on her Curve, and her iTouch 3G. The iTouch is a wee bit thinner than the iPhone, but the kit fits good. She has tried and used otehr cheap stuff and always takes both back to their otter box cases when the others don't do their job or she decides they are crap...why do they do that?

Another vote for Otter Box especially after seeing a friends Iphone ran over in one. The only issue he had was the sim card came dislodged a little bit and he had to enter the sim pass code.

Since there seems to be nothing on par with the OtterBox I guess Ill be ordering up another one. Thanks guys

The one I have seen is nowhere near as protective as the Otterbox.

I have literally skipped my iPhone across the pavement in the Otterbox. My wife slammed hers in the trunk of our Durango. The only thing I have not done is splash tested it. I usually throw it in a sandwich bag if it's raining. Cheap insurance. I have herd from guys that the Otterbox with take a quick dunk with no problems. You just can't let it soak.

Otterbox Defender Series. I like mine but the case has to be durable because the belt clip they use sucks. Very easy to bump the phone out of the belt clip. My phone hits the ground a couple times a day due to this.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bray</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Otterbox Defender Series. I like mine but the case has to be durable because the belt clip they use sucks. Very easy to bump the phone out of the belt clip. My phone hits the ground a couple times a day due to this.
</div></div>

If you have the "old" clip (no phone picture on the inside) you can contact Otterbox and they will send you a new one. It's much better than the old style. I usually clip my phone to my thigh rig while I am gearing up and the new clip will actually keep it there.

When I am in summer uniform I often clip the phone to my epaulet opposite my mike. The only time I have had the phone come out is when I have hooked it on the roofline exiting the car.

Additionally the new clip will retain the phone when you clip it in "face out". The old one would not. It's nice because now I can clip it to something and still see if I receive a call or watch a video.

agent18 here. Quality is pretty good. Heard great things about the otterbox cases though.

Thanks for the info. I will get in touch with them.

I use the otter box case, but not the otter box holder. I use a Maxpedition phone holder. I got tired of the phone falling out. It never falls out of the Maxpedition phone holder.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Big Bo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I use the otter box case, but not the otter box holder. I use a Maxpedition phone holder. I got tired of the phone falling out. It never falls out of the Maxpedition phone holder.</div></div>

Good idea, I think I have one of those around here.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: WHITE</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Otterbox Armor Case with Knights Armament rail mount. Some pics at:

http://www.knightarmco.com/bulletflight/index.htm </div></div>

I am using the 3rd generation of this. It's bulletproof.

I have the ballistic on the iphone 4 and it works great

Got the OtterBox today. Tough as a tank(no surprise), but it looks like I have the old style clip, guess I'm gonna give them a call.

Otterbox. I recently broke the holder for mine and was prepared to buy a new one. I emailed Otterbox to get a price and they sent a new holder at no charge. I can't argue with that.

Get the Otterbox Defender. You can get them for around 20bucks on amazon. They also have a great warranty. My son Brayden who is almost 2 bit and tore the silicone cover to shreds, I called Otterbox and they sent me a new one at no charge.

"I use the otter box case, but not the otter box holder. I use a Maxpedition phone holder. I got tired of the phone falling out. It never falls out of the Maxpedition phone holder."

Thank you for the nice idea, i think i will follow your suggestions.

----------
The Triumph of Marcus Aurelius Wall Frieze

Otter Box. Nothing else compares by any measure. I travel all over the world and stay and work in ratty places. I have dropped, had it stolen and thrown into ashes, and been rained on more times than i remember. The iphone was never fazed. It sits in the inner box, nestled in by hard plastic and dressed with soft rubber. I have had hard shells, soft shells, and leather holsters. Only Otter Box does the job. Plus it is just as responsive to the sensitivity of touch and the breadth of the case makes it easier to hold. My two cents.

Otterbox Defender rocks....Iphone looks like new when i remove it from inside the defender after a year or two.

One thing, if you get bubbles on the OBox screen, use a screen shield underneath on the Iphone and no more bubbles or airpockets..